[NASCAR] 2013 Season Discussion

All NASCAR Cup and general stock car discussion, including the Xfinity, ARCA and any feeder series.
Ian-S
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by Ian-S »

Bottom post of the previous page:

It wasn't the greatest plate race I've ever seen, these cars are way too aero dependant (evident by Dillons crash at the end), NASCAR needs to get back to a package where the cars are not completely reliant on aerodynamics in order for the drivers to stay in control, get rid of the splitters, put blades on the roof and do whatever is needed to the rear spoiler to make it that lifting the air off it isn't an immediate guaranteed spin like it is now. Basically what happened there was Dillons car had so much from downforce that when whoever was behind swept across his wake, it took all the downforce off the rear and spun the car instantly, a bit like how an F1 car reacts when the rear wing falls off., on the flip side of this, this huge reliance on aero for downforce is why nobody can overtake, as soon as they get close to the car infront the air is taken off their splitter and they push like a dumptruck.

They used to run these cars, at these speeds, on these tracks, 15 years ago without the huge aero dependency just fine, the racing might have been similar, but at least back then they could genuinely overtake the guy in front without the need play silly buggers. Fix the tyres too, I knew as soon as they got single file (because the tyres were fucked) they would never get back into a pack.
I am very sorry if you find my posts long and boring, I like to type and often go off on a tangent.
If this is the case, you may click here to solve the problem, or alternatively here too.
Cheeveer
Favourite Racing Car: Panoz GTR1
Favourite Driver: Alex Zanardi
Favourite Circuit: Bathurst

Post by Cheeveer »

I'm just bummed out over the blue balls finish. The racing was pretty good until the final caution.
***Some say you should live each day like it was your last... but who wants to live each day in wild panic and extreme death anxiety?

The universe, look at the hugeness of it... it is a dizzying thought that little ol' me is the centre of it all!***
erwin greven
Staff
Staff
Favourite Motorsport: Endurance Racing
Favourite Racing Car: Lancia Delta 038 S4 Group B
Favourite Driver: Ronnie Peterson
Favourite Circuit: Nuerburgring Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Peugeot 206 SW Air-Line 3 2007

Post by erwin greven »

Ian-S wrote:It wasn't the greatest plate race I've ever seen, these cars are way too aero dependant (evident by Dillons crash at the end), NASCAR needs to get back to a package where the cars are not completely reliant on aerodynamics in order for the drivers to stay in control, get rid of the splitters, put blades on the roof and do whatever is needed to the rear spoiler to make it that lifting the air off it isn't an immediate guaranteed spin like it is now. .......
erwin greven wrote:yes, but then Nascar would agree with Denny Hamlin, who said after the second (!) race that the cars are too aero dependent.
It costed Denny 25,000 dollars.....
Brian Redman: "Mr. Fangio, how do you come so fast?" "More throttle, less brakes...."
Sam
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Sam »

Cheeveer wrote:I'm just bummed out over the blue balls finish. The racing was pretty good until the final caution.
:agreepost:
DaleJuniorFan
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1, Indycar

Post by DaleJuniorFan »

Darrell Wallace Jr. just won the Camping World Truck Series race at Martinsville.

He becomes the first African-American driver to win a major-division NASCAR race in 50 years (Wendell Scott, 1963).
Ian-S
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by Ian-S »

Who cares, Harvick vs Childress is much more fun :lol:
I am very sorry if you find my posts long and boring, I like to type and often go off on a tangent.
If this is the case, you may click here to solve the problem, or alternatively here too.
Cheeveer

Post by Cheeveer »

DaleJuniorFan wrote:Darrell Wallace Jr. just won the Camping World Truck Series race at Martinsville.

He becomes the first African-American driver to win a major-division NASCAR race in 50 years (Wendell Scott, 1963).
I hopes that is a class barrier more than a race barrier ( no pun intended).
***Some say you should live each day like it was your last... but who wants to live each day in wild panic and extreme death anxiety?

The universe, look at the hugeness of it... it is a dizzying thought that little ol' me is the centre of it all!***
SBan83

Post by SBan83 »

Dillon boys need a whooping real bad. I hope to see them on their lids a lot if they don't lose the attitude and self-entitlement by the time they get to Cup.
erwin greven
Staff
Staff

Post by erwin greven »

After some good green flag runs, it's now caution after caution.
Brian Redman: "Mr. Fangio, how do you come so fast?" "More throttle, less brakes...."
Cheeveer

Post by Cheeveer »

Pretty sweet race. Enjoyed the racing at the end when people started using their heads.

SBan83

Post by SBan83 »

Always nice to see Jeff win. Jimmie was taking a lot of chances but I guess people were not turning him because he raced them with respect for most of the season and they remember that. Gotta say, nice drive by Princess Sparkle Pony too.
Antonov
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: MP4/13 ; F40
Favourite Driver: M. Hakkinen
Favourite Circuit: Some shitty street circuit
Car(s) Currently Owned: VW Golf GTI

Post by Antonov »

Hotdogger wrote:Always nice to see Jeff win.
:agreepost:
erwin greven
Staff
Staff

Post by erwin greven »

Yes, i really enjoyed this race, which was very unpredictable at times. Good win for Jeff, he deserved it. Also a good run from Kenseth, Burton and Bowyer. Sadly Jeff Burton fell back a bit in the late stages of the race.
Ian-S
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by Ian-S »

I only watched the end (forgot about the timezone change LOL) but it was a good race, good winner.
Cheeveer

Post by Cheeveer »

We had to enjoy it while it lasted - another aero push track next week. I can stand having 3 of such tracks each year, like Charlotte, Homestead and Atlanta, but why on earth does have to be half of the schedule?! Short tracks is NASCAR's heritage and provides often the best racing. More of those please.

SBan83

Post by SBan83 »

Bad decisions made back when aero push was not an issue and record-breaking attendances made big facilities seem like the way to go. Now they're stuck with them.