[NSC/NNS/CTS] 2008 Season

All NASCAR Cup and general stock car discussion, including the Xfinity, ARCA and any feeder series.
DoubleFault
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by DoubleFault »

Bottom post of the previous page:

Any youtube video of the accident?
JR90
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by JR90 »

Edwin! wrote:Any youtube video of the accident?
No, none that I am aware of.

Someone did post videos from the race:

http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?u ... lionfan888
Dan
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Dan »

Man... I kind of thought that was a lame finish. Glad KB won, but I was really hoping that it could have been a full final lap. Was really hoping JJ would've pulled through with a better finish rather than getting caught up in that wreck.
Ian-S
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by Ian-S »

I was rooting for JJ as well.
Was one of thoses races that just about kept my interest, must have been better than the Nationwide cos that put me to sleep.
I am very sorry if you find my posts long and boring, I like to type and often go off on a tangent.
If this is the case, you may click here to solve the problem, or alternatively here too.
Cheeveer
Favourite Racing Car: Panoz GTR1
Favourite Driver: Alex Zanardi
Favourite Circuit: Bathurst

Post by Cheeveer »

Kyle Busch makes me sick.
***Some say you should live each day like it was your last... but who wants to live each day in wild panic and extreme death anxiety?

The universe, look at the hugeness of it... it is a dizzying thought that little ol' me is the centre of it all!***
ellis
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ellis »

With 71 employees already in the unemployment line, Chip Ganassi Racing is looking to cut another 30 jobs from its stock-car operations, several current employees said Saturday. The team shut down the #40 Dodge earlier this week after it wasn't able to find a sponsor for driver Dario Franchitti. With that came layoffs, some of them surprising. Several team sources confirmed that department heads often weren't included in the decision-making process. Some employees who were laid off had been with SABCO Racing long before Ganassi bought the team from Felix Sabates in 2001. While the #40 Dodge was missing from Saturday night's Coke Zero 400 at Daytona International Speedway, most of that team still had a job. The cuts last week affected the #41 and #42 teams more than the 40. Most of the mechanics from Reed Sorenson's and Juan Pablo Montoya's team received their pink slips, replaced by members of the defunct team. Franchitti, the reigning IndyCar Series champion, has struggled to make the transition to stock cars. Ganassi has offered him a ride in the Nationwide Series for the rest of the season, but the Scot has yet to make a decision. Those left behind now are bracing for more cuts. Many of those who lost their jobs last week apparently didn't take the news well. In fact, the team had 12 police officers on hand to keep order
things not going well for Ganassi.
TheRacingLine.net
RacingLineDevelopments.com
Race2Play.com
DaleJuniorFan
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1, Indycar

Post by DaleJuniorFan »

