Favourite Circuit: Donington Park

Post by kals »

Bottom post of the previous page:

That I didn't know Edgar, thanks for that :thumbsup:
Edgar Jessop
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Edgar Jessop »

It wasn't in a Quest FF1600 though .... Lotus brought along an F1 car and Johnny ran three or four loud laps, coming back into the pits each time to make spoof 'miracle' adjustments. Then on the last run 'somehow' went round the Indy circuit faster than anyone ever!! It did look and sound impressive though. It was something like a 38.7 lap as I recall; all huge speeds along the straights and just insanely quick up the hill to Druids!
C'est brutal mais ca marche!
Ian-S
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by Ian-S »

Edgar Jessop wrote:
kals wrote:I find it amazing to think that it has been 21 years since Herbert raced at Brands.
... though he did set the outright lap record round the Indy circuit at the Formula Ford 25th anniversary meeting in 1992.
was there, that bloody Lotus was QUICK and he wasn't anywhere near the limit :thumbsup:
I was stood on the pitwall and my ears hurt for about 2 days afterwards.
I am very sorry if you find my posts long and boring, I like to type and often go off on a tangent.
If this is the case, you may click here to solve the problem, or alternatively here too.
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 49
Favourite Driver: Gilles Villeneuve, James Hunt
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X JDM

Post by PTRACER »

Unless I'm very much mistaken, the BTCC title will be decided today :wave: Turkington vs. Giovanardi.
Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

King of the Race Track, Destroyer of Tyres, Breaker of Lap Records
kals
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1..BTCC..MotoGP
Favourite Racing Car: Benetton B189

Post by kals »

And not forgetting Jason Plato is in with a shout Paul :wave:

Ford and Tom Chilton took a stunning pole position yesterday, lining up beside him is Plato and then Gio. All three were covered by less than a tenth of a second. Turks lines up 10th.
kals
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by kals »

Race 1 has been and gone, Plato being victorious by 0.015 secs from Chilton who had lead the entire race only to have his power steering fail two corners before the end of the race. Plato sneaked underneath Chilton on the run to the flag. Turkington now leads the championship by 6 points from Gio with Plato only another 8 behind.
Ian-S
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by Ian-S »

always got an excuse, I've never heard him admit he got beat fair and square.
funny how he was able to turn down and give plato a whack on the run the line with power steering failure but couldn't turn the wheel far enough to get the power down faster out the last corner (don't know about you but I thought throttle control was you're right foot not the steering wheel).

:haha:
I am very sorry if you find my posts long and boring, I like to type and often go off on a tangent.
If this is the case, you may click here to solve the problem, or alternatively here too.
kals
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by kals »

So after the final three races Colin Turkington was crowned a well deserved champion. Each race today was won by Jason Plato, only the second time in the BTCC three race meeting history that one person has taken the chequered flag in each race. The last being Dan Eaves at Thruxton in 2006. The final race was awesome, although it was slightly spoiled by shameful and unsporting tactics from the Vauxhall squad, delivered by Matt Neal.

This year's BTCC has been one of the best in years, and to think at the end of last year I nearly gave up on the championship.
Hamster
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Hamster »

Only just had a chance to watch the races and it was well worth the wait. Spectacular battles with good triumphing over evil, Colin is fully deserving of been awarded champion. Fantastic on all accounts. Bring on next year. :mrgreen:
kals
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by kals »

As I was walking through Cheltenham city centre earlier today with the wife and son I noticed 3 BMW X1s being parked and demo'ed in rather an odd spot. One drove off and as the three of us walked past I saw a rather familiar person showing a Ninendo Wii game from the boot of one of the cars. It was Paul O'Neill, dressed in BMW corporate gear. I walked on a little further and turned back to look again only to see Tom Onslow-Cole also in BMW gear doing the same but with the second car. I thought it was quite cool to see them both.
Cheeveer
Favourite Racing Car: Panoz GTR1
Favourite Driver: Alex Zanardi
Favourite Circuit: Bathurst

Post by Cheeveer »

Huge news from Sweden and Denmark! The Swedish Touring Car Championship and the DTC will become the Scandinavian Touring Car Championship in 2011!

http://www.touringcartimes.com/news.php?id=4181

Could be great for motorsport in the region, but it could also spell disaster for the race tracks around here since they will probably lose half of their income from seat sales.
And it won't be cheaper for the teams to travel.
***Some say you should live each day like it was your last... but who wants to live each day in wild panic and extreme death anxiety?

The universe, look at the hugeness of it... it is a dizzying thought that little ol' me is the centre of it all!***
Quintin03
Silver Member
Silver Member
Favourite Motorsport: A1GP and Dutch Supercar Challenge
Favourite Racing Car: A SEAT León
Favourite Driver: Robert Doornbos (Bobby D in U.S.A.)
Favourite Circuit: Ahvenisto

Post by Quintin03 »

For the traveling I have one idea. Those teams that race only on tracks now hosting DTC events and no more than two STCC tracks are also given points for a separate Danish championship. For the swede's it works just the other way round so replace STCC with DTC and Danish with Swedish.
Rainyday
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1, WRC, NASCAR, BTCC, KKWCS
Favourite Racing Car: Lancia 037
Favourite Driver: Mika Häkkinen
Favourite Circuit: Nürburgring Nordschleife

Post by Rainyday »

Would've been great if they included Finland as well, even if we don't have any big touring car series.
Square numbers are just like women, if they're under 13 just do them in your head.
caneparo wrote:considering what you wrote I must say you smoked antifreeze
Cheeveer
Favourite Racing Car: Panoz GTR1
Favourite Driver: Alex Zanardi
Favourite Circuit: Bathurst

Post by Cheeveer »

Rainyday wrote:Would've been great if they included Finland as well, even if we don't have any big touring car series.
The goal is to have Finland included by 2012. There was one Finnish driver entered in STCC this year and there was some hype surrounding him but he never showed up at any race.
***Some say you should live each day like it was your last... but who wants to live each day in wild panic and extreme death anxiety?

The universe, look at the hugeness of it... it is a dizzying thought that little ol' me is the centre of it all!***
Rainyday
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1, WRC, NASCAR, BTCC, KKWCS
Favourite Racing Car: Lancia 037
Favourite Driver: Mika Häkkinen
Favourite Circuit: Nürburgring Nordschleife

Post by Rainyday »

Cheeveer wrote:
Rainyday wrote:Would've been great if they included Finland as well, even if we don't have any big touring car series.
The goal is to have Finland included by 2012. There was one Finnish driver entered in STCC this year and there was some hype surrounding him but he never showed up at any race.
That's great. The calendar will be quite interesting then? Best of Scandinavia (or Nordic countries, since Finland technically isn't part of Scandinavia) has to offer, all in one series. Of course, the dane-swedish series already is quite a cool concept.
Square numbers are just like women, if they're under 13 just do them in your head.
caneparo wrote:considering what you wrote I must say you smoked antifreeze