NASCAR Busch driver Clark killed in a car accident

All NASCAR Cup and general stock car discussion, including the Xfinity, ARCA and any feeder series.
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 49
Favourite Driver: Gilles Villeneuve, James Hunt
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X JDM

NASCAR Busch driver Clark killed in a car accident

Post by PTRACER »

From Autosport.com:
Nineteen year-old NASCAR Busch Series driver Spencer Clark died on Sunday after a car accident near Albuquerque, New Mexico.

Clark, making his Busch Series debut this year, was returning to his home in Las Vegas from North Carolina, where he had been testing for this weekend's West Series race at the Irwindale Speedway in California.

A crew member of Clark's team, 28-year-old Andrew Phillips, was also killed in the accident.

Their truck was reported to be hit by a gust of wind, making it go out of control, with both men being ejected.

"Spencer was a good kid with a heart of gold that was as fierce of a competitor as anyone on a racetrack," Cary Agajanian, whose Motorsports Management International agency represented Clark, said in a statement.

"His sheer talent and determination alone were enough to propel him into the NASCAR Busch Series and we expected many great achievements from him in the future."

Clark was in 82nd place in the Bush Series' standings.
Sad news. I've not heard of him before, but 19 is very young. :sorrow:
Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

King of the Race Track, Destroyer of Tyres, Breaker of Lap Records
ASH
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by ASH »

Sad news, very sad news. Young people, the whole live in front maybe a great carrer and then this. There are thousands of people out there, they die from whatever reasons but such tragic news hit me deeper, don't ask me why. No disrespect agisnt all other victims in the world but I think it has something to do with "direct involvement". They share the fun and greatness of motorsports, as we do......................that's the reason.

RIP SPENCER

ASH out.
Work as hard as you can! Do it as well as you can! Don't shit where you eat!
Cheeveer
Favourite Racing Car: Panoz GTR1
Favourite Driver: Alex Zanardi
Favourite Circuit: Bathurst

Post by Cheeveer »

I know that I have heard his name somewhere.
Very sad :cry:
Rest in piece
***Some say you should live each day like it was your last... but who wants to live each day in wild panic and extreme death anxiety?

The universe, look at the hugeness of it... it is a dizzying thought that little ol' me is the centre of it all!***
DoubleFault
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by DoubleFault »

Thats what comes when you dont wear seatbelts though.