WTCC, BTCC, DTM and Aussie V8s
Cheeveer
Favourite Racing Car: Panoz GTR1
Favourite Driver: Alex Zanardi
Favourite Circuit: Bathurst

Post by Cheeveer »

Bottom post of the previous page:

The top 10 shootout was exciting!
***Some say you should live each day like it was your last... but who wants to live each day in wild panic and extreme death anxiety?

The universe, look at the hugeness of it... it is a dizzying thought that little ol' me is the centre of it all!***
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 49
Favourite Driver: Gilles Villeneuve, James Hunt
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X JDM

Post by PTRACER »

The Waltrip video was brilliant Everso :haha: Clearly a 1980s NASCAR is absolutely pissed over by a V8 Falcon.
Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

King of the Race Track, Destroyer of Tyres, Breaker of Lap Records
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Kimi,Niki,Jim(none called Michael)
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: Audi SQ5 3.0L V6 TwinTurbo
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Post by Everso Biggyballies »

Tell me about it. I dont like Whincup but to get that close to pole with the wipers needed was pretty impressive. 2 ten thousandths of a second splitting the front row. Van Giz was impressive too. The problem is that from lower on the grid than Whincup Lowndes is already looking at being the losing Vodafone / T888 car come the first pit stop and the leading cars from each team take the unimpeded pit stop, with them not being stacked. I am just hoping that Lowndes has his car in good race trim.

It would be good for CL to take the final Ford v Holden Bathurst, as this year is..... with next year the move to technology, finally giving the pushrods a break.

Also of course with the introduction for 2013 of Stone Bros Mercedes and Nissan to V8 SuperCars, not to mention the standardisation of pretty much the rest of the car with only the silhouette representative of the brand and all else pretty well spec parts, this years race is the end of an era, the only ATCCC era to ever cater just for the local Holden and Ford cars. It does not seem like basically twenty years since they gave Group A the flick and subjected us to Taxi races.

Much as I like a bit of precipitation at Bathurst to keep the excitement level up, I am hoping for a dry one tomorrow, and then the 1000 klms should be finished before the 5.00pm my time Suzuka F1 start. Then I wont have to make the choice.

The Championship needs a Whincup DNF to make it really exciting!

Go Lowndsey Go get win #6. :cool: :wink:

I dont like Ingall a huge deal but his other driver is Christian Klien who has taken to V8 SC better than most. Also did well in the NZ V8 Supercars Enduros last month. CK is the first Austrian to drive at Bathurst since Roland Ratzengerger drove here back in his Touring Car / Pre F1 days.
PTRACER wrote:The Waltrip video was brilliant Everso :haha: Clearly a 1980s NASCAR is absolutely pissed over by a V8 Falcon.
Hehehe... loved his line where he screamed he was about to lose his lunch..... even though he had not had any to lose.

I think even an F-Ford or Historic Touring Car (Muscle Car Masters) would show an 80's NASCAR a pretty clean set of heels around Mt Panorama. :whistling:

The track has more reverse camber turns than it does banked sweepers! :tongue:

* I started life with nothing, and still have most of it left

“Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows!” (Walter Röhrl)

* I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always
Ian-S
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by Ian-S »

Waltrip was the same when Smoke took him round Eldora in the dirt late model earlier this year.

He's a showman, combine that with the infectious "not in control hysteria" most ex-drivers suffer and you have perfect trash-tv.
I am very sorry if you find my posts long and boring, I like to type and often go off on a tangent.
If this is the case, you may click here to solve the problem, or alternatively here too.
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Ian-S wrote: He's a showman, combine that with the infectious "not in control hysteria" most ex-drivers suffer and you have perfect trash-tv.
You mean like a man whose testicles were on fire.....
Thinks.......
Murray Walker made a career out of being exactly like that in his role as a 'highly serious', enthusiastic and passionate multi station, worldwide commentator of F1 for many decades, speaking exactly as you / we describe, to several hundred million English speaking F1 fans every couple of weeks in season, making Murray one of the most widely loved and known media personalities of all genres. :wink:

In fact every country has one I guess. We have Darrell Eastlake, used to do F1 with Alan Jones in Channel 9 days.....

Actually I just realised
combine infectious " not in control hysteria"........ and you have perfect trash-tv.
That last bit paints a picture in my mind of something..... Oh yeah ....NASCAR. :tongue:
Last edited by Everso Biggyballies 11 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

Ian-S
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by Ian-S »

showgirl then ;)
I am very sorry if you find my posts long and boring, I like to type and often go off on a tangent.
If this is the case, you may click here to solve the problem, or alternatively here too.
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 49
Favourite Driver: Gilles Villeneuve, James Hunt
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X JDM

Post by PTRACER »

Everso Biggyballies wrote:
theracer120 wrote:There was also a big crash in Formula Ford qualifying and one of the drivers' has a compound fracture of an arm and broken ankle, I believe.
That was real scary and looked like it was a bit like when Mark Porter tied in a touring car race. It was a huge hit and to be honest I think the driver was lucky enough to get away with the couple of broken bones. I have seen many a lesser accident resulting in far worse injuries in other F-Ford crashes.

In fact here is the video of it as shown on the news. The second angle of the FFcrash looks worse.

Clip also shows the V8 Dunlop series (feeder) crash

I dunno, by modern standards, the accident and the impact weren't "huge", but I guess FFords are much more compact and have less room for crumple zones like bigger cars.
Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

King of the Race Track, Destroyer of Tyres, Breaker of Lap Records
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

PTRACER wrote: I dunno, by modern standards, the accident and the impact weren't "huge", but I guess FFords are much more compact and have less room for crumple zones like bigger cars.
Yeah and given the speed they are doing there....
I thought it was a fair impact, not so much the first angle where it looks like a glance, but the second angle at the end is (I thought anywaay) quite dramatic when you see how many rotations the stopped car does after being hit.

theracer120
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by theracer120 »

Race has started. Davison has bolted. Already some tyre dramas, Lowndes was one of the cars affected. Fiore is in serious strife, he has a broken upright.
theracer120
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by theracer120 »

Winterbottom has a puncture. Johnny Reid in #91 has stopped so safety car is out for the first time.
Sam
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Sam »

The tyres could be the story of the day if the wear continues to be as bad as it was over the first stint...
theracer120
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by theracer120 »

You don't say. Could actually end up determining the race. We've already seen a few highly rated cars in trouble.
theracer120
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by theracer120 »

Whincup with an unscheduled stop for tyre dramas as well!
theracer120
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by theracer120 »

Unbelievable. Davison/McIntyre have had to come in with tyre problems as well. I've never seen anything like this at Bathurst.
theracer120
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by theracer120 »

The problem for the Patrizi/Reid #91 car was a driveline issue. They are in the garage and won't be returning.
theracer120
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by theracer120 »

Percat/Tander are in huge trouble. Percat hit the wall at the Dipper. They are probably through. Well, at least, they're out of contention. So that's it for last year's winners. The drama just keeps on coming!