Favourite Circuit: Bathurst

Post by Cheeveer »

Bottom post of the previous page:

Metzo wrote:
PTRACER wrote:Did this happen this year as well? :shock:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkEEXN3y ... re=related

Sorry, it's a little off-topic.
zolder 2005 iirc
Correct, it was Alx Danielsson he hit. Danielsson got pretty injured there I think, missed a race or two IIRC.
***Some say you should live each day like it was your last... but who wants to live each day in wild panic and extreme death anxiety?

The universe, look at the hugeness of it... it is a dizzying thought that little ol' me is the centre of it all!***
HC

Post by HC »

PTRACER wrote:Did this happen this year as well? :shock:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkEEXN3y ... re=related

Sorry, it's a little off-topic.
That's indeed the first ever round of the World Series by Renault in 2005. They did show two different crashes in the RTL GP Crashes program and of course they had the drivers names all messed up.

The crash involving Alx was during a qualifying session on Saturday, he broke his foot. The other incident was even more scary. Tedeschi drove into the back of Meneghello and went upside down, they escaped injury. I saw their cars come back on the flatbed and the Tedeschi car was junk. It was a great weekend although filled with incident and controversy. But if you think back of all the drivers that were there: Kubica, Power, Porteiro, Chandhok, Gommendy, Pagenaud, Van Lagen, Winkelhock, Zuber...
HC

Post by HC »

Over at our friends I could locate the posts I made in 2005.

This one shows how both cars looked after the crash in the Bolderberg turn.
HC wrote:Image
And here's a neat picture of Zuber pushing Power into the wall I think. Notice the prof photographer on the second picture.
HC wrote:These are pictures of the first World Series race.

PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 49
Favourite Driver: Gilles Villeneuve, James Hunt
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X JDM

Post by PTRACER »

That's cool :thumbsup: Your camera must be pretty good to capture "fast paced" action shots. Most digital cameras take a second or two to take a picture after you've pressed the button.
Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

King of the Race Track, Destroyer of Tyres, Breaker of Lap Records
HC

Post by HC »

I used my good ol' cheap HP camera back then. It had a really good reaction time and I could snap when I wanted. When something exciting happened I could click right away. My friend with his expensive Nikon then would miss it coz his camera focused on a gate instead of a car going out of control for example. It served me well since 2004 and it gave me a lot of good pictures. I think that HP was certainly the best in its price class back then.
HC

Post by HC »

And yet another story of a car manufacturer that is interested in joining DTM, this time its Citroen. Their weapon of choice would be the Citroen C5.

A delegation was present at the season opener last weekend. Apparently the new sporting director Olivier Quesnel is not happy with the WRC. Lack of promotion, logistic costs too high and the double calendar that will mean that key events like Monte-Carlo and Rallye Deutschland will not be visited next year.

I would love to see Citroen join the DTM but it would be awful to see them leave WRC.
HC

Post by HC »

DTM considering return to Austria

By Steven English Thursday, April 17th 2008, 09:59 GMT

The DTM could return to Austria's A1 Ring once the circuit has been restored by Red Bull, according to series bosses.

The track held three DTM rounds between 2001 and 2003 before it was demolished at the end of the 2003 season, but it is set to be restored by the Austrian energy drinks giant in time for the beginning of next season.

DTM promoter Hans Werner Aufrecht is keen to take the series back to Austria, and is also considering plans to hold races in Russia and China.

"It's no secret that we were happy in Austria," he said. "We doubled the spectator figures each year we were there and we'd certainly like to go back there again if the new track permits it."

The DTM also confirmed a deal last weekend to keep the season-opening race at Hockenheim for the next three years after 93,000 fans attended the event.

Source: Autosport
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 49
Favourite Driver: Gilles Villeneuve, James Hunt
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X JDM

Post by PTRACER »

I thought the A1-Ring had been completely abandoned? :wow:
Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

King of the Race Track, Destroyer of Tyres, Breaker of Lap Records
kart99
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kart99 »

PTRACER wrote:I thought the A1-Ring had been completely abandoned? :wow:
I had been, demolished somewhat in 2003. The tracks pitbulidings and some of the circuit I think had been demolished, but are being restored.
kals
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1..BTCC..MotoGP
Favourite Racing Car: Benetton B189
Favourite Circuit: Donington Park

Post by kals »

Is the A1-Ring being restored to 1997-2002 spec, or is it being remodelled as per Red Bulls original plans?
erwin greven
Staff
Staff
Favourite Motorsport: Endurance Racing
Favourite Racing Car: Lancia Delta 038 S4 Group B
Favourite Driver: Ronnie Peterson
Favourite Circuit: Nuerburgring Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Peugeot 206 SW Air-Line 3 2007

Post by erwin greven »

I think they just restore to the 1997-2002 lay-out. But the wonderful news is to me is that it could be used again as a circuit! :smiley:
Brian Redman: "Mr. Fangio, how do you come so fast?" "More throttle, less brakes...."
erwin greven
Staff
Staff
Favourite Motorsport: Endurance Racing
Favourite Racing Car: Lancia Delta 038 S4 Group B
Favourite Driver: Ronnie Peterson
Favourite Circuit: Nuerburgring Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Peugeot 206 SW Air-Line 3 2007

Post by erwin greven »

Qualifying is on! Premat crashes, red flag with 1.5 min to go.
Brian Redman: "Mr. Fangio, how do you come so fast?" "More throttle, less brakes...."
Metzo
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Favourite Motorsport: touring cars
Favourite Circuit: AVUS, Salzburgring

Post by Metzo »

grate race today :smile:
Cheeveer
Favourite Racing Car: Panoz GTR1
Favourite Driver: Alex Zanardi

Post by Cheeveer »

Metzo wrote:grate race today :smile:
More eventful than Hockenheim, but still not great.
***Some say you should live each day like it was your last... but who wants to live each day in wild panic and extreme death anxiety?

The universe, look at the hugeness of it... it is a dizzying thought that little ol' me is the centre of it all!***
Metzo
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Favourite Motorsport: touring cars
Favourite Circuit: AVUS, Salzburgring

Post by Metzo »

it was grate for a DTM race at Oschersleben :roll:
Cheeveer
Favourite Racing Car: Panoz GTR1
Favourite Driver: Alex Zanardi

Post by Cheeveer »

Metzo wrote::roll:
I could see that coming.

You know, come to think of it, Oschersleben was kind off worse. A worse driver won, no fight for the lead and a silly crash at the end. There was just as much battles for lesser positions at Hockenheim.

Note in Swedish: Undrar hur han kommer att reagera på det där. Det där med att en sämre förare vann är bara för att ge en hint att "vår" förare är bättre. Det är inget allvarligt menat. :)

Oh, Kristensen did well today.