NASCAR on a track where JPM might do good

All NASCAR Cup and general stock car discussion, including the Xfinity, ARCA and any feeder series.
Cheeveer
Favourite Racing Car: Panoz GTR1
Favourite Driver: Alex Zanardi
Favourite Circuit: Bathurst

NASCAR on a track where JPM might do good

Post by Cheeveer »

The road course at Sears Point, or Infineon Raceway as Nascar forces you to call.

Other noteable 'road-ringer's could be Marcos Ambrose, AJ Allmendinger, Robby Gordon, Boris Said and Ron Fellows. Usually Scott Pruett is in one Ganassi car unless he is still pissed bout Mexico.

I think JPM vs Jeff Gordon vs Tony Stewart on Sunday. One of the few Nascar races I look forward too.
***Some say you should live each day like it was your last... but who wants to live each day in wild panic and extreme death anxiety?

The universe, look at the hugeness of it... it is a dizzying thought that little ol' me is the centre of it all!***
Warren
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by Warren »

NASCAR is an acronym, so all letters must be capitalized. NASCAR doesn't force anyone to call Sears Point, Infineon Raceway. Blame the Germans for that. As far as tracks that are "suitable" for JPM goes, sure, road courses would be the popular choice, but I believe he can win anywhere.
What if?
StrtRacrZ
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by StrtRacrZ »

I'll give him a year before he does well in Nextel Cup. IMO, he should have started out in Busch to build a little confidence, but he did have some top-20's at the "cookie-cutters"

If he doesn't sit on the pole, or top 5 qualifying at the Glen, I'll be surprised. The roadies are the only drivers' tracks (Darlington, Bristol...real tracks :p) he'll probably find success in '07.
strad
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member
Car(s) Currently Owned: 2004 Mustang SVT Cobra + Colorado

Post by strad »

but I believe he can win anywhere.
I too believe Juan CAN win,,,but he won't..Not as long as he's mired in a second tier team.
Lunatic Armchair
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Location: St Alfonzo's Pancake breakfast,where I stole the marjerene

Post by Lunatic Armchair »

strad wrote:
I too believe Juan CAN win,,,but he won't..Not as long as he's mired in a second tier team.
Everyone but Hendrick is a second teir team. :tongue:
Matt wrote:The 1981 Monaco and Spanish Grands Prix had a surprising winner, merely due to the fact that they're the only races in history to have been won by a World War 2 tank disguised as a Formula One car.
Warren
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by Warren »

Lunatic Armchair wrote:
strad wrote:
Correction. Anyone who doesn't drive a Chevy is on a second tier team. Well, until yesterday.
What if?
StrtRacrZ
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by StrtRacrZ »

Lunatic Armchair wrote:
strad wrote:
:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: Dead on!!!
Cheeveer

Post by Cheeveer »

Marcos Ambrose won't participate :sorrow:

Entry list: http://www.jayski.com/stats/2007/entrie ... -entry.htm
***Some say you should live each day like it was your last... but who wants to live each day in wild panic and extreme death anxiety?

The universe, look at the hugeness of it... it is a dizzying thought that little ol' me is the centre of it all!***
Cheeveer

Post by Cheeveer »

Montoya 13th in first practice. Yay Bobby Labonte and Robby Gordon!

http://www.nascar.com/races/cup/2007/16 ... peeds.html

Jeff Gordon and Jimmie Johnson's cars have been found illegal and they won't be allowed to practice and qualify for the race.
Nextel Cup points leader Jeff Gordon and reigning series champion Jimmie Johnson were banned from on-track activities Friday, and their status for Sunday's event at Infineon Raceway was in jeopardy after NASCAR discovered illegal front-end modifcations in initial inspection.

The cars of neither Gordon, the defending race champion, nor Johnson will be allowed to practice or qualify Friday.

NASCAR spokesman Ramsey Poston said both cars "failed the initial inspection ... as a result of body modifications found to be outside NASCAR tolerances. The front fender [of both cars] was modified outside of NASCAR regulations. They did not meet the C2 template inspection."

"When we presented the cars for inspection today [NASCAR] found our fenders were outside their limits in between the templates," said Doug Duchardt, Hendrick Motorsports' vice president of development. "The cars fit the templates. We thought we could work on the points between the templates and it became clear to us [in inspection] that we could not."

According to Poston, Hendrick Motorsports' No. 5 and No. 25 cars, for Kyle Busch and Casey Mears, passed inspections.

Poston added, "both teams have an opportunity to repair and resubmit their cars" for inspection up to the start of practice Saturday. "Assuming they pass inspection, they can practice [Saturday] and start at the rear of the field [Sunday]," he said.

Gordon, as expected, alluded to the birth Wednesday of his daughter Ella as having more of his attention than the setback, when asked his outlook on a track where "no one has ever won from the back."

"Nothing's going to ruin my day or my weekend -- I'm on cloud nine," Gordon said.

"This is devastating news ... and this definitely puts us in box. We'll just have to work our way out of it. I'm looking forward to getting out there [Saturday]. I think pit strategy [on Sunday] will be very important for us."

"It's important to know this is a Car of Tomorrow penalty," Poston said of the short-term severity of the sanction. "The inspection process and NASCAR's response to Car of Tomorrow violations are going to be more severe.

"We're going to keep this car in check. It's important to know all cars in the field are starting out equal and have the ability to win the race."

Poston said both teams' crew chiefs, Steve Letarte on the No. 24 and Chad Knaus on the No. 48, would be allowed to supervise the repairs, and at this point, NASCAR had no plans to immediately confiscate the cars.

Cheeveer

Post by Cheeveer »

He did it! :happy: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

From 32nd to first! That was such an exiting race!

DaleJuniorFan
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1, Indycar

Post by DaleJuniorFan »

HE DID IT! MONTOYA WINS!!! MONTOYA WINS THE RACE!!!

Never though it would happen, but Montoya wins his first Cup race.
Cheeveer

Post by Cheeveer »

DaleJuniorFan wrote:HE DID IT! MONTOYA WINS!!! MONTOYA WINS THE RACE!!!

Never though it would happen, but Montoya wins his first Cup race.
I'm so happy for this! Always been a Monty fan on some level so it's great to see him bounce back after the crap season he's had. :happy:

StrtRacrZ
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by StrtRacrZ »

DaleJuniorFan wrote:Never though it would happen, but Montoya wins his first Cup race.
Me too, thanks TNT (actually more NASCAR but...) for having me miss this :roll:
caneparo
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Racing Car: Ferrari
Favourite Circuit: Monza
Car(s) Currently Owned: Fiat 500X

Post by caneparo »

congrats, but NASCAR is on ovals
I am from Italy, a country known for its history, cars, food, wine, and horny men
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Forged-In ... 565?ref=ts
strad
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member
Car(s) Currently Owned: 2004 Mustang SVT Cobra + Colorado

Post by strad »

I am happy for Juan,,,but he got lucky, his car was a POS that didn't the power or the forward bite to get it done on performance. Hopefully this will change somethings...like how much Felix and Chip are willing to spend on a cup car. :wink: