kals
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1..BTCC..MotoGP
Favourite Racing Car: Benetton B189
Favourite Circuit: Donington Park

Post by kals »

Bottom post of the previous page:

I agree as well, but to be fair Tarquini should quit complaining as these same waivers have helped him and SEAT since they introduced the diesel last year.
HC

Post by HC »

Duncan Huisman will make his comeback during this weekends meeting at Oschersleben, he will be driving for Wiechers Sport. Duncan is hoping for a good result so that maybe another BMW squad (works) will pick him up for Macau, as he wants to really do that round again.
Cheeveer
Favourite Racing Car: Panoz GTR1
Favourite Driver: Alex Zanardi
Favourite Circuit: Bathurst

Post by Cheeveer »

I'm still a bit pissed about West Coast Racing not renewing his contract for STCC last year. He was fun there when he races here in 2006.
***Some say you should live each day like it was your last... but who wants to live each day in wild panic and extreme death anxiety?

The universe, look at the hugeness of it... it is a dizzying thought that little ol' me is the centre of it all!***
HC

Post by HC »

I really thought Tom could win that second race, still a great result and compared to the SEAT Diesels he was in another timezone.

And tenth for Duncan, good stuff.
kals
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by kals »

I feel really let down by Touring Car racing after this weekend. Tarquini blatantly removes Priaulx from the race, and gets away with it. Ok, he was given a 60 second penalty after the race but he finished 23rd and that nullified the impact of the penalty. He was also allowed to start from his finishing position, ahead of Priaulx!!! That's absurd! He should have been docked points or had a grid penalty for the next meeting. Part 2 of my rant will be in the BTCC thread.
HC

Post by HC »

Apparently the sporting director of Lada was at Oschersleben and had negotions with WTCC after the races. They want to enter 2009 with four cars, two for private drivers and two for factory drivers. The chance that Jaap van Lagen will drive a factory car is pretty big, he will be flying this Sunday to Moscow to talk about a deal. On short term Lada wants to enter a third car at Imola via a private team.

So that would be Volvo and Lada both entering in 2009, plus there's still rumours about a Japanese manufacturer entering. Maybe more about that after the Japanese round.
kals
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by kals »

WTCC desperately needs this to happen in my opinion as it needs to stop the SEAT and BMW domination of the past few seasons. I assume the Japanese manufacturer will simply be a works blessed Honda campaign with N-Technology. Jaap Van Lagen I think has done some impressive things in that Lada so far this year and it would be interesting to see what he could do with a few improvements to the car.
HC

Post by HC »

Congratulations to Thommo for getting onto the podium, tough race for him. At the start he got pushed out by a bunch of BMW´s. At one time he got driven into the grass and simply decided to stay there and pass the BMW that way. Then Menu tried the same and the Lacetti got spun out. I would rather penalize Alain for blocking than do something to James. There was a potential win for the Honda but he was hindered too much, maybe in race two.

Hopefully he can repeat this at Japan. :cool:
HC

Post by HC »

Great win by Thompson last weekend!

In other news, while IFM flirts with F1, WTCC gets a new support series: 500 Abarth Challenge. The car will be the 500 Abarth Assetto Corse with a 200PK 1.4 Liter Turbo Engine. There will be an Italian Trophy (which will run together with the Ferrari Challenge) and an International Thropy which will accompany WTCC to Valencia, Porto, Brands Hatch, Brno, Oschersleben and Monza. At the end of the year there will be a big European final. Its a real throwback so I hope to see 40/50 grids like back in the 70's and 80's. Its a real cheap series so who knows.

HC

Post by HC »

Huge flip in the first IFM race. One car tried to overtake going into the second chicane and got pushed into the grass. He couldn´t slow down and piled into the rest of the field. Apparently it was Filip Salaquarda, flying over about three cars, lucky man.
HC

Post by HC »

Horrible driving standards today. They are wrecking on the straights, several drivers did cut the chicane and did not give the posiiton back nor back down and there´s been loads of blocking. The race director should tell them that if they continue like this then there won´t be a race tomorrow. And don´t forget that these guys are supposed to move up to GP2 or F1.
OSNOF
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by OSNOF »

'And how would you like to die, sir?'

The retards made about 3 corners on the restart before another massive shunt. There'll be no race tomorrow not because of the driving standards but because there aren't any cars left.
HC

Post by HC »

Third safety car is out. This is the worst race I´ve ever seen. Leimer first did a brake test on the rest of the field before they got underway again. Then the guys up front decided to wreck at Curva Biassono, its a straight for godsake. One car got pushed off at full speed and was close to going over the barrier. The drivers were wheel banging all the way. Commentator, I think its Haven, is also saying that they should just red flag it before someone gets killed.
HC

Post by HC »

As posted on page 5.

Winner of the championship gets a test with the Honda F1 team.

Runner up of the championship will get a GP2 test with Trident Racing.

The third driver in the championship will get behind the wheel of a Honda Accord Euro R Super 2000 WTCC at N.Technology.

The rookie of the year will test an Indy Pro Series car at Cheever Racing.

The best two teammates will do a Grand Am test with Cheever Racing.

Get Chris into that Honda. Great drive all year long for the semi-Dutch driver. Shame that Leimer won today, that brake test was really dirty.
OSNOF
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by OSNOF »

Thankfully, the final restart is clean and Leimer comes through to win the race. VDD wins the title. But everyone wins because they're still in one piece.
kals
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by kals »

Another Seat one - two - three at Monza. All teams playing the team game. Tarquini giving up the lead to Muller to assist Yvan in the Championship (as confirmed he would by his race engineer prior to the race). Farfus let Priaulx through early in the race and Larini backed off at the end to allow Huff an extra point. I can't see anyone beating Yvan this year now. It's such a disappointment that the Seats are allowed so much of an advantage. Seat do not have the best car, as proved by the petrol version in the last few years.