[NASCAR] 2012 Season | Championship Weekend

All NASCAR Cup and general stock car discussion, including the Xfinity, ARCA and any feeder series.

Who will be 2012 Sprint Cup Series Champion?

Brad Keselowski
80%
Jimmie Johnson
20%

Total votes: 5

ReneLotus
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by ReneLotus »

Bottom post of the previous page:

Well, it has been coming for a while now and it took Jeff Gordon to lose his head to show what a disgrace NASCAR drivers have been making of themselves these past few years. This is what the F1 people are trying to avoid by dishing out penalties left, right and centre, but perhaps NASCAR needs to do the same. Not clamping down on this 'retaliation' is ruining races, causing big crashes and putting people in more danger than needed. The "I am immortal so I can crash whatever I want" attitude that we have seen in many open-wheeler crashes now rears its head in NASCAR. I hope both drivers get a stiff penalty for this, just to set an example.

Nice work on that video Ian :thumbsup:
Ian-S
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by Ian-S »

I'll just quote myself from elsewhere:
Ian-S wrote:I doubt they will do anything, maybe put Bowyer and Gordon on probation, maybe some points and a bit of cash, the one who is going to get it most is Bowyer's Crew Chief for saying shit on the live broadcast, maybe Bowyer too for saying Retard in a later interview, aparantly in America saying shit or retard on tv is considered worse than fighting like a pack of wolves over dinner. It was great TV, primetime on the East Coast, NASCAR couldn't buy coverage like that, Twitter and Facebook exploded (Brad was tweeting again from in his car) and everybody tuned in as a result, not to mention the end of the race, NASCAR will be secretly loving it.

Bear in mind that I took the raw audio from the press conference and spliced it into the speed video, that's not what speed showed, they blanked everything out bar the last little "pissed me off" they missed that one :lol:
Ruben got a spoof 5-Hour Energy commercial up while I was editing that too:

I am very sorry if you find my posts long and boring, I like to type and often go off on a tangent.
If this is the case, you may click here to solve the problem, or alternatively here too.
kals
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1..BTCC..MotoGP
Favourite Racing Car: Benetton B189
Favourite Circuit: Donington Park

Post by kals »

I'm not a fan of Bowyer, but he went up a few points in my estimation. I don't feel sorry for him but I feel very bad for Mikey. Gordon on the other hand, a legend, a guy who's one of the mosy respected in the sports history, well that was, worthy of him being Lance Armstrong'd...
Ian-S
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by Ian-S »

Both of them are dicks tbh.

Here's the full post race with Kes, well worth a watch if you haven't heard the audio (just not for the rant but everything else he says).

I am very sorry if you find my posts long and boring, I like to type and often go off on a tangent.
If this is the case, you may click here to solve the problem, or alternatively here too.
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 49
Favourite Driver: Gilles Villeneuve, James Hunt
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X JDM

Post by PTRACER »

I know all this fighting and intentional wrecking is great entertainment, but I wish it didn't have to happen.
Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

King of the Race Track, Destroyer of Tyres, Breaker of Lap Records
Cheeveer
Favourite Racing Car: Panoz GTR1
Favourite Driver: Alex Zanardi
Favourite Circuit: Bathurst

Post by Cheeveer »

PTRACER wrote:I know all this fighting and intentional wrecking is great entertainment, but I wish it didn't have to happen.
Yeah, same. But NASCAR brought this on themselves. And they know their main fan base (white trash).

Well, well, doesn't change the fact that the race I look forward the most to next weekend is the race to the east in the US.
***Some say you should live each day like it was your last... but who wants to live each day in wild panic and extreme death anxiety?

The universe, look at the hugeness of it... it is a dizzying thought that little ol' me is the centre of it all!***
Ian-S
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by Ian-S »

@JennaFryer wrote:All in 1 tweet: Gordon fined $100k, docked 25 pts .. Pattie fined $25k ... Keselowski fined $25k for having cell phone in car. #NASCAR
Told you, Gordon docked points and cents for the wreck, Pattie for swearing and Kes for mouthing off (from within the car under the red flag) and probably indirectly the press conference.
DaleJuniorFan
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1, Indycar

Post by DaleJuniorFan »

Ian-S wrote:
@JennaFryer wrote:All in 1 tweet: Gordon fined $100k, docked 25 pts .. Pattie fined $25k ... Keselowski fined $25k for having cell phone in car. #NASCAR
...and Kes for mouthing off (from within the car under the red flag) and probably indirectly the press conference.
Funny how NASCAR did nothing about it when he did the same thing at the Daytona 500.

