kals
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1..BTCC..MotoGP
Favourite Racing Car: Benetton B189
Favourite Circuit: Donington Park

Post by kals »

Bottom post of the previous page:

And the answer to my question is yes...... a pretty dominent win by the looks of it and the rest of the field backed up behind Muller - 2nd to 14th covered by 9 seconds.

1. Augusto Farfus BMW Team Germany BMW 320si 20 laps
2. Yvan Muller SEAT Sport SEAT Leon TDI +17.851secs
3. Jordi Gene SEAT Sport SEAT Leon TDI +18.111secs
4. Rob Huff Chevrolet Chevrolet Lacetti +19.139secs
5. Gabriele Tarquini SEAT Sport SEAT Leon TDI +20.608secs
6. Rickard Rydell SEAT Sport SEAT Leon TDI +21.265secs
7. Nicola Larini Chevrolet Chevrolet Lacetti +22.110secs
8. Andy Priaulx BMW Team UK BMW 320si +22.478secs
9. Jorg Muller BMW Team Germany BMW 320si +23.126secs
10. Alain Menu Chevrolet Chevrolet Lacetti +23.543secs
11. James Thompson N.Technology Honda Accord +24.144secs
12. Alex Zanardi BMW Team Italy-Spain BMW 320si +25.012secs
13. Tiago Monteiro SEAT Sport SEAT Leon TDI +25.417secs
14. Tom Coronel SUNRED SEAT Leon TFSI +26.573secs
15. Felix Porteiro BMW Team Italy-Spain BMW 320si +36.631secs
16. Laurent Cazenave Weichers-Sport BMW 320si +37.412secs I
17. Sergio Hernandez Proteam BMW 320si +37.783secs I
18. Stefano D'Aste Proteam BMW 320si +38.254secs I
19. Franz Engstler Team Engstler BMW 320si +38.834secs I
20. Andrey Romanov Team Engstler BMW 320si +1min 03.206secs I
21. Jaap van Lagen Russian Bears Motorsport Lada 110 +1min 03.847secs G

Not classified:

22. Ibrahim Okyay Otomotiv Motorsport BMW 320si 13 laps completed I
23. Pierre-Yves Corthals Team Exagon SEAT Leon 0 laps completed I
24. Oscar Nogues SUNRED SEAT Leon TFSI 0 laps completed I

So Priaulx on pole for race 2 which is live on Eurosport from 2pm tody.
PorscheFanNo1
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by PorscheFanNo1 »

kals wrote:So Priaulx on pole for race 2 which is live on Eurosport from 2pm tody.
4 CET. If youre in London that should be 3pm.
kals
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by kals »

Thanks :thumbsup: The coverage starts at 2pm with highlights of race 1.
ASH
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by ASH »

Nice race atm. I thought this is WTCC.......instead they present us a real good banger meeting. Great!
Work as hard as you can! Do it as well as you can! Don't shit where you eat!
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 49
Favourite Driver: Gilles Villeneuve, James Hunt
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X JDM

Post by PTRACER »

Yeah, I've just watched the race, it was brilliant. :thumbsup: Zanardi almost won the race as well.
Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

King of the Race Track, Destroyer of Tyres, Breaker of Lap Records
gd49

Post by gd49 »

Really enjoyed the 2nd race, best WTCC race I've seen for ages. Plenty of action, but most of the contact was fair side-to-side stuff, rather than punts. Might even be one of the touring car races of the year.
kals
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by kals »

I really enjoyed race 2 as well. Although I thought Thommo was treated like punching bag. Interesting that Rob Huff is joint 4th place in the Championship now and joint best Brit with Priaulx, but both are over 20 points behind Tarquini.
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by PTRACER »

Did anything happen with regards to penalties after Race 2? There was a LOT of banging and crashing going on, although in my opinion, it's all part of touring car racing and none of it was really deliberate.
Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

kals
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by kals »

I just checked the offical WTCC website and this is what I found, which was quite surprising. I actually thought Yvan Muller might have been penalised for his move on Menu. I don't think it was deliberate but it was unneccessary.
FIAWTCC.com wrote:
HUFF EXCLUDED FROM THIRD PLACE

Robert Huff lost his third place in today’s second race at Brno, after his Chevrolet Lacetti car was excluded by the Stewards due to a technical infringement: the front anti-roll bar link did not conform.The Briton’s exclusion promoted Augusto Farfus to third and the reigning World Champion Andy Priaulx to eighth, meaning that he retains his fourth position in the drivers championship behind the SEAT trio of Gabriele Tarquini, Yvan Muller and Rickard Rydell with a 15-point gap from the Italian.

PENALTIES FOR D'ASTE AND ENGSTLER

Further to incidents occurred during today's second race, the Stewards also imposed a drop of ten positions on the grid of Estoril's Race 1 and a euro 1,000 fine on both Stefano D'Aste and Franz Engstler.

