2022 NASCAR Discussion

All NASCAR Cup and general stock car discussion, including the Xfinity, ARCA and any feeder series.
Microsprinter18
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Microsprinter18 »

Bottom post of the previous page:

Entries for Charlotte
Trucks 37
Xfinity 42
Cup 37

26 for ARCA
Last edited by Microsprinter18 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents.
acerogers58
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by acerogers58 »

Microsprinter18
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Trackhouse Racing Team will field a third car (no.91) for a few races with an "International" driver behind the wheel. Just what we need, Tarso Marques and another open wheel reject on the same track together.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents.
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Kimi,Niki,Jim(none called Michael)
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: Audi SQ5 3.0L V6 TwinTurbo
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Post by Everso Biggyballies »

Microsprinter18 wrote: 1 year ago Trackhouse Racing Team will field a third car (no.91) for a few races with an "International" driver behind the wheel. Just what we need, Tarso Marques and another open wheel reject on the same track together.
Tarso should fit right in.... he's been doing a lot of tin top racing, in partiular stock car racing in Brazil for many years (he finished F1 in 2001. With a bit of Champ car for a year tossed in the middle .
But I get your point.

* I started life with nothing, and still have most of it left

“Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows!” (Walter Röhrl)

* I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always
Microsprinter18
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Everso Biggyballies wrote: 1 year ago Tarso should fit right in.... he's been doing a lot of tin top racing, in partiular stock car racing in Brazil for many years (he finished F1 in 2001. With a bit of Champ car for a year tossed in the middle .
But I get your point.
Here's hoping...one of races Team Stange is scheduled to compete in is at Daytona in August. Don't know how Marques is going to get approved to run superspeedways but I'm assuming they're probably gonna end up putting someone like Riley Herbst or Zane Smith in the car for ovals.
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Microsprinter18 wrote: 1 year ago
Everso Biggyballies wrote: 1 year ago Tarso should fit right in.... he's been doing a lot of tin top racing, in partiular stock car racing in Brazil for many years (he finished F1 in 2001. With a bit of Champ car for a year tossed in the middle .
But I get your point.
Here's hoping...one of races Team Stange is scheduled to compete in is at Daytona in August. Don't know how Marques is going to get approved to run superspeedways but I'm assuming they're probably gonna end up putting someone like Riley Herbst or Zane Smith in the car for ovals.
Thats pretty much on the mark I think. Pretty sure they dont run any Speedways let alone Superspeedways in Brazilian / South American stock cars.... all road tracks with the odd run on a street circuit. So zip speedway experience outside his Champcar runs. (Almost a full season in 2000 for two different teams , plus a couple of half seasons. Got a 20th once at Milwaukee and a 12th at Michigan!)

Microsprinter18
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Safe to say Mr. Kimi Raikkonen is a candidate for the #91 Trackhouse car, he posted a big question mark on his instagram today.

Microsprinter18 wrote: 1 year ago "Mosack" has to be up there too :rofl:
Speaking of this Mosack fellow, he landed himself a big opportunity here.
Microsprinter18
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Kimi will be the driver of the third Trackhouse car at The Glen.
Hjduduud

Post by Hjduduud »

Wow, that'll be interesting.
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Microsprinter18 wrote: 1 year ago Kimi will be the driver of the third Trackhouse car at The Glen.
This is what Kimi had to say about it in Motorsport Mag.. Predictably just a couple of lines ending up with a "Never been to the track before, never driven the car before, I'm sure we will work something out" :haha:
Kimi Räikkönen is set to make his return to motor sport at the wheel of a Chevrolet Camaro NASCAR Cup car at Watkins Glen in August.

The 2007 F1 world champion, who retired last season after 19 years on the sport, will join the Trackhouse Racing team as part of its PROJECT91 initiative, which will see guest drivers compete in one-off NASCAR races.

The Finn has previously said he had not entertained ideas of racing again, but that he had been persuaded by his past stock car experience.

“We had more talks about it, how would it work, where the race would be, and all sorts of other things,” said Raikkonen. “There’s a lot of things involved, and it all made sense for me.

“It’s one race, so it made sense for all of us as a family. I always enjoyed it when I had my few races [in the US].

“Hopefully we have a good race and good fun. Obviously it’s a new car and I’ve never been at the track. But I’m sure we can figure it out.”
ImageCHARLOTTE, NC - MAY 28: Kimi Raikkonen, driver of the #87 Perky Jerky Toyota, leads a group of cars during the NASCAR Nationwide Series Top Gear 300 at Charlotte Motor Speedway on May 28, 2011 in Charlotte, North Carolina.

DaleJuniorFan
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1, Indycar

Post by DaleJuniorFan »

Everso Biggyballies wrote: 1 year ago
DaleJuniorFan wrote: 1 year ago Having two guys in the race named "Tinkle" and "Kok" may be the most ARCA thing I've ever seen. :haha:
"Mosack" has to be up there too :rofl:
Where is Jack Goff from British Touring Cars when you need him. :wink:
(We have a thread of funny driver names btw. viewtopic.php?f=32&t=2760&start=225
Start from the last page and work back.... the names at the start are a bit more serious, Dick Trickle being the exception.
You know what this thread is missing?

Chicken cock.
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

DaleJuniorFan wrote: 1 year ago
Everso Biggyballies wrote: 1 year ago
DaleJuniorFan wrote: 1 year ago Having two guys in the race named "Tinkle" and "Kok" may be the most ARCA thing I've ever seen. :haha:
"Mosack" has to be up there too :rofl:
Where is Jack Goff from British Touring Cars when you need him. :wink:
(We have a thread of funny driver names btw. viewtopic.php?f=32&t=2760&start=225
Start from the last page and work back.... the names at the start are a bit more serious, Dick Trickle being the exception.
You know what this thread is missing?

Chicken cock.
Hehehe Actually first glance I thought you were saying the "Funny Names" thread was missing so I found it in Nostalgia and bumped it. Then I realised what you were actually saying! Good addition and probably should be in the other thread as well. :haha:

Microsprinter18
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Drove two and a half hours to see an Xfinity driver win an ARCA race and a Cup driver win a truck race. Bummer.
acerogers58
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by acerogers58 »

I'd hate to work for this guy
Microsprinter18
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Buescher just launched his car into a big roll. First time a Cup car has seen a track other than Daytona or Talladega upside down since Watkins Glen 2011.
Microsprinter18
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

This is nucking futs.