[NSCS/NNS/CWTS] 2010 Season

All NASCAR Cup and general stock car discussion, including the Xfinity, ARCA and any feeder series.
kals
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1..BTCC..MotoGP
Favourite Racing Car: Benetton B189
Favourite Circuit: Donington Park

Post by kals »

Bottom post of the previous page:

Fingers crossed that Jimmie's time is finally over. Hamlin for the Sprint Cup please because I dislike Harvick so much.
Ian-S
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by Ian-S »

JJ48 is usually fairly strong in the last two races, he usually wrecks at Texas, so finishing is good even if they did sack his crew mid-race :haha:
I am very sorry if you find my posts long and boring, I like to type and often go off on a tangent.
If this is the case, you may click here to solve the problem, or alternatively here too.
Seppi
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Seppi »

I think Hendrick did the #48 no favours by replacing the whole pitcrew half way through the race.
What will their morale be like for the final 2 Chase races? Shit!
Goodbye JJ... :whistling:

Close to the end of the season so I would like to thank the Open Access channel for showing all of the Sprint Cup series 'live' when Sky did a runner. Without them it would have been a poor year.
Thanks Open Access :thumbsup: Thanks Sky, we really needed more football :roll:

Seppi
DoubleFault
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by DoubleFault »

Seppi wrote:Thanks Open Access :thumbsup: Thanks Sky, we really needed more football :roll:
I am happily enjoying having more football :thumbsup:
Seppi
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Seppi »

DoubleFault wrote:I am happily enjoying having more football :thumbsup:
I remember watching it once.... but the ball was the wrong shape :whistling:
Seppi
Ian-S
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by Ian-S »

Unfortunately Open Access won't be showing it next year, they didn't pickup the option on the rights (expired 31st August I think) so Richard Garvie is trying to find another channel to take it.
I am very sorry if you find my posts long and boring, I like to type and often go off on a tangent.
If this is the case, you may click here to solve the problem, or alternatively here too.
Speedworx
Gold Member
Gold Member
Favourite Motorsport: NASCAR
Favourite Driver: Tony Stewart
Favourite Circuit: Talladega Superspeedway
Car(s) Currently Owned: Ford Focus

Post by Speedworx »

Seppi wrote:I think Hendrick did the #48 no favours by replacing the whole pitcrew half way through the race.
What will their morale be like for the final 2 Chase races? Shit!
Goodbye JJ... :whistling:
Johnson is going to use the 24 crew for the final 2 races.
DaleJuniorFan
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1, Indycar

Post by DaleJuniorFan »

The situation at Richard Petty Motorsports is getting dire. While all the other teams are halfway to Phoenix, they're stuck in Texas....

