IndyCar Series at Iowa Speedway *Spoilers*

Including the Indy 500 and all junior series leading up to IndyCar
Cheeveer
Favourite Racing Car: Panoz GTR1
Favourite Driver: Alex Zanardi
Favourite Circuit: Bathurst

IndyCar Series at Iowa Speedway *Spoilers*

Post by Cheeveer »

What a weird race going on. On lap 1 Dan Wheldon crashes. Favorite #1 out.
Polesitter Scott Dixon loses electronics soon after that. Favorite #2 out.
Helio Castroneves, who had led almost the whole race, loses 4 laps after spinning exiting pitroad. Favorite #3 out.
Tony Kaanan crashes a few minutes ago. Favorite #4 out.

:shock:
***Some say you should live each day like it was your last... but who wants to live each day in wild panic and extreme death anxiety?

The universe, look at the hugeness of it... it is a dizzying thought that little ol' me is the centre of it all!***
DoubleFault
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by DoubleFault »

Damn, switched off after 26 laps!
Cheeveer

Post by Cheeveer »

Now Sam Hornish Jr out too! Big crash on a restart, taking out 5 or 6 cars, including both Penske's. :shock:
Only Franchitti left of those you could call prerace favorites!
***Some say you should live each day like it was your last... but who wants to live each day in wild panic and extreme death anxiety?

The universe, look at the hugeness of it... it is a dizzying thought that little ol' me is the centre of it all!***
DoubleFault
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by DoubleFault »

Well that restart crash shouldnt have happened, that was poor driving on the restart by those 3 that contacted, plus franchitti - 4 wide ON the line? not on.

Can anybody update me? I had to turn off after 188 laps because i dont control the tv!
Cheeveer

Post by Cheeveer »

DoubleFault wrote:Well that restart crash shouldnt have happened, that was poor driving on the restart by those 3 that contacted, plus franchitti - 4 wide ON the line? not on.

Can anybody update me? I had to turn off after 188 laps because i dont control the tv!
If not you, who is the man in the house then? :wink:

Meira's suspension snapped whilst braking for the pits, a few laps later a caution that bunched up Franchitti and Andretti. Franchitti led with about 4 seconds after the last pit stop. He went on to win a car length ahead of Andretti with Scott Sharp 3rd.
The exiting part was the first half.

F1FanWoodsie
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Circuit: Spa Francorchamps

Post by F1FanWoodsie »

Interesting race, but I'm not so sure that track out here is built for these cars. It's very small and the banking is not adequate enough to have the passing and "constant three-wide racing" the builders kept talking about here. Plus it's not long enough to get adequate drafts and be able to pass in the tight corners. Decent crowd there, though, so that was nice. Sounds like the guys from American Chopper also unveiled a bike before the race (too bad I was stuck in the nasty traffic :roll: grr...). I'll post some pictures when I upload them.
Cheeveer

Post by Cheeveer »

I think that with the superspeedway aero package, the racing could've been better.

F1FanWoodsie
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Circuit: Spa Francorchamps

Post by F1FanWoodsie »

Did anyone hear of Danica's exploits with her fans?

Sounds like she was over signing autographs when more and more people kept coming over to her (including a group of young girls looking for autographs). She wasn't talking to the people much, nor was she smiling. All at once she said "I've had enough of this," and decided to walk away. Needless to say that only after ten minutes of signing, the people were disappointed.

After a while, Sarah Fisher had been informed of Danica's actions, so Sarah went to the fans and spent over half an hour signing autographs, taking pictures, etc.

I never HAVE been a Danica fan, and I would hope that after that, those young girls change who their idol and role model would be.
DoubleFault
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by DoubleFault »

I had a similar situation at the GB Rally in 1999, Colin McRae was supposed to come over and sign autographs at a designated time but decided he wouldnt show up. Instead i met Richard Burns and apart from Tony Jardine and Martin Brundle, he was the nicest "Celebrity" i have ever met because he had a real bond with the fans and would talk to you. He had a grin and a smile when i said "good luck in the rally" and that memory will stick with me forever.

Up to that point i had been a McRae fan but his actions that day, and meeting Burnsie changed that and i supported RB from that Rally on.