[NSC/NNS/CTS] 2008 Season

All NASCAR Cup and general stock car discussion, including the Xfinity, ARCA and any feeder series.
Lunatic Armchair
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Location: St Alfonzo's Pancake breakfast,where I stole the marjerene

Post by Lunatic Armchair »

Bottom post of the previous page:

Jeez we're almost near 100 pages. :dunno:
Matt wrote:The 1981 Monaco and Spanish Grands Prix had a surprising winner, merely due to the fact that they're the only races in history to have been won by a World War 2 tank disguised as a Formula One car.
Cynon
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Cynon »

The red numbers look really weird on that car.

The orange scribbling appears to resemble Caterpillar treads... white numbers with a red stroke > red numbers with white...

Edit: First post on P.100. ^o^
Image videos, a racing league that exists only on the internet with the fiercest competition around.
2008 TM Master Cup Champ: #27 - Alexis Rainsford
JR90
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by JR90 »

Hotdogger wrote:
UPDATE: Dario Franchitti has replaced Bryan Clauson on the Chicago entry list.(7-8-2008)
Thanks Chip for messing up Clauson's promising career. :roll:
What promising career?

Clauson had a great race at Kentucky and won in ARCA at Gateway, but he hasn't impressed me that much. We all know that Ganassi is off this season. That still doesn't account for all the wrecked cars that he has created.
SBan83

Post by SBan83 »

JR90 wrote:
Hotdogger wrote:
UPDATE: Dario Franchitti has replaced Bryan Clauson on the Chicago entry list.(7-8-2008)
Thanks Chip for messing up Clauson's promising career. :roll:
What promising career?

Clauson had a great race at Kentucky and won in ARCA at Gateway, but he hasn't impressed me that much. We all know that Ganassi is off this season. That still doesn't account for all the wrecked cars that he has created.
He's run real good in almost all of the races he ran and most of those wrecks were not of his doing. He's only wrecked one time on his own as far as I can recall this year.
JR90
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by JR90 »

Hotdogger wrote:He's only wrecked one time on his own as far as I can recall this year.
Clauson has wrecked more than that. Some of the times that I can remember:

Bristol - twice
Dover - once or twice?
Lowe's - once

He has had some bad luck, but he usually is running incredibly average when it hits him. Clauson might be decent. He just isn't a star like everyone thinks.
Cynon
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Cynon »

JR90 wrote:He has had some bad luck, but he usually is running incredibly average when it hits him. Clauson might be decent. He just isn't a star like everyone thinks.
Still better than Franchitti. :roll:
Image videos, a racing league that exists only on the internet with the fiercest competition around.
JR90
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by JR90 »

Cynon wrote:Still better than Franchitti. :roll:
Not in the Nationwide series.

Franchitti has five finishes in the top 15 this year. Clauson has two. Not to mention fewer crashed cars.

He really was a disaster in Cup though. More seat time in Nationwide might be what he needs.
ellis
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ellis »

Understandably, Dario Franchitti has not been in the best mood. He is a little more than a week removed from being informed by team owner Chip Ganassi that his Sprint Cup team, with no sponsorship, would be shut down. "It was a big shock that it happened," Franchitti said Thursday. "Myself and 70 people lost their jobs in Concord. A lot of people are upset right now, but I understand if there's no money, there's no money. Franchitti is racing again for Ganassi this weekend -- in the Nationwide series. The two men are expected to meet Friday to discuss Franchitti's future with the team. Meanwhile, Franchitti said his phone has been ringing, and he has been hearing about options from a number of "different places." "Tomorrow is quite a big day with this meeting with Chip," Franchitti said. "We're starting to look around, starting to talk, [but] nothing is going to happen until I talk to Chip and see what his plan is for the future and see if it's something I'm interested in. I certainly owe Chip that much." Franchitti also believes that if possible, he owes it to himself to remain in the Sprint Cup series.(ESPN.com)(7-11-2008) Comment here
So it is clear that the Nationwide Series driver isn't Franchittis for the rest of the year just yet. I still think he should be doing Nationwide first. I don't think his Sprint Cup runs were as bad as they seemed, given how poor Ganassi (outside the 42 car) have been, but they still weren't good enough.
TheRacingLine.net
RacingLineDevelopments.com
Race2Play.com
DaleJuniorFan
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1, Indycar

Post by DaleJuniorFan »

Speaking of Ganassi, Juan Pablo Montoya sang "Take Me Out To the Ball Game" at a Chicago Cubs game on Wednesday. Whether he sounded good, I'll let you be the judge:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=8NxDDPjYajY

(sorry for crap video and sound)
ellis
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ellis »

This NASCAR TNT Coverage of Chicago is a disgrace. Currently Larry is doing magic tricks (sawing someone in half). We're under GREEN FLAG! Show me the racing! I pay for this to be on my TV for christ sake.
TheRacingLine.net
Race2Play.com
ellis
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ellis »

Enjoyable race. Meh result, but good race.
TheRacingLine.net
Race2Play.com
Ian-S
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by Ian-S »

I only really saw the first and last 10 laps thanks to Virgin.
followed it on Sopcast during Virgin's break, funny how they kept the broadband running but cocked something up TV side.
I am very sorry if you find my posts long and boring, I like to type and often go off on a tangent.
If this is the case, you may click here to solve the problem, or alternatively here too.
Cynon
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Cynon »

I think the fans are just tired of Kyle Busch winning race after race. He'll probably run away with the Chase, too.
DaleJuniorFan
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1, Indycar

Post by DaleJuniorFan »

No suprise here, Ryan Newman will officially be leaving Penske:
Newman and Penske to part ways at end of season: Penske Racing and Ryan Newman have mutually agreed to move in new directions at the conclusion of the 2008 season. "We want to thank Ryan for his hard work and contributions to Penske Racing over the past nine years," said team owner Roger Penske. "We wish Ryan all the best for the future and we'll continue to focus our efforts on making the Chase with Ryan and the Alltel Dodge team this season." The driver of the Penske Racing #12 Alltel car for the 2009 NASCAR Cup season will be announced in the near future.(Penske Racing PR)(7-14-2008)
Lunatic Armchair
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Location: St Alfonzo's Pancake breakfast,where I stole the marjerene

Post by Lunatic Armchair »

Pssssst........Shouldn't we be starting new topic <_< >_>
Matt wrote:The 1981 Monaco and Spanish Grands Prix had a surprising winner, merely due to the fact that they're the only races in history to have been won by a World War 2 tank disguised as a Formula One car.