Richard Petty Motorsports on hold: The situation at Richard Petty Motorsports remains tenuous at best, despite reports to the contrary. Last week team officials said everything was set for this weekend's Sprint Cup Series race at Phoenix International Raceway as well as the season finale the following week. But five truck drivers remained in Fort Worth at Texas Motor Speedway waiting for the call as to whether they were heading west to the next race or back to the shop in the east as of Tuesday evening. The organization has been in limbo as team owner George Gillett is still reeling from the financial hit he took Oct. 15 when the English soccer team he co-owned -- Liverpool Football Club -- was taken over.
RPM had planned to run two cars next season with AJ Allmendinger and Marcos Ambrose. However, until money can be secured to settle the current debts at RPM, it's uncertain how much longer the organization will be around. Sources told FOXSports.com that Richard Petty, the team's namesake, was in talks with Andrew Murstein, President of Medallion Financial Group, in a bid to gain financial control of the company from Gillett.
As a backup plan for Paul Menard, who has already announced that he will leave RPM to drive for Richard Childress Racing in 2011, the #10 Stavola Labonte Racing Chevy stayed within two hours of Texas Motor Speedway in case it needs to turn around and head to Phoenix for Menard's use. Stavola Labonte Racing has a technical alliance with RCR.(FoxSports)(11-10-2010)
UPDATE: Eight Richard Petty Motorsports Fords scheduled to compete this weekend at Phoenix remain at Texas Motor Speedway today, waiting to be paid for so they can be released to travel to PIR. Sources tell Sirius NASCAR Radio's Sirius Speedway with Dave Moody that as of 1:00pm/et today, the cars sit on an unmarked, white Roush Fenway Racing transporter in a parking lot at Texas Motor Speedway. Alongside sit the respective Richard Petty Motorsports transporters, empty and waiting for permission to load the cars and begin their drive from Fort Worth to Avondale, AZ.
"The plan was to take RPM's Phoenix cars to Texas and hold them there until the check cleared," said a source close to the situation, speaking on the condition on anonymity. "The money was supposed to be there Monday, but that didn't happen. It didn't happen again yesterday, and everyone's still there today, on hold. Everyone knew this was going to happen before they left for Texas. Our hands are tied and there's nothing we can do but wait." A resolution must come soon, since federal regulations allow transporter drivers to drive for only 10 hours before getting 10 hours of rest. It is approximately 18 hours from Texas to Phoenix.
A similar situation occurred last week, when RPM's Texas cars were withheld by Roush Fenway until late Wednesday, pending payment. "The #9 and #98 trucks loaded up and left last week before they had been cleared to go, and that created a big issue," said a second RPM source. "The cars were finally released at 4:00pm last Wednesday, but until then, there was considerable doubt whether Richard Petty Motorsports was going to race in Texas at all. Now, they're right back in the same situation. The transporter drivers are sitting in Texas, waiting to find out of they're heading to Phoenix, or back to North Carolina."
Richard Petty Motorsports employees have been required to work on their cars at Roush Fenway Racing in recent weeks, since Roush will not release the cars until they are paid for. RPM faces other financial obligations in the near future. The team is scheduled to make a winnings and retainer payments due to each of its drivers on the 15th of this month. A call to Richard Petty Motorsports seeking comment was not immediately returned.(Sirius Speedway)(11-10-2010)
kals
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by kals »

That is a shit situation. Gillett has really tried to fuck up as many people and organisations as humanly possible.
DaleJuniorFan
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1, Indycar

Post by DaleJuniorFan »

They're finally loading up the haulers and heading to Phoenix as of this afternoon, though it's gonna be hell for their truck drivers to drive that distance in a short time.

Meanwhile, motorcross/rally car superstar Travis Pastrana will run in select Nationwide Series races in 2011.
erwin greven
Staff
Staff
Favourite Motorsport: Endurance Racing
Favourite Racing Car: Lancia Delta 038 S4 Group B
Favourite Driver: Ronnie Peterson
Favourite Circuit: Nuerburgring Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Peugeot 206 SW Air-Line 3 2007

Post by erwin greven »

Lol, Danica retaliates..... the wrong car... Ok, he made use out of her situation...
Brian Redman: "Mr. Fangio, how do you come so fast?" "More throttle, less brakes...."
erwin greven
Staff
Staff

Post by erwin greven »

Pff... All the bad things happen to Denny Hamlin.. :evil:
Brian Redman: "Mr. Fangio, how do you come so fast?" "More throttle, less brakes...."
kals
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by kals »

Yeah but despite the damage he's still running well, so fingers crossed for Denny
erwin greven
Staff
Staff

Post by erwin greven »

yep, otherwise it gets as boring as the "Grand Finale" at Abu Dhabi..
kals
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by kals »

It was getting interesting prior the previous yellow when Harvick was approaching Johnson, but then that was spoilt by the yellow for debris. But now Johnson is sitting behind Harvick after the recent round of pit stops. The ideal would be these two running into each other at some point. Lets hope those repairs on Hamlin allow him to regain some lost speed.
erwin greven
Staff
Staff

Post by erwin greven »

I hope Denny is not getting in trouble again, because that would be a pity. The championship should be decided by pace, not debris.