kals
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1..BTCC..MotoGP
Favourite Racing Car: Benetton B189
Favourite Circuit: Donington Park

Post by kals »

Bottom post of the previous page:

Another Seat one - two - three at Monza. All teams playing the team game. Tarquini giving up the lead to Muller to assist Yvan in the Championship (as confirmed he would by his race engineer prior to the race). Farfus let Priaulx through early in the race and Larini backed off at the end to allow Huff an extra point. I can't see anyone beating Yvan this year now. It's such a disappointment that the Seats are allowed so much of an advantage. Seat do not have the best car, as proved by the petrol version in the last few years.
OSNOF
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by OSNOF »

2nd IFM race was thankfully better behaved.
kals
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by kals »

Are the WTCC officials blind??? At the start of the second race a Seat and a Chevty clearly cut the first chicane and gained at least 4 spots each. Did they drop back? Did they bollocks! This ultimately hurt Priaulx who was impeded by the Chevy and lost out to Muller.

Talking about the maximum weight ladened Seats well, no surprises but they have eased into the top positions. Gene leads, Tarquini second and Muller forth or fifth having started 10th.... Equality my arse.
kals
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by kals »

Right, the race was won by Tarquini who came from 7th on the grid. Gene was 2nd, with Larini third. Muller ended 4th. Priaulx and Huff both retired with punctures. However. I checked back on the incident at the first corner to see who the drivers of the Seat and Chevy were, who clearly cut the first chicane and failed to concede their positions. The Chevy was Rob Huff's, cutting the chicance fllowing sizeable contact with another car. The Seat was Tarquini's, who went off to avoid an errant BMW. Tarquini went from about 10th to 4th having cut the chicane. Rob Huff's progress was similar. I'm wondering if there will be a stewards enquiry or not, as if Tarquini is penalised then that will just increase Muller's lead at the top of the table.
kals
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by kals »

Yes, this penalty really fits the crime...... :roll:
Tarquini hit with penalty.
Sunday, 5th October 2008

Gabriele Tarquini penalised following second WTCC race of the weekend at Monza.

Gabriele Tarquini has been hit with a five place grid penalty for the next round of the World Touring Car Championship in Japan after being found guilty of gaining an unfair advantage by cutting the first chicane at Monza.

The Italian, who took a vital victory in the race in the battle for the 2008 title, was under investigation for cutting the corner after the start and failing to give back the advantage, as required by the regulations.

Having viewed the TV evidence, and after speaking to Tarquini himself, race stewards deemed that the Italian veteran had gained an advantage and imposed the penalty, which will be taken ahead of race one at Okayama.

While team-mate Rickard Rydell was handed a 30-second penalty for a similar incident in race one, the stewards took into consideration the circumstances of the race start in making it difficult for Tarquini to understand where he should have rejoined to avoid gaining an advantage over his rivals.
gd49

Post by gd49 »

Guess they're trying to preserve some sort of championship battle by not penalising Tarquini too harshly. Think it was actually Larini's Chevrolet that cut the chicane at the start of the 2nd race, which gave him his good finishing position.
kals
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by kals »

I've just watched the first IFM race and wow what appalling driving! Siedler should be banned for severly reckless behaviour. I cannot believe the Stewards would not take action after this one race.
gd49

Post by gd49 »

kals wrote:I've just watched the first IFM race and wow what appalling driving! Siedler should be banned for severly reckless behaviour. I cannot believe the Stewards would not take action after this one race.
I think Siedler and Asfaniev did get a penalty, or at least they didn't seem to be in the correct grid positon for race 2 given their results in race 1. Would be nice to hear if anyone knows the actual penalty they recieved.
kals
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by kals »

Chevy have launched their new 2009 WTCC car, the new Cruze.

Metzo
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Favourite Motorsport: touring cars
Favourite Circuit: AVUS, Salzburgring

Post by Metzo »

awesome car
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 49
Favourite Driver: Gilles Villeneuve, James Hunt
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X JDM

Post by PTRACER »

That's pretty mean looking :thumbsup:
Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

King of the Race Track, Destroyer of Tyres, Breaker of Lap Records
futuretiger9
Favourite Motorsport: 1970s F1 / sportscars
Favourite Racing Car: Porsche 956
Favourite Driver: Jacky Ickx
Favourite Circuit: Nurburgring Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: n/a

Post by futuretiger9 »

I trust that the colour scheme will be toned down somewhat before it races!!
HC

Post by HC »

Nykajer just won the first ETC Cup race. And what a race it was, all the way till the last lap. When they race on the Salzburgring you immediately realize how boring the Tilke tracks are. Shame Flash and Engstler both spun out in T1, could have made the race even more exciting.
Sam
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Sam »

I have to agree, track is great for touring car racing with it's long sweeping curves and provided excellent racing today. It'll be interesting to see the Nykjär and Göransson pick their way through the slower cars on race 2.
kals
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by kals »

Any news on whether Nogues has been penalised for taking Engstrom out?
HC

Post by HC »

kals wrote:Any news on whether Nogues has been penalised for taking Engstrom out?
No, Mr. Haven was pretty sarcastic about it. Nogues won the second race but Michel Nykjaer took the Cup. Great to see a circuit in a natural environment again. And no chicane cutting for these boys, there's gravel! :haha:

I wonder which circuit they turn up next year. Some pretty interesting venues so far.