Favourite Motorsport: F1..BTCC..MotoGP
Favourite Racing Car: Benetton B189
Favourite Circuit: Donington Park

Post by kals »

Bottom post of the previous page:

Good news. F3 Masters goes back to it's rightful home!!! :thumbsup:
Autosport.com wrote:Masters to return to Zandvoort

By Glenn Freeman Friday, January 23rd 2009, 15:50 GMT

The Masters of Formula 3 race will return to Zandvoort in 2009 after two years away from the Dutch circuit, autosport.com can reveal.

The renowned event, which along with the Macau Grand Prix attracts a large international entry, had to move to Zolder for 2007 and 2008 due to noise restrictions at Zandvoort.

However, circuit bosses have announced that due to a shake-up in the 2009-10 A1GP calendar, where Zandvoort will move from its usual autumn date to spring 2010, the F3 race can return to its home circuit for this year.

Zandvoort COO Erik Weijers said: "Since the decision by the Dutch supreme court in 2007, we have been working hard to get the Masters of Formula 3 back to Zandvoort.

"The event was founded at Zandvoort back in 1991 and has established a strong heritage. Because of the noise restrictions in The Netherlands, we had to run the previous two events at Zolder in Belgium.

"This turned out to be a good alternative, but all teams and fans agreed: the Masters of Formula 3 belongs at Zandvoort."

This year's race will take place on June 13/14. Previous winners include David Coulthard, Takuma Sato and Lewis Hamilton.
HC

Post by HC »

Good news to you, bad news to me. Now all that remains is a DPP round and I will certainly not visit that. I don´t want to pay to see 10 BMW´s, couple of Swifts and the all new and great (sarcasm) Dutch GT4.

The Zolder calendar is a joke anyway. Only decent event is Superleague together with Dutch Supercar and EuroBOSS. You can now also enter BTCS and DMESC (or something) cars in the 24 hours of Zolder, which means they have not enough entries. I´m probably gonna visit the circuit one time, which is a shame. Meanwhile Zandvoort has its F3 back thanks to the shitty A1GP and they have a good event, together with possibly Euroseries 3000.
kals
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by kals »

I don't what this means for Paffett, but if it means he is in a year old car again it is grossly unfair on him. I just hope Ralf can use this opportunity.
Autosport.com wrote:Schumacher steps up to new Mercedes

By Steven English Wednesday, February 11th 2009, 11:44 GMT

Ralf Schumacher will move up to a brand new Mercedes for this season after spending his rookie year in the series in a one-year-old car in 2008.

The six-time grand prix winner only finished in the points twice last season in a 2007-spec C-Class, but is confident that he can improve his results with a year of experience now behind him.

"It was clear for all of us that 2008 would be a learning year for me, therefore I am satisfied with my achievements," said Schumacher. "The 2009 C-Class is a big chance for me and I want to justify the trust Mercedes-Benz put in me with good results.

"In my opinion, the DTM is the best touring car series in the world. Here we fight hard for every metre and every tenth of a second. As I know from many encounters in the paddock, the fans like this as much as me. From my point of view, the spectators don't get more value for their money in any other top racing series."

Mercedes motorsport boss Norbert Haug also expects to see Schumacher's performance increase in a new car.

"During the last season, Ralf Schumacher demonstrated that he was racing in the DTM with all his heart and that, after his Formula One career, he does not consider touring car racing a challenge which he has yet finished.

"His learning year was good for him and for the DTM. The racing series again showed that even a world class driver with Formula One victories to his credit cannot come straight in and compete against the front-runners. Nevertheless, Ralf became one of the most popular drivers already in his debut year and was in the focus of the interest from the beginning to the end.

"Our latest tests in Mugello showed that Ralf can drive a DTM touring car at top level. After his learning year, I am sure Ralf will show what he can do."
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 49
Favourite Driver: Gilles Villeneuve, James Hunt
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X JDM

Post by PTRACER »

I didn't follow DTM last year, but I know Ralfie didn't set the world on fire...
Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

King of the Race Track, Destroyer of Tyres, Breaker of Lap Records
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Kimi,Niki,Jim(none called Michael)
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: Audi SQ5 3.0L V6 TwinTurbo
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Post by Everso Biggyballies »

kals wrote:I don't what this means for Paffett, but if it means he is in a year old car again it is grossly unfair on him. I just hope Ralf can use this opportunity.
Autosport.com wrote:Schumacher steps up to new Mercedes

After his learning year, I am sure Ralf will show what he can do."

