Forum Administrator
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 49
Favourite Driver: Gilles Villeneuve, James Hunt
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X JDM

Post by PTRACER »

Bottom post of the previous page:

What position was Villeneuve in before the incident? 3rd place. Not bad for a first ever race in the category. I don't LOVE him, but I think people are being overly critical.
Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

King of the Race Track, Destroyer of Tyres, Breaker of Lap Records
erwin greven
Staff
Staff
Favourite Motorsport: Endurance Racing
Favourite Racing Car: Lancia Delta 038 S4 Group B
Favourite Driver: Ronnie Peterson
Favourite Circuit: Nuerburgring Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Peugeot 206 SW Air-Line 3 2007

Post by erwin greven »

They are. You like or dislike him, but he is always very competitive in any class he races.
Brian Redman: "Mr. Fangio, how do you come so fast?" "More throttle, less brakes...."
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Kimi,Niki,Jim(none called Michael)
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: Audi SQ5 3.0L V6 TwinTurbo
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Post by Everso Biggyballies »

PTRACER wrote:What position was Villeneuve in before the incident? 3rd place. Not bad for a first ever race in the category. I don't LOVE him, but I think people are being overly critical.
He was in third solely because that is where his teamate qualified the car. JV's first incident was within 500metres of the start, and prior to the first corner. He played dodgems 4 corners later. :wink:

* I started life with nothing, and still have most of it left

“Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows!” (Walter Röhrl)

* I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always
Hamster
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Hamster »

He got turned around on the first lap at a tight hairpin on a street circuit with the majority of the field behind him. Regardless of whether he kept his foot in it or not there was going to be damage.

Personally I've got a 'couldn't care less' attitude to Ford failing themselves (again), would give a greater incentive to encourage more manufactures into the category if there was just Holden numbers dominating the class.
kals
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1..BTCC..MotoGP
Favourite Racing Car: Benetton B189
Favourite Circuit: Donington Park

Post by kals »

Well, he won't be back to F1. He's just realised a lot later than everyone else worldwide
Autosport.com wrote:Villeneuve admits F1 hopes now over

By Matt Beer Thursday, October 28th 2010, 21:31 GMT

Jacques Villeneuve has admitted he has given up on trying to get back into Formula 1 following the FIA's decision not to give his proposed team an entry for 2011.

The 1997 world champion had been pushing hard for a return to the F1 grid in recent years, and was lined up for a seat with the Stefan team had it been given an entry this year.

He then attempted to put together his own team in association with Italian former GP2 outfit Durango, but the FIA decided that none of the 2011 aspirants - including the Villeneuve project - met its criteria and that the grid would therefore stay at 24 cars.

Villeneuve does not think his proposed team could be revived for a future F1 bid having missed out this year, and has therefore called time on his attempts to get back into F1.

"It looks quite dim right now," Villeneuve told BBC Radio Five Live of his F1 hopes.

"We worked hard on it this year, to come back and build a team. That was the easiest way.

"But then it didn't work out, so I think it's time to not bother looking at F1 anymore.

"We had the budget to build a team and you can only hang on to that for a certain time, and then people get bored and move on to something else. It was a lot of work and we concentrated only on that.

"All the other stuff we're doing took to the backburner, like NASCAR. I think it's time to just focus on one thing."

The 38-year-old Canadian, who won 11 races for Williams in the first two years of his F1 career before having less successful stints with BAR and Sauber/BMW, has not raced in the world championship since losing his BMW seat to Robert Kubica in mid-2006.

Although he contested the V8 Supercar event in Surfers Paradise last weekend, Villeneuve said his priority was now to build a career in NASCAR, where he has competed occasionally since 2007.

"I've been working mainly on NASCAR, doing a few races, and it's been fun. Mostly on the road courses. They're fun cars," he said.

"Last week I was in Australia doing a V8 race and that was interesting, but right now my focus is on NASCAR."
DoubleFault
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by DoubleFault »

Jacques V8 Wrecker Villeneuve wrote: "It looks quite dim right now," Villeneuve told BBC Radio Five Live of his F1 hopes.

"We worked hard on it this year, to come back and build a team. That was the easiest way.

The easiest way to get into F1 was YOUR OWN TEAM? Is that how little the teams rate you now??

£150m for a team, £15m to drive a Renault.