[NASCAR] 2011 Season - Kurt Busch fired!

All NASCAR Cup and general stock car discussion, including the Xfinity, ARCA and any feeder series.

Who will win the 2011 Sprint Cup?

Tony Stewart
78%
Carl Edwards
22%

Total votes: 9

erwin greven
Staff
Staff
Favourite Motorsport: Endurance Racing
Favourite Racing Car: Lancia Delta 038 S4 Group B
Favourite Driver: Ronnie Peterson
Favourite Circuit: Nuerburgring Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Peugeot 206 SW Air-Line 3 2007

Post by erwin greven »

Bottom post of the previous page:

Hotdogger wrote:I always say let your feelings out rather than bottle them up. Carl tries so hard to be nice that when he's mad, all that pent up rage explodes like a volcano and heaven help whoever is responsible. :rip:
At least Kyle is not wrecking cars at 190 mph.
Brian Redman: "Mr. Fangio, how do you come so fast?" "More throttle, less brakes...."
DaleJuniorFan
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1, Indycar

Post by DaleJuniorFan »

Hotdogger wrote:I always say let your feelings out rather than bottle them up.
Except in NASCAR, when you let your feelings out, you get fined for it. Case in point...
MIAMI BEACH, Fla. (AP) — Brad Keselowski has been fined by NASCAR for criticizing electronic fuel injection, The Associated Press has learned.

Multiple people familiar with the punishment told AP on Thursday about Keselowski's fine. The people spoke on condition of anonymity because NASCAR did not publicize the fine.

NASCAR has been privately punishing drivers for making disparaging remarks about the series over the last two years.

The fine is believed to be $25,000.

"We're not doing this because it's better for the teams," Keselowski said last week during an appearance at the NASCAR Hall of Fame . "I don't think we're really going to save any gas. It's a media circus, trying to make you guys happy so you write good stories. It gives them something to promote. We're always looking for something to promote, but the honest answer is it does nothing for the sport except cost the team owners money.

"Cars on the street are injected with real electronics, not a throttle body (like in NASCAR). So we've managed to go from 50-year-old technology to 35-year-old technology. I don't see what the big deal is."

NASCAR has called the move to electronic fuel injection part of its green initiative and said engines should run more efficiently by controlling the fuel mixture through electronics.

NASCAR spokesman Kerry Tharp acknowledged there had been conversations with Keselowski.

"We did talk to Brad following his recent comments that were highly critical of the series moving to electronic fuel injection next season," Tharp said. "We made it clear to him that these kind of comments are detrimental to the sport, and we handled it accordingly with him."

In the past NASCAR has quietly fined Ryan Newman for criticizing racing at Talladega and Denny Hamlin for posts he made on Twitter.

Earlier this year, Newman was fined $50,000 for an incident with Juan Pablo Montoya. NASCAR has refused to discuss the fine or what happened with Montoya to earn Newman the penalty.
SBan83

Post by SBan83 »

Haha, well, when you're talking about the company that puts food on your table, perhaps it's wise to not do so. :wink: It's just like getting reprimanded or fired by your boss for ranting about something at your workplace in Facebook. I have always believed that you don't throw your source of bread and butter under the bus. I agree with Brad's points completely but I'll have to side with NASCAR on this one. Offer your suggestions to them in private but don't call them out in public as it achieves nothing.
SBan83

Post by SBan83 »

erwin greven wrote:
Hotdogger wrote:I always say let your feelings out rather than bottle them up. Carl tries so hard to be nice that when he's mad, all that pent up rage explodes like a volcano and heaven help whoever is responsible. :rip:
At least Kyle is not wrecking cars at 190 mph.
Yea, he's just doing it under caution at 150 mph.
erwin greven
Staff
Staff

Post by erwin greven »

but it is 40 mph slower.... :mrgreen:
:insulted:
Brian Redman: "Mr. Fangio, how do you come so fast?" "More throttle, less brakes...."
erwin greven
Staff
Staff

Post by erwin greven »

Source: http://www.nascar.com/news/111118/rhorn ... index.html
HOMESTEAD, Fla. -- Ron Hornaday, four-time champion in the Camping World Truck Series, has found a home for 2012 with Joe Denette Motorsports.

Hornaday's hiring as a driver will be made official in a news conference at 1 p.m. Friday at Homestead-Miami Speedway, team owner Joe Denette confirmed.

"We're making some big changes and looking to make big improvements for next year," Denette said Friday. "We expect to win races and run for a championship."

Hornaday enters Friday's season finale with four victories in 2011 and 54 for his storied career. But he found himself out of a ride when Kevin Harvick Inc., which fields the No. 33 truck Hornaday currently drives, decided to close down its operation at the end of this season.
SBan83

Post by SBan83 »

It'll be a miracle if he can run good with that team but Jason White has not been the best benchmark either, so we'll have to see. Love to see Ron do well.
erwin greven wrote:but it is 40 mph slower.... :mrgreen:
:insulted:
:tongue:
DoubleFault
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by DoubleFault »

So Edwards takes pole and Stewart is 15th. Stewart believes his long run pace is better though.

I'm pissed that I can't watch the race live (cheers sky sports) but last time I watched the championship decider in America it wasn't a good night.
Seppi
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Seppi »

For those living in the UK Premier Sports is showing the Homestead race live and 'Free to Air' tonight at 7pm
GO CARL!
Seppi
Antonov
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: MP4/13 ; F40
Favourite Driver: M. Hakkinen
Favourite Circuit: Some shitty street circuit
Car(s) Currently Owned: VW Golf GTI

Post by Antonov »

Smoke will be champion!
erwin greven
Staff
Staff

Post by erwin greven »

I think Smoke, but i hope for Carl. A new name would be good.
kals
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1..BTCC..MotoGP
Favourite Racing Car: Benetton B189
Favourite Circuit: Donington Park

Post by kals »

A new name would be good but after everything that has happened recently involving Busch, Carl being that new name would be pretty hypocritical. That said, whoever wins it will be a deserved winner.
DoubleFault
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by DoubleFault »

So from what I read Stewart is about to win it.
Ian-S
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by Ian-S »

we won't know who wins until the end, presently yes, but Stewart's team has a funny habbit of screwing his car up on the last stop.

edit: frak that, just started raining.
I am very sorry if you find my posts long and boring, I like to type and often go off on a tangent.
If this is the case, you may click here to solve the problem, or alternatively here too.
kals
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1..BTCC..MotoGP
Favourite Racing Car: Benetton B189
Favourite Circuit: Donington Park

Post by kals »

And the pendulam swings back to Carl. This has been a pretty entertaining race. I just hope it doesn't end under yellow thanks to the rain.
Ian-S
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by Ian-S »

yeah it's interesting.
I am very sorry if you find my posts long and boring, I like to type and often go off on a tangent.
If this is the case, you may click here to solve the problem, or alternatively here too.