[NSCS/NNS/CWTS] 2010 Season

All NASCAR Cup and general stock car discussion, including the Xfinity, ARCA and any feeder series.
erwin greven
Staff
Staff
Favourite Motorsport: Endurance Racing
Favourite Racing Car: Lancia Delta 038 S4 Group B
Favourite Driver: Ronnie Peterson
Favourite Circuit: Nuerburgring Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Peugeot 206 SW Air-Line 3 2007

Post by erwin greven »

Bottom post of the previous page:

This #88 team, does this team build complete new cars or do they maintain the old chassis of the, back then, #25 team?
I know Dale is not that bad, he did some very reasonable races in the Nationwide series this year. He won even one of them.
Brian Redman: "Mr. Fangio, how do you come so fast?" "More throttle, less brakes...."
Ian-S
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by Ian-S »

Well I dunno to be sure but I guess they build new ones.
I am very sorry if you find my posts long and boring, I like to type and often go off on a tangent.
If this is the case, you may click here to solve the problem, or alternatively here too.
erwin greven
Staff
Staff

Post by erwin greven »

When i look this season to several teams, there are a few who catch some attention. The Fords from Roush Fenway are doing better than last year. At least in the second half of the season. I think it has to do with the new engine they using.
Jamie McMurray is doing a great job this year in the #1 team. A few wins and driving several races in the top 15, although his finishes are not always showing his progress. JPM is less consistent compared to last year. Ambrose is getting better on ovals. The Hendrick team is not that dominant anymore compared to last year.

I think Dale has not a good team around him. But sometimes when i hear him on the in car radio, he gives not that many information about the behaviour of the car. So it seems to be a problem in communication on both sides. The team is not capable enough to give him a good car and he is not capable enough to give them the information to make the car better.
Something that is the opposite in the #48 team.
Brian Redman: "Mr. Fangio, how do you come so fast?" "More throttle, less brakes...."
Ian-S
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by Ian-S »

I think you've hit the nail on the head there.

All of his success came when he had Tony Eury Sr as his crew chief, cos he knew what to do to make the car right and they had the right people building the cars and engines, all this downturn started when the vindictive step mother from hell stripped Jr's team from him at the end of 2004.

It's no coincidence that 2004 was his best season, then after that it all started going to shit, maybe he should give Hendrick JRM and buy his way out of HMS and goto RCR, only then will we get to see whether he is as good as Jr Nation would want you to believe he is or not. It's pretty common knowledge that he's not getting the same equipment as the 24/48 teams (neither is the 5 this season and oh look MM is just another run of the mill driver again).
I am very sorry if you find my posts long and boring, I like to type and often go off on a tangent.
If this is the case, you may click here to solve the problem, or alternatively here too.
erwin greven
Staff
Staff

Post by erwin greven »

That is also why i think Ambrose could do an even better job on ovals next year. He contributes the main part of the succes of the #47 team.
Ian-S
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by Ian-S »

I'm not so sure moving to the #9 is a good career move.
erwin greven
Staff
Staff

Post by erwin greven »

In some extent i agree with that. But on ovals Kasey won some races with that car and maybe some data could be used to get Marcos more in front.
Ian-S
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by Ian-S »

Erm not this season he hasn't.
erwin greven
Staff
Staff

Post by erwin greven »

Yes, this season he didn't, but last season he did.
DaleJuniorFan
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1, Indycar

Post by DaleJuniorFan »

In other news, Clint Bowyer's title hopes are screwed, thanks to NASCAR scrutineering.
NASCAR has issued penalties, suspensions and fines as a result of rules infractions discovered this week during post-race inspection at the NASCAR Research and Development Center following last Sunday's race at New Hampshire Motor Speedway. The #33 team was found to be in violation of Sections 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing); 12-4-J (any determination by NASCAR officials that the race equipment used in the event does not conform to NASCAR rules); and 20-3 (car body location specifications in reference to the certified chassis did not meet NASCAR-approved specifications) of the 2010 NASCAR Rule Book. As a result, crew chief Shane Wilson has been fined $150,000, suspended from the next six NASCAR Sprint Cup events, suspended from NASCAR until Nov. 3 and placed on probation until Dec. 31. Car chief Chad Haney has also been suspended from the next six NASCAR Sprint Cup events, suspended from NASCAR until Nov. 3 and placed on probation until Dec. 31. Driver Clint Bowyer and owner Richard Childress have been penalized with the loss of 150 championship driver and owner points, respectively. (NASCAR), the penalty drops Bowyer from 2nd in the driver point standings to 12th.(9-22-2010)
Ian-S
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by Ian-S »

but they didn't do sweet FA over the #11 and #48 failing tech did they?

Well they did, Oh put the car over there and we'll re examine it again in an hour Sir.... oh what a surprise, it's passed tech inspection now.

Smells like Childress said no to someone recently and they didn't like it....
strad
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member
Car(s) Currently Owned: 2004 Mustang SVT Cobra + Colorado

Post by strad »

body attachment points not right???????
Seeems a stretch...musta pissed someone off
If a man can't look at danger and still go on, man has stopped living. If the worst ever happens – then it means simply that I've been asked to pay the bill for the happiness of my life – without a moment's regret. Graham Hill
DaleJuniorFan
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by DaleJuniorFan »

Kasey Kahne will step into the 83 Red Bull Racing Toyota as of this week's race at Martinsville.

This, apparently just coming to light, is due to Richard Petty Motorsports being in financial dire straights, so much that they could possibly shut down after this weekend, leaving Elliott Sadler, A.J Allmendinger, and Paul Menard without a ride for the last 4 races.

And if that's the case, no ride for Ambrose in 2011.
Ian-S
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by Ian-S »

You know who owns RPM don't you?
Kahne was sacked, but only after basically accusing the team of trying to kill him.
DaleJuniorFan
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by DaleJuniorFan »

Ian-S wrote:You know who owns RPM don't you?
Yeah, George Gillett and Richard Petty (Mostly Gillett). Your point?
DoubleFault
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by DoubleFault »

DaleJuniorFan wrote:
Ian-S wrote:You know who owns RPM don't you?
Yeah, George Gillett and Richard Petty (Mostly Gillett). Your point?
Gillett has no money.