Silly Season is really picking up steam:
Teresa Earnhardt Looking to sell DEI? Sirius NASCAR Radio's Sirius Speedway is reporting today that Teresa Earnhardt has enlisted the services of Bear, Stearns and Company to find a buyer -- or at least a major financial investor -- for Dale Earnhardt, Inc. Bear Stearns is an investment bank, securities trading and brokerage firm based in New York City, and has been charged with finding a buyer for the entire operation. Barring that, Earnhardt is said to be interested in selling at least a minority interest in the team. DEI President of Global Operations Max Siegel declined to comment on the story when contacted earlier today.(Sirius NASCAR Radio's Sirius Speedway)(7-7-08 )
UPDATE: Max Siegel, President of Global Operations at DEI is currently in negotiations with major investors to buy Teresa Earnhardt out of DEI, a source close to the negotiations said Monday. It appears now that Teresa is finally willing to sell, and Siegel is working diligently with a number of potential investors to take the company over. Sources said Siegel would not just be buying a portion of DEI or a controlling interest, rather, he would be buying the entire company. Sources said, Teresa has agreed to walk away from the company entirely for the right price. That price is supposedly somewhere between $115-$130 million dollars. With one exception...Teresa would retain the rights to all "Dale Earnhardt' and 'Intimidator' rights and merchandise sales. Siegel would only be buying the DEI race teams, and real estate including all race shops and the DEI headquarters in Mooresville, NC. Sources said Siegel is very serious about the purchase and appears to have investors salivating over the opportunity to own the legendary team. In addition, Teresa has grown more frustrated with NASCAR nation following her fall-out with the sports most popular driver, and wants nothing more than to be out of the public eye for good.
UPS to #07? hearing UPS could move #07-Clint Bowyer of Richard Childress Racing, if os, no word where Jack Daniel's sposnorship would go, or if they would leave the sport.(7-1-2008)
UPDATE: Among the hot but unconfirmed rumors making the rounds in the Sprint Cup garage this week are that Richard Childress Racing will land UPS as a sponsor for Clint Bowyer’s #07 Chevrolet. Multiple sources indicated that Bowyer’s car was the favorite to take the sponsorship over from Michael Waltrip Racing and David Reutimann. One source close to the negotiations said RCR initially offered UPS #31-Jeff Burton, 41, but the delivery company wanted a younger driver with whom it could create a long-term identity and Bowyer is just 29. Burton, instead, will be sponsored next year by Caterpillar.(SPEEDtv)(7-6-2008)
UPDATE 2: Sirius Speedway has learned that UPS will move from Michael Waltrip Racing’s #44 Toyota to the quarterpanels of Clint Bowyer’s #07 Richard Childress Racing Chevrolet in 2009, leaving Jack Daniels in search of a new driver. That driver will be Ryan Newman, who is set to sign-on with Stewart at Haas CNC.(Sirius NASCAR Radio's Sirius Speedway)(7-7-2008)
Mears or Stremme to the #12? It appears to be a two-man race for Ryan Newman’s soon-to-be-vacant [#12] seat at Penske Racing, with Casey Mears and David Stremme in the running. Stremme is making a strong bid for the ride, doing yeoman work as Penske Racing’s test driver this season. In fact, Stremme’s name is being linked with as many as three different Cup openings next year.(Sirius NASCAR Radio's Sirius Speedway)(7-7-2008)
Villeneuve could run for Robby: #7-Robby Gordon is in talks with Jacques Villeneuve and Barry Green, for Villeneuve to run for Robby Gordon Motorsports in the Nationwide Montreal race on August 2nd and possibly a Sprint Cup ride in 2009. "I will send a car Nationwide Series in Montreal, no matter what happens," said Gordon. Much of the Nationwide deal and Cup ride deal depends if Villeneuve and Green can bring a sponsor along with the deal.(rough tranlation from Le Journal de Montreal/Canoe Sports)(7-7-2008)
Dan
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Dan »

Some very interesting notes there. I'm interested to see how that DEI one shakes out- that team seems very vulnerable to go downhill fast at the moment (especially if Truex flees the coup).
Lunatic Armchair
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Location: St Alfonzo's Pancake breakfast,where I stole the marjerene

Post by Lunatic Armchair »

UPDATE 2: Sirius Speedway has learned that UPS will move from Michael Waltrip Racing’s #44 Toyota to the quarterpanels of Clint Bowyer’s #07 Richard Childress Racing Chevrolet in 2009, leaving Jack Daniels in search of a new driver. That driver will be Ryan Newman, who is set to sign-on with Stewart at Haas CNC.(Sirius NASCAR Radio's Sirius Speedway)(7-7-2008)
Do you think they'll change the number? The only reason they Chose 07 was because of the Product tie-in right?
Matt wrote:The 1981 Monaco and Spanish Grands Prix had a surprising winner, merely due to the fact that they're the only races in history to have been won by a World War 2 tank disguised as a Formula One car.
ww1ace
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by ww1ace »

The end of that race sucked for me, since Jeff Gordon is my favorite. And I'm sick of Kyle Busch winning. NASCAR is starting to turn into F1, where if you have the right team, you have a perfect chance to win. No more driver talent involved in it anymore, it's only about money.
Barre
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Barre »

