NASCAR 2016 - News & Discussion

All NASCAR Cup and general stock car discussion, including the Xfinity, ARCA and any feeder series.
Ian-S
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by Ian-S »

Bottom post of the previous page:

I hate that your defending him too, so call it quits lol, he could have lifted earlier, but if I'd been in his position, I'd have done the same.
I am very sorry if you find my posts long and boring, I like to type and often go off on a tangent.
If this is the case, you may click here to solve the problem, or alternatively here too.
Ian-S
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by Ian-S »

Jimmy Jawnsen did that there...
I am very sorry if you find my posts long and boring, I like to type and often go off on a tangent.
If this is the case, you may click here to solve the problem, or alternatively here too.
erwin greven
Staff
Staff
Favourite Motorsport: Endurance Racing
Favourite Racing Car: Lancia Delta 038 S4 Group B
Favourite Driver: Ronnie Peterson
Favourite Circuit: Nuerburgring Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Peugeot 206 SW Air-Line 3 2007

Post by erwin greven »

And that is title number 7!!!!

JIMMIE JOHNSON!!
Brian Redman: "Mr. Fangio, how do you come so fast?" "More throttle, less brakes...."
kals
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1..BTCC..MotoGP
Favourite Racing Car: Benetton B189
Favourite Circuit: Donington Park

Post by kals »

Well that was a shitty end with a shitty winner. Johnson was nowhere all day and then profited from Earl's dumbness. Meh. Well I suppose it fits the shitty format.
Ian-S
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by Ian-S »

Yup but of the three remaining, I'd prefer he won than the others.
erwin greven
Staff
Staff

Post by erwin greven »

grabbing the popcorn...
Brian Redman: "Mr. Fangio, how do you come so fast?" "More throttle, less brakes...."
Ian-S
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by Ian-S »

Nobody wants to fight, they must have replaced Logano with an android cos he showed quiet a bit of maturity in his interview, same for Kyle.
kals
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by kals »

I'm not fussed by who deserved to win or who didn't win the title, but I am disappointed that Larson had the race win snatched from him.
Ian-S
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by Ian-S »

Indeed, he's wasting his abilities in that team, they should swap him for Danica.
kals
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by kals »

Danica and Chip, that's a match made in heaven. Throw Jorge Lorenzo in their and you've got the cast of Priscilla Queen of the Desert.
LaraCroft2016
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1, Indycar, Nascar
Favourite Racing Car: Williams-Renault
Favourite Driver: Ayrton Senna, Dale Earnhardt
Favourite Circuit: Daytona, Talladega, Spa
Car(s) Currently Owned: no

Post by LaraCroft2016 »

Guys, I agree with you, the chase sucks, the best this year were Keselowski and Truex Jr. Jimmie was lost the whole season and won because of chase and because the others don't know how to handle a final race.

Well, at least they still remember Dale Earnhardt sr. 8)

Now Jimmie Johnson is tied in seven titles with Richard Petty and Dale sr, what do you think??
"The attacks to the twin towers were planned since 1982" Osama Bin Laden in 2004
erwin greven
Staff
Staff

Post by erwin greven »

deserved. period.
He wins two races early in the season, then wins 3 in the chase. Knows how to exploit the chase. Everyone can use the same rules.
kals
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by kals »

Agree with Erwin. You don't win that many races in a season and get called undeserving. Johnson and Knaus have been impeccable throughout the Chase of the Chase format era. Anyway, I called it:
kals wrote:Johnson will win this year. Calling it.

The Chase concept is stupid. End of story.
Ian-S
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by Ian-S »

I don't think the chase is terrible, it does what it's designed to do and in comparison to F1 where there has only ever been two people in the position of winning the title for the past four years, it produces a more exciting format.

But in comparison to normal regular championships, it does suck balls.
John
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Post by John »

What bugs me about the chase is the fact that contenders can have their chances ruined thanks to crashes caused by non-contenders. You don't see teams eliminated in the regular season having any impact on the Super Bowl.
2018 GTP Accuracy champion.

CEREAL IS A SOUP.
kals
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by kals »

John wrote:What bugs me about the chase is the fact that contenders can have their chances ruined thanks to crashes caused by non-contenders. You don't see teams eliminated in the regular season having any impact on the Super Bowl.
That's what bugs you?

What bugs me is NASCAR and its fans lauding a system that gives Ryan Newman a realistic shot at a title when he barely registers a reasonable result throughout a season.

But yeah, joking about Newman aside I do agree. Perhaps what NASCAR can add to the format is putting all the chase contenders at the head of the pack at the start of every race plus restart. Yes that doesn't eliminate the possibility of getting caught up in incidents but it ensures the chase pack are fighting themselves to begin with. Also, maybe the chasers can be given a weight break so they are faster that the non-chase pack?