Though I should expect this from NASCAR; they've mastered the art of inconsistent penalties for a good decade now.
Ian-S
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by Ian-S »

I think in their defence, they only "clarified" the particulars of the rule after Daytona.

Either that or it was a back door fine for him letting rip in the press conference.
Sam
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Sam »

I'm bored with that story already. So here's something much more interesting...
speed.com wrote:TRUCKS: Report – Series On Dirt Next Year
Truck Series expected to run at Eldora Speedway in Ohio next season…

The NASCAR Camping World Truck Series will race for the first time on a dirt track next season, the Charlotte Observer is reporting.

The trucks will run at Eldora Speedway in Rossburg, Ohio, according to the report. The track, owned by NASCAR team owner and driver Tony Stewart, is a half-mile dirt facility and one of the most famous dirt ovals in the country.

Stewart has hosted special events involving top NASCAR drivers at the track, which seats about 20,000.

The track does not have SAFER barriers, a safety innovation NASCAR has required in recent seasons.

None of NASCAR’s major series has run on a dirt surface since 1970, when Richard Petty won the final dirt race in Raleigh, NC.

As NASCAR moved toward bigger tracks and sought to trim an unwieldy schedule, the dirt speedways that had been the foundation for the sport in the early years faded away.

The possibility of the Sprint Cup or Nationwide Series running on dirt is considered very unlikely.
Now that's something I really want to see...
Cheeveer
Favourite Racing Car: Panoz GTR1
Favourite Driver: Alex Zanardi
Favourite Circuit: Bathurst

Post by Cheeveer »

Eldora! Awesome news.

Less awesome that Keselowski is fined for having a cell phone in his car. Really? Must be some kind of joke surely.
***Some say you should live each day like it was your last... but who wants to live each day in wild panic and extreme death anxiety?

The universe, look at the hugeness of it... it is a dizzying thought that little ol' me is the centre of it all!***
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by PTRACER »

200mph machines running on a dirt track?? Late April Fools?
Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

SBan83

Post by SBan83 »

ARCA already does it twice a year with cars more powerful than the trucks so it should be OK.

PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by PTRACER »

That looks awesome. It's just tarmac with sand sprinkled on the top though.

Ian-S
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by Ian-S »

PTRACER wrote:That looks awesome. It's just tarmac with sand sprinkled on the top though.
No it's a proper dirt track, the black groove comes from the clay being packed down so hard that once the top layer is blown off, rubber builds up on it just like it would on a normal asphalt track.
erwin greven
Staff
Staff
Favourite Motorsport: Endurance Racing
Favourite Racing Car: Lancia Delta 038 S4 Group B
Favourite Driver: Ronnie Peterson
Favourite Circuit: Nuerburgring Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Peugeot 206 SW Air-Line 3 2007

Post by erwin greven »

Nationwide schedule 2013

Feb. 23 Daytona
March 2 Phoenix
March 9 Las Vegas
March 16 Bristol
March 23 Auto Club
April 12 Texas
April 26 Richmond
May 4 Talladega
May 10 Darlington
May 25 Charlotte
June 1 Dover
June 8 Iowa
June 15 Michigan
June 22 Road America
June 28 Kentucky
July 5 Daytona
July 13 New Hampshire
July 21 Chicagoland
July 27 Indianapolis
Aug. 3 Iowa
Aug. 10 Watkins Glen
Aug. 17 Mid-Ohio
Aug. 23 Bristol
Aug. 31 Atlanta
Sept. 6 Richmond
Sept. 14 Chicagoland
Sept. 21 Kentucky
Sept. 28 Dover
Oct. 5 Kansas
Oct. 11 Charlotte
Nov. 2 Texas
Nov. 9 Phoenix
Nov. 16 Homestead
Brian Redman: "Mr. Fangio, how do you come so fast?" "More throttle, less brakes...."