Wow first she doesn't want Jr. to have a bigger stake in the company and now she wants to sell :wow: what a cunt, Dale Sr. must have really rolled over in his grave by now.
"We're here for a good time – not for a long time. So you better make the most of it." Colin McRae
erwin greven
Staff
Staff
Favourite Motorsport: Endurance Racing
Favourite Racing Car: Lancia Delta 038 S4 Group B
Favourite Driver: Ronnie Peterson
Favourite Circuit: Nuerburgring Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Peugeot 206 SW Air-Line 3 2007

Post by erwin greven »

ww1ace wrote:The end of that race sucked for me, since Jeff Gordon is my favorite. And I'm sick of Kyle Busch winning. NASCAR is starting to turn into F1, where if you have the right team, you have a perfect chance to win. No more driver talent involved in it anymore, it's only about money.
Kyle is a very fast driver and forget not this: His team is outstanding. His pitsstops almost never fail. He wins places sometimes while pitting.. Almost F1...
He is also not my type of guy, but i have to admit that he is a formidable driver.
Brian Redman: "Mr. Fangio, how do you come so fast?" "More throttle, less brakes...."
Lunatic Armchair
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Location: St Alfonzo's Pancake breakfast,where I stole the marjerene

Post by Lunatic Armchair »

The reason Kyle is winning is not because of the car per-say but because the best Talent is in the best car. (as much as it pains me to say that)

oh and

A couple of my pictures from the Milwaukee race got accepted by Jayski!

http://jayski.com/schemes/2008/nationwi ... onwide.htm

http://jayski.com/schemes/2008/nationwi ... onwide.htm

:D
Last edited by Lunatic Armchair 15 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Matt wrote:The 1981 Monaco and Spanish Grands Prix had a surprising winner, merely due to the fact that they're the only races in history to have been won by a World War 2 tank disguised as a Formula One car.
DaleJuniorFan
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by DaleJuniorFan »

Jayski.com wrote:#20-Tony Stewart has been granted a release from the final year of his driving contract with Joe Gibbs Racing after ten seasons with the team, sources close to Stewart confirmed for ESPN.com Tuesday night. Stewart will formally announce his departure from the team Wednesday. On Thursday at Chicagoland Speedway, Stewart will formally announce a move to Haas/CNC Racing as co-owner and driver, sources close to Stewart said. Haas/CNC, which currently fields the #66 and #70 Chevrolets, will be renamed Stewart Haas Racing in 2009. Sources close to both sides told ESPN.com the deal will make Stewart the highest-paid driver in NASCAR. Sources also said the Stewart Haas cars will carry different numbers. The #14, made famous in IndyCar racing by Stewart's hero, A.J. Foyt, is available, but sources would neither confirm nor deny that as his choice. Sources said Stewart will own a 50% stake in the organization, but his financial investment in attaining it was not disclosed. As ESPN.com's David Newton initially reported, Office Depot will have a role in sponsoring Stewart's car. Ryan Newman remains the lead candidate to drive Stewart Haas' second car, sources said, though no deal had yet been finalized Tuesday night. Stewart Haas will continue to receive chassis and engines from Hendrick Motorsports. Haas/CNC's current drivers, Scott Riggs and Johnny Sauter, are ranked 36th and 44th, respectively, in the owner point standings. If the team's performance fails to improve its points position during the second half of 2008, Stewart's champion's provisional will guarantee him a slot in the field for the first five races next season, presuming NASCAR doesn't change the rule.(ESPN.com)(7-9-2008)
Ian-S
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by Ian-S »

So have they said what did happen to Smoke at Tona?
All they said in the broadcast was he was being treated for flu like symptons (I know how that feels) but we get jack shit in the way of nascar coverage during the week over here so I was wondering what the outcome of it all was? or did he have Toyo-fever?
I am very sorry if you find my posts long and boring, I like to type and often go off on a tangent.
If this is the case, you may click here to solve the problem, or alternatively here too.
DaleJuniorFan
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by DaleJuniorFan »

Lunatic Armchair wrote:
Do you think they'll change the number? The only reason they Chose 07 was because of the Product tie-in right?
Correct. If Jack Daniels does leave, they'll probably go back the #30 they ran a few years back. And if they move to Stewart-Haas Racing, Jack could likely bring the #07 with them.