The Italian was judged guilty of a collision with Engstler, while the latter for hitting Tiago Monteiro.
The_Stig
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by The_Stig »

Intresting, I wonder i we get the WTCC over here in NZ? I remeber whenPaul Radisich was rcing them. It's an awesome series
(\__/)
( o.O) This is Bunny. Copy and
(")_(") paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.
HC

Post by HC »

Volvo to enter WTCC at Brands Hatch

By Steven English Thursday, July 17th 2008, 21:36 GMT

Volvo will enter their ethanol C30 in the World Touring Car Championship at Brands Hatch next weekend.

Former British Formula 3 race winner Robert Dahlgren has been racing the ethanol E85-powered car in the Swedish Touring Car Championship this season and is looking forward to making a one-off WTCC appearance in Britain.

"It will be fantastic to race at Brands Hatch again," he said. "I spent most of my youth in Britain and have driven all the tracks in different series so it's exciting to come back, but this time as a works driver for Volvo and in the exciting new C30."

Volvo are keen to evaluate the car against WTCC opposition and motorsport director Derek Crabb says it was always in the plan to test the car in this arena.

"We're naturally excited," he said. "This race was on the to-do list from the start. We wanted this as a check point to see how far we've come against the best.

"We're climbing up the development curve of this car and we strongly believe the Volvo C30 may become a very competitive car in any FIA Super 2000 championship. However, it's important to stay pragmatic and do things in the right order."

Dahlgren will be run at Brands by Polestar Racing AB, who also run him in the Swedish series, although the car will not be eligible for points at the event.

Source: Autosport
The more cars, the better, although its an one off. It's kinda lame when you have this World Championship and all you see is 20 SEAT's going against 20 BMW's. The first all being awful yellow and the latter's being plain white. Anyway, it will be quite a field then at Brands (SEAT, BMW, Chevrolet, Honda, Lada, Volvo). Maybe a good sign for the future. Also there's the TI Aida race which will create some interest for the Asian markets.
Cheeveer
Favourite Racing Car: Panoz GTR1
Favourite Driver: Alex Zanardi
Favourite Circuit: Bathurst

Post by Cheeveer »

They will run at Monza also, with two cars. Tommy Rustad will drive the other one. The Volvo's has usually been the fastest car in STCC this year, but they've had so much bad luck that they have only been on the podium twice or something like that. Dahlgren has crashed at least twice from podium positions late in the race, and has had a lot other problems.
***Some say you should live each day like it was your last... but who wants to live each day in wild panic and extreme death anxiety?

The universe, look at the hugeness of it... it is a dizzying thought that little ol' me is the centre of it all!***
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by PTRACER »

Tommy Rustad? Haven't seen (or heard) of his racing exploits since he drove a privately-entered Renault Laguna in the BTCC ten whole years ago.

Cheeveer
Favourite Racing Car: Panoz GTR1
Favourite Driver: Alex Zanardi
Favourite Circuit: Bathurst

Post by Cheeveer »

PTRACER wrote:Tommy Rustad? Haven't seen (or heard) of his racing exploits since he drove a privately-entered Renault Laguna in the BTCC ten whole years ago.
In 1999 he led STCC coming to the final round with Nissan. Was involved in a huge startline wreck and lost the championship (to Mattias Ekström, Fredrik Ekblom was 2nd).
In 2000 he won STCC, having beaten Ekblom to the title.
In 2001 and 2002 he ran ETCC for Nissan.
2003-2005 he drove an ex-BTCC Vauxhall in STCC.
In 2006 I think he did some rallycross.
In 2007 he did a comeback in STCC for Opel, winning the wet season finale at Mantorp Park.

He isn't as fast as Robert Dahlgren, but more consistent.
***Some say you should live each day like it was your last... but who wants to live each day in wild panic and extreme death anxiety?

The universe, look at the hugeness of it... it is a dizzying thought that little ol' me is the centre of it all!***
HC

Post by HC »

Tarquini criticises WTCC rules changes

By Jamie O'Leary Thursday, August 21st 2008, 11:25 GMT

Gabriele Tarquini claims that no new manufacturers will be attracted to the World Touring Car Championship unless more consistent rules are applied.

No marques have joined the WTCC since it was revived in 2005 and the former British and European touring car champion says the constant changes made by the FIA's Touring Car Bureau are making the series unattractive.

"If I was a manufacturer, I wouldn't come to WTCC unless I knew the regulations you showed me today would be the same tomorrow," he told this week's Autosport.

"Why would a manufacturer want to enter and spend six months making their car quick? They might as well build a bad car and wait for the waivers to come and help them be fast. It's not a very good situation."

BMW were handed a 15kg weight break earlier this season, while Chevrolet, Honda, and the petrol-powered SEATs have all been given breaks between races this year.

"After every race there's a new waiver that comes in and helps one type of car," Tarquini added. "I don't think it's necessary because we're good at some tracks and not so good at others and so is everyone else.

"I think it's ok to change things once in the middle of the season to get more balance, but with the waivers, I think it's too much."

Source: Autosport
I completely agree.
kals
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by kals »

I agree as well, but to be fair Tarquini should quit complaining as these same waivers have helped him and SEAT since they introduced the diesel last year.