NASCAR Driver Kevin Grubb Found Dead

All NASCAR Cup and general stock car discussion, including the Xfinity, ARCA and any feeder series.
Ian-S
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

NASCAR Driver Kevin Grubb Found Dead

Post by Ian-S »

Suspended Nationwide Series Driver Kevin Grubb Found Dead

NASCAR veteran Kevin Grubb, a longtime competitor in the Nationwide Series, was found dead Wednesday morning in a Richmond-area hotel. He was just 31. Henrico County police claim Grubb, a native of nearby Mechanicsville, was discovered in the Alpine Motel just after 11:30 AM. The cause of death has not yet been released pending notification of next of kin, but a source tells the Frontstretch Grubb died from a self-induced gunshot wound to the head in what appears to be a tragic suicide.

Grubb competed in 174 Nationwide Series races in a career that spanned from 1997-2006. He won one pole position, at Dover in 1998 with his family-owned operation; his best ever finish of second came in that very same event. Driving for a handful of different organizations, his best years were with the old No. 37 Timber Wolf team formerly owned by Clarence Brewer. In three years driving that car from 1999-2001, Grubb scored six top 5 and eighteen top 10 finishes.

Later in the decade, though, Grubb's promising career would suddenly begin to unravel. In March of 2004, he failed a NASCAR-administered drug test and was suspended for over two years due to violations of the sport's substance abuse policy. Reinstated in June of 2006, Grubb appeared to be in the midst of a successful comeback, running a handful of races for Mac Hill Motorsports and scoring one top 10 before a mysterious series of events that September led to a second, permanent suspension from the sport. After crashing out of a race at Richmond, Grubb was asked to submit to a drug test he reportedly refused to take. As a result, the sport took action once again, taking that refusal as an admission of guilt and banning him from competition.

Grubb's brother Wayne is currently the car chief for Baker Curb Racing in the Nationwide Series. No details on arrangements or comments from the family have been released at this time.
I am very sorry if you find my posts long and boring, I like to type and often go off on a tangent.
If this is the case, you may click here to solve the problem, or alternatively here too.
kals
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1..BTCC..MotoGP
Favourite Racing Car: Benetton B189
Favourite Circuit: Donington Park

Post by kals »

Oh dear, that is sad.
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 49
Favourite Driver: Gilles Villeneuve, James Hunt
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X JDM

Post by PTRACER »

Hmmm, nasty business.
Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

King of the Race Track, Destroyer of Tyres, Breaker of Lap Records
erwin greven
Staff
Staff
Favourite Motorsport: Endurance Racing
Favourite Racing Car: Lancia Delta 038 S4 Group B
Favourite Driver: Ronnie Peterson
Favourite Circuit: Nuerburgring Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Peugeot 206 SW Air-Line 3 2007

Post by erwin greven »

RIP Kevin. :sorrow:
Brian Redman: "Mr. Fangio, how do you come so fast?" "More throttle, less brakes...."
HC

Post by HC »

He committed suicide by shooting himself in the head. Sorry, but it is tragic, but when you take your own life you lose all my respect.
StrtRacrZ
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by StrtRacrZ »

Wow.... :sorrow:
SBan83

Post by SBan83 »

He hasn't lost my respect, but gained my sympathy. May his soul rest in peace.
CAXEMIRA
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CAXEMIRA »

ALWAYS SAD TO READ THESE NEWS.R.I.P MAN