2022 NASCAR Discussion

All NASCAR Cup and general stock car discussion, including the Xfinity, ARCA and any feeder series.
Microsprinter18
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Microsprinter18 »

Bottom post of the previous page:

acerogers58 wrote: 1 year ago I think this is probably fake but we shall see
Team Stange 2.0
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents.
Microsprinter18
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Ty Gibbs continues to fill in for Kurt Busch. I'm assuming he'll be in the 45 till the playoffs start.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents.
Microsprinter18
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Another possible Cup team has surfaced, and this time it seems legit. A redditor reached out to the team and they plan to run the last five races of the year, a third of the schedule next year, and shoot for full time racing in 2024.

Sounds like this year they're putting a "2 time 24h LeMans winner with a strong European background" in for the Charlotte roval and a "very experienced and well known American NASCAR driver" in for the final four races.

Earl Bamber and Justin Allgaier are the leading prospects.
Vassago
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1, IndyCar
Favourite Driver: Senna, Clark, Montoya
Favourite Circuit: Circuit Gilles Villeneuve

Post by Vassago »

Heavy head-on crash for Austin Cindric in Michigan.

JJ Yeley was slow in the middle of the pack to cause a bottleneck effect.

WTF is Yeley still doing in NASCAR in 2022? :rolleyes:
07.04.1968 - Flower of Scotland when will we see your like again?
01.05.1994 - We'll never forget...
acerogers58
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by acerogers58 »

Vassago wrote: 1 year ago WTF is Yeley still doing in NASCAR in 2022? :rolleyes:
He has the most starts across NASCAR without a win for a reason :haha:
Microsprinter18
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Entry lists for Richmond:
Trucks 42
Cup 36
Microsprinter18
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Mike Rockenfeller will make his NASCAR debut at Watkins Glen in car #77, he also plans to run the Charlotte Roval.
Microsprinter18
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Noah Gragson will drive the #42 Petty GMS car next year.
Vassago
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1, IndyCar
Favourite Driver: Senna, Clark, Montoya
Favourite Circuit: Circuit Gilles Villeneuve

Post by Vassago »

Well, he has a chance to depose Chastain as the least popular driver in the field? :tongue:
07.04.1968 - Flower of Scotland when will we see your like again?
01.05.1994 - We'll never forget...
acerogers58
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by acerogers58 »

He'd wanna hope that team makes significant improvements over the offseason, they have been dreadful this year while the #43 has run well.
acerogers58
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by acerogers58 »

Kurt Busch will miss yet another race due to ongoing concussion problems.
SBan83

Post by SBan83 »

At this point, he should just quit like Dale Jr. did. He's at the tail end of his career anyway, and any more such hits till they fix this new car's low-speed impact issues could possibly do him in.
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Kimi,Niki,Jim(none called Michael)
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: Audi SQ5 3.0L V6 TwinTurbo
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Post by Everso Biggyballies »

Kimi Raikkonen got his first taste of a NASCAR Next Gen car at VIRginia International Raceway today, ahead of his Cup Series debut at Watkins Glen next weekend.

Kimi will drive for Trackhouse Racing in the road course race at Watkins Glen on 21 August, driving a Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 alongside team-mates Daniel Suarez and Ross Chastain.

It will mark his first outing in a motorsport event since he called time on his 349-race F1 career last December with his final appearance for Alfa Romeo at the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.

Raikkonen won't be the only Cup debutant in the field at Watkins Glen. He will be joined by fellow ex-F1 racer Daniil Kvyat, who has signed to race a Team Hezeberg Ford, and 2010 Le Mans 24 Hours winner Mike Rockenfeller in a Team Spire Chevrolet.

I just hope he has fun, keeps out of trouble and beats Kvyat. :wink:

* I started life with nothing, and still have most of it left

“Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows!” (Walter Röhrl)

* I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always
acerogers58
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by acerogers58 »

SBan83 wrote: 1 year ago At this point, he should just quit like Dale Jr. did. He's at the tail end of his career anyway, and any more such hits till they fix this new car's low-speed impact issues could possibly do him in.
100% agree, I would guarantee he has had multiple undocumented concussions in the past, many drivers have reported taking the “hardest hits of their careers” this season.
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Kimi,Niki,Jim(none called Michael)
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: Audi SQ5 3.0L V6 TwinTurbo
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Post by Everso Biggyballies »

acerogers58 wrote: 1 year ago
SBan83 wrote: 1 year ago At this point, he should just quit like Dale Jr. did. He's at the tail end of his career anyway, and any more such hits till they fix this new car's low-speed impact issues could possibly do him in.
100% agree, I would guarantee he has had multiple undocumented concussions in the past, many drivers have reported taking the “hardest hits of their careers” this season.
ISTR an article / interview with Junior that confirmed just that, back in the days when no one racing would tike time out when they felt fine. I guess now of course all the imaging resources and MRI's CAT scans which were never available routinely to people gives medics something more tangible to help their treatments and decisions.

* I started life with nothing, and still have most of it left

“Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows!” (Walter Röhrl)

* I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always
acerogers58
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by acerogers58 »

Everso Biggyballies wrote: 1 year ago
acerogers58 wrote: 1 year ago
ISTR an article / interview with Junior that confirmed just that, back in the days when no one racing would tike time out when they felt fine. I guess now of course all the imaging resources and MRI's CAT scans which were never available routinely to people gives medics something more tangible to help their treatments and decisions.
I feel like they've only started taking it seriously the last few years, this interview is rather infamous and the fact he was even released from the infield care center at the time was a disgrace.