I sure he will too..... about the same as last year. :wink:

* I started life with nothing, and still have most of it left

“Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows!” (Walter Röhrl)

* I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always
kals
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by kals »

There is a report stating that Mercedes have yet to decide on who will get their final 09 car, and to quote Norbert Haug "it will come as a surprise". Speculation suggests that Villenueve, Coulthard and (errr, ok!!) Montoya are in line for the car.
Cheeveer
Favourite Racing Car: Panoz GTR1
Favourite Driver: Alex Zanardi
Favourite Circuit: Bathurst

Post by Cheeveer »

kals wrote:There is a report stating that Mercedes have yet to decide on who will get their final 09 car, and to quote Norbert Haug "it will come as a surprise". Speculation suggests that Villenueve, Coulthard and (errr, ok!!) Montoya are in line for the car.
Haha, what bullshit. What idiot came up with that?
***Some say you should live each day like it was your last... but who wants to live each day in wild panic and extreme death anxiety?

The universe, look at the hugeness of it... it is a dizzying thought that little ol' me is the centre of it all!***
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 49
Favourite Driver: Gilles Villeneuve, James Hunt
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X JDM

Post by PTRACER »

Certainly won't be DC, he's working for the BBC this year.
Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

King of the Race Track, Destroyer of Tyres, Breaker of Lap Records
Cheeveer
Favourite Racing Car: Panoz GTR1
Favourite Driver: Alex Zanardi
Favourite Circuit: Bathurst

Post by Cheeveer »

I don't think there's any truth in any of those names. Just a way to get more publicity from gullible idiots.
***Some say you should live each day like it was your last... but who wants to live each day in wild panic and extreme death anxiety?

The universe, look at the hugeness of it... it is a dizzying thought that little ol' me is the centre of it all!***
kals
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by kals »

Cheeveer wrote:
kals wrote:There is a report stating that Mercedes have yet to decide on who will get their final 09 car, and to quote Norbert Haug "it will come as a surprise". Speculation suggests that Villenueve, Coulthard and (errr, ok!!) Montoya are in line for the car.
Haha, what bullshit. What idiot came up with that?
This link was posted at TBK, but yeah probably complete BS.
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Kimi,Niki,Jim(none called Michael)
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: Audi SQ5 3.0L V6 TwinTurbo
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Post by Everso Biggyballies »

Cheeveer wrote:I don't think there's any truth in any of those names. Just a way to get more publicity from gullible idiots.
Is there any TC series JV isnt connected to with a view to a 2009 drive (V8 Supercars, DTM, no doubt Superleague whatever it is.

Re DC I was hoping we might get a chance to see DC at LM24hr this year... with Les Sebs (Bourdais and Loeb) in a Red Bull (Taurene free Cola :tongue: ) backed Peugeot. OK Le Seb (Bourdais) is in, as is Klien, .....Im not sure if LM clashes with WRC this year re Loeb.

Of course JV has been dumped along with Zonta but that is no loss.
Looks like JV is destined to be a professional full time warbler :roll: :wink:

* I started life with nothing, and still have most of it left

“Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows!” (Walter Röhrl)

* I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always
kals
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by kals »

So I read in this weeks Autosport Magazine that Katherline Legge has been promoted to an 08 spec car, whereas Albers has been left in a two year old model. I'm not sure the reasons behind that but I did think (as much as I don't like him) Albers did a better job than KL last year.
Metzo
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Favourite Motorsport: touring cars
Favourite Circuit: AVUS, Salzburgring

Post by Metzo »

http://www.motorsport-total.com/dtm/new ... 70801.html

they want to race in the Olympic Stadium in München :lol: :lol: :lol:

Race of Champions Style :-|