NASCAR at Talladega *Spoilers*

All NASCAR Cup and general stock car discussion, including the Xfinity, ARCA and any feeder series.
Cheeveer
Favourite Racing Car: Panoz GTR1
Favourite Driver: Alex Zanardi
Favourite Circuit: Bathurst

Post by Cheeveer »

Bottom post of the previous page:

I think I'm going to cry.

Was tuning in for a great finish, and they flag for a yellow for debris with 4 laps to go when someone blew his engine. The on the GWC restart some idiots goes 4 wide and tangles up, and whilst slowing down, McMurray tags Gilliland and Tony Stewart. Of course everything ends in a fucking mess and since that was a GWC, there is no restart and Jeff Gordon wins under caution. What a fucking disgraceful way Gordon goes by Dale Earnhardt's number of wins, on Earnhardt's birthday of all days.
***Some say you should live each day like it was your last... but who wants to live each day in wild panic and extreme death anxiety?

The universe, look at the hugeness of it... it is a dizzying thought that little ol' me is the centre of it all!***
HC

Post by HC »

Why is it a "fucking" disgraceful way? He was leading when the caution came out and the race was over. I understand you maybe frustrated about the finish but it was a legal finish by the rules.

It was a nice race although it had an anti-climax finish but it was nothing unexpected. When was the last time we had a green flag finish here? The only way to solve this is to race back to the green flag. But that's simply to dangerous. Or... make 2 attempts at a GWC.
DaleJuniorFan
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1, Indycar

Post by DaleJuniorFan »

To be honest, the only way this finish was "f*cking disgraceful" is that the stupid redneck Junior fans are throwing beer cans at Gordon for the second straight week. :evil:

There are some days where I feel ashamed to be a Dale Jr fan. :sorrow:
HC

Post by HC »

You can say that alright. It took them Alabama boys a couple of years to finally understand that you need to arrest them drunk fucks.
Cheeveer

Post by Cheeveer »

HC wrote:Why is it a "fucking" disgraceful way? He was leading when the caution came out and the race was over. I understand you maybe frustrated about the finish but it was a legal finish by the rules.

It was a nice race although it had an anti-climax finish but it was nothing unexpected. When was the last time we had a green flag finish here? The only way to solve this is to race back to the green flag. But that's simply to dangerous. Or... make 2 attempts at a GWC.
There were no yellow until the finish line at Daytona.
***Some say you should live each day like it was your last... but who wants to live each day in wild panic and extreme death anxiety?

The universe, look at the hugeness of it... it is a dizzying thought that little ol' me is the centre of it all!***
Lasek99

Post by Lasek99 »

The problem was that there were two separate wrecks people had to drive through. There would've been about 7 more if they did race back. Johnny Sauter ruined it for everyone :(.
Lunatic Armchair
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Location: St Alfonzo's Pancake breakfast,where I stole the marjerene

Post by Lunatic Armchair »

Lasek99 wrote:The problem was that there were two separate wrecks people had to drive through. There would've been about 7 more if they did race back. Johnny Sauter ruined it for everyone :(.
This time it was actually not Sauters fault :tongue:
Matt wrote:The 1981 Monaco and Spanish Grands Prix had a surprising winner, merely due to the fact that they're the only races in history to have been won by a World War 2 tank disguised as a Formula One car.
StrtRacrZ
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by StrtRacrZ »

I just like how Mike Joy said something close to "And a caution waves as Jeff Gordon takes the lead"

NASCAR knows cautions breed cautions. The caution I described above looked to be a piece of rubber...just causes overheating.

I dunno if the race would have been better if they'd let the debris fly, but it was a decent race until the end.
DoubleFault
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by DoubleFault »

Lunatic Armchair wrote:This time it was actually not Sauters fault :tongue:
Jimmie Johnson did it! :wink:

I dont think any race should be allowed to finish behind a safety car or on yellow flag. It takes away the finish of the race. I remember Hakkinen winning behind the safety car at Canada - didnt seem to have any point, they should have given them an extra lap. :evil:
Cheeveer

Post by Cheeveer »

DoubleFault wrote:
Lunatic Armchair wrote:This time it was actually not Sauters fault :tongue:
Jimmie Johnson did it! :wink:

I dont think any race should be allowed to finish behind a safety car or on yellow flag. It takes away the finish of the race. I remember Hakkinen winning behind the safety car at Canada - didnt seem to have any point, they should have given them an extra lap. :evil:
They did give them more laps, but after they had given them more laps, they wouldn't give them more when the second caution came out.
Lasek99 wrote:The problem was that there were two separate wrecks people had to drive through. There would've been about 7 more if they did race back. Johnny Sauter ruined it for everyone :(.
If the caution never came out for Biffle and Sauter's wreck, McMurray wouldn't run out of talent just yet.

HC

Post by HC »

I don't think that McMurray's wreck had anything to do with them slowing down. IMO it were two different accidents.