[NASCAR + Xfinity] 2015 Season

All NASCAR Cup and general stock car discussion, including the Xfinity, ARCA and any feeder series.
kals
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1..BTCC..MotoGP
Favourite Racing Car: Benetton B189
Favourite Circuit: Donington Park

Post by kals »

Bottom post of the previous page:

And there in lies the oddities of the Chase format.

I've seen a lot of complaints about Kyle Busch winning the title despite missing 11 races due to his Daytona injury. Where was he placed before the first Chase round? Even with all his wins I know he wasn't an automatic qualifier.
Ian-S
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by Ian-S »

29th or something like that, he barely scrapped in.

Must admit I did laugh at the crowds reaction to Kenseth, he got by far the biggest cheer, and contuary to what the TV mob would have you believe, it wasn't because 'was back' it was because everybody was so happy that he virtually guaranteed Logan wouldn't win :lol:
I am very sorry if you find my posts long and boring, I like to type and often go off on a tangent.
If this is the case, you may click here to solve the problem, or alternatively here too.
kals
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1..BTCC..MotoGP
Favourite Racing Car: Benetton B189
Favourite Circuit: Donington Park

Post by kals »

Well the same tv mob would have you believe Lewis Hamilton was "one of the celebrities and Jeff Gordon fans". The tv mob have about as much awareness of themselves and their surroundings as Logano lol
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Kimi,Niki,Jim(none called Michael)
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: Audi SQ5 3.0L V6 TwinTurbo
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Post by Everso Biggyballies »

I think the lack of crowd noise was that there were only 60,000 people there (according to the commentary in the pre-amble.... seems like nothing for a nation of 300 million and supposedly the most popular motorsport category. We get 60,000 to Bathurst from a nation of 25 million.

I watched some of the pre-amble waiting for the track to be dried out, was hoping for a win for Jeff Gordon, but fell asleep during the warm up laps (how many to they have FFS?) and woke up to see the M&M car in victory lane, and switched off. Havent bothered to watch a replay knowing that Gordon failed to win. :roll:

I have to say that to me with my limited interest and even less knowledge of 'the system', the whole Sprint Cup formula/format is totally fucked. They race in God knows how many races all year but then the whole season is settled on the result of one race only from what I can make out. With the only 4 challengers, and those being settled on the just the preceding race. Maybe I have it wrong, but... :huh:

Makes F1's attempt at keeping the title open until the end, with double points (in 2014) for the last round look good.

* I started life with nothing, and still have most of it left

“Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows!” (Walter Röhrl)

* I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always
Ian-S
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by Ian-S »

One of the advantages of watching the German feed is you get to see stuff happen live, rather than on tape delay once NBC return from adverts, during pre-race they get a static camera to watch for the 5 minutes of ads, you can see and hear a lot from that static camera ;)
I am very sorry if you find my posts long and boring, I like to type and often go off on a tangent.
If this is the case, you may click here to solve the problem, or alternatively here too.
erwin greven
Staff
Staff
Favourite Motorsport: Endurance Racing
Favourite Racing Car: Lancia Delta 038 S4 Group B
Favourite Driver: Ronnie Peterson
Favourite Circuit: Nuerburgring Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Peugeot 206 SW Air-Line 3 2007

Post by erwin greven »

Interesting read:
http://www.theplayerstribune.com/kyle-b ... -champion/

A story told by Kyle how his season went throught this year after his crash at Daytona.
Kyle Busch wrote:The day before this year’s Daytona 500, I spun off the track during an Xfinity Series race. Usually when you crash, you don’t have much time to process it. That’s a good thing. But this time, I slid across the infield grass for about four seconds. It actually felt like four minutes. I could see the wall getting closer and closer and it gave me enough time to think, Well, this is gonna suck.
I hit the wall head-on at 90 miles per hour.
I could feel it right away. Right leg broken. Left foot broken.
Okay, this is bad.
Then I saw the flash fire start on the hood of the car.
Okay, this is really bad. Get out. Get out.
Kyle Busch wrote:The first day of rehab, the therapist has me in a bear hug. He sets me down on my feet for a second, and it’s like I get hit by lightning. Just excruciating pain shooting up my body. I start to literally see stars. I almost pass out.
Brian Redman: "Mr. Fangio, how do you come so fast?" "More throttle, less brakes...."
erwin greven
Staff
Staff
Favourite Motorsport: Endurance Racing
Favourite Racing Car: Lancia Delta 038 S4 Group B
Favourite Driver: Ronnie Peterson
Favourite Circuit: Nuerburgring Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Peugeot 206 SW Air-Line 3 2007

Post by erwin greven »

Nascar.com wrote:Kyle Busch suggests intriguing Chase change

Kyle Busch won the 2015 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series championship, so it makes sense that he's gone on record to say he likes the new Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup elimination-style format. That didn't stop the Joe Gibbs Racing driver from offering a tweak to the existing format, though.

"I think there's one thing that could be added," Busch said during Champion's Week in Las Vegas. "I think we have to take care of the regular-season (points) leader. Whoever is the points leader after (the regular-season finale), I think it would be pretty neat if they got a first-round bye, for instance.

"I think being able to accomplish that feat of leading the points is somewhat similar to the old championship format. I think you should reward that guy and not have to make them sweat for the first round."

Kevin Harvick was the 2015 regular season points leader and would have received the "bye" under Busch's proposed system, which would have come in handy after a 42nd-place finish in the Chase opener at Chicagoland Speedway. Harvick was the No. 5 seed entering the Chase because other drivers had more wins.
http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-media/ ... -idea.html
Brian Redman: "Mr. Fangio, how do you come so fast?" "More throttle, less brakes...."