Favourite Motorsport: Openwheel
Favourite Racing Car: Tyrrell P34/Protos
Favourite Driver: JV
Favourite Circuit: Road America

Post by MonteCristo »

Bottom post of the previous page:

Bourdais doing IMSA full time but still hopes to do some Indycar next year:

https://racer.com/2021/10/20/no-goodbye ... imsa-deal/
There are five date conflicts between IMSA and IndyCar in 2022, with Sebring/Texas in March, WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca/Barber and Mid-Ohio/Indy Grand Prix in May, Canadian Tire Motorsports Park/Mid-Ohio in June, and Road America/Nashville in August.

If Bourdais is able to return, he’d be available for 12 of the 17 IndyCar rounds. After finishing on a high by driving from 22nd to eighth at the IndyCar season finale in Long Beach, there’s a strong desire to keep the momentum going with the No. 14 Chevy.
Oscar Piastri in F1! Catch the fever! Vettel Hate Club. Life membership.

2012 GTP Non-Championship Champion | 2012 Guess the Kai-Star Half Marathon Time Champion | 2018 GTP Champion | 2019 GTP Champion
MonteCristo

Post by MonteCristo »

Vassago wrote: 2 years ago Christian Lundgaard will be Sato's replacement in the #30 RLL.

https://www.motorsport.com/indycar/news ... t/6692961/
Well, he had a nice cameo last year. Good luck to him!

2012 GTP Non-Championship Champion | 2012 Guess the Kai-Star Half Marathon Time Champion | 2018 GTP Champion | 2019 GTP Champion
MonteCristo

Post by MonteCristo »

MonteCristo wrote: 2 years ago And here's today's lulz:
Here’s a fun one to close: The first outing for Stefan Wilson and Cusick Motorsports went so well in May at the Indy 500 with the No. 25 Andretti Autosport Honda entry, Wilson and Don Cusick have been actively exploring how they might return with either a part- or full-time program for the Briton. Finding the right team with an available entry is said to be the main obstacle to overcome, and if an existing team fails to welcome Wilson and Cusick into the family, could the duo turn Cusick Motorsports into a standalone team in the next year or two? Watch this space.
And here's more on this lulz:

https://racer.com/2021/10/19/cusick-set ... r-program/
A lifetime of love for motor racing has inspired Don Cusick to become the NTT IndyCar Series’ newest full-time team owner. Recently retired from a long career as the founder and CEO of a medical device manufacturing company, Cusick and his wife Carolyn partnered to fund Stefan Wilson’s ride at Andretti Autosport in May’s Indy 500 (main image). They continue to work with the Briton and advisor Anders Krohn to turn Cusick Motorsports into a fixture within the IndyCar paddock.

“I want to go full-time IndyCar racing, and I have no objection to owning the complete team,” Cusick told RACER. “But as Anders and Stefan so wisely pointed out, in order to really be successful, you’ve got to associate with a solid team when you’re starting out. And that’s what’s we’re working on first.”

The group began by looking to buy Carlin Racing’s IndyCar assets to start their own team. But with a new hybrid engine package coming in 2023 and significant changes – and costs – involved with converting the current Dallara DW12s into race-ready cars for the upcoming 2.4-liter twin-turbo V6 formula, the decision was made to wait on forming a standalone team in favor of funding an entry at an established program. Ongoing talks are taking place with a number of teams.
Fine that they want to race. I would too if I had the Coyne, erm, coin. And buying an existing team or aligning with one rather than going all in at the start (aka, the Shank strategy) makes sense.

But WILSON?!?

MonteCristo

Post by MonteCristo »

MonteCristo wrote: 2 years ago Hulk to test for McLaren at Barber:

https://www.speedcafe.com/2021/10/20/hu ... claren-sp/
Turns out that it'll be a very busy day at Barber, with more than the Hulk running, as per this Racer article:

https://racer.com/2021/10/19/barber-tes ... car-field/

RHR testing wtih Special Ed Racing.

David Malukas testing for Coyne.

Kyle Kirkwood and Devlin DeFrancesco back again for a second test at Andretti.

And Foyt to test Logan Sargeant, who finished third in F3 last year, but was rather pants this year after a team change.

Cheeveer
Favourite Racing Car: Panoz GTR1
Favourite Driver: Alex Zanardi
Favourite Circuit: Bathurst

Post by Cheeveer »

MonteCristo wrote: 2 years ago
Vassago wrote: 2 years ago Christian Lundgaard will be Sato's replacement in the #30 RLL.

https://www.motorsport.com/indycar/news ... t/6692961/
Well, he had a nice cameo last year. Good luck to him!
Ferrucci meanwhile:

***Some say you should live each day like it was your last... but who wants to live each day in wild panic and extreme death anxiety?

The universe, look at the hugeness of it... it is a dizzying thought that little ol' me is the centre of it all!***
MonteCristo

Post by MonteCristo »

MonteCristo wrote: 2 years ago And Foyt to test Logan Sargeant, who finished third in F3 last year, but was rather pants this year after a team change.
And ... now it's not happening:

https://racer.com/2021/10/21/sargeants- ... alled-off/

That's disappointing.

MonteCristo

Post by MonteCristo »

Bad news :(. Penske down to three cars: https://racer.com/2021/10/26/penske-con ... -campaign/

However, in epic news: Vandoorne set for Arrow McLaren SP IndyCar test: https://racer.com/2021/10/26/vandoorne- ... ycar-test/

And this would make sense: Juncos Hollinger Racing and Carlin Racing are discussing whether a collaboration between the single-car teams might be in their best interest: https://racer.com/2021/10/26/juncos-hol ... ar-tie-in/

But it would indicate that Carlin won't have two cars in 2022.

Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Kimi,Niki,Jim(none called Michael)
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: Audi SQ5 3.0L V6 TwinTurbo
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Post by Everso Biggyballies »

MonteCristo wrote: 2 years ago Bad news :(. Penske down to three cars: https://racer.com/2021/10/26/penske-con ... -campaign/
I had a quick panic moment then that it might have been Scotty Mac on the outer as I couldnt recall whether he was a one year deal or had gone over on a multi year deal. All good, and pags has another ride sorted.

* I started life with nothing, and still have most of it left

“Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows!” (Walter Röhrl)

* I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always
MonteCristo

Post by MonteCristo »

Everso Biggyballies wrote: 2 years ago
MonteCristo wrote: 2 years ago Bad news :(. Penske down to three cars: https://racer.com/2021/10/26/penske-con ... -campaign/
I had a quick panic moment then that it might have been Scotty Mac on the outer as I couldnt recall whether he was a one year deal or had gone over on a multi year deal. All good, and pags has another ride sorted.
Yeah with Shank adding a second car full time it's just a straight swap for car count.

McLaren making a lot of noise about adding a third car for the latter part of the season though, so hopefully we'll end up with a zero sum game in the end with total season car counts (eg: when like this year Penske had four, and Shank had the second car part time for Helio).

Juncos also spoke about running two cars eventually when they first announced their return. So hopefully they add a second car for some events next year as well.

MonteCristo

Post by MonteCristo »

Urrrrrggghhh...

https://racer.com/2021/11/09/kirkwood-s ... -for-2022/
Reigning Indy Lights champion Kyle Kirkwood will become the next driver of A.J. Foyt Racing’s No. 14 Chevrolet.

RACER understands the native of Jupiter, Florida, is due to be confirmed this week as the full-time replacement for Sebastien Bourdais, who piloted the No. 14 to 16th in the NTT IndyCar Series championship with two top fives and four top 10s.
Where careers go to die for the past two decades. And if he teams up with Kellett he won't get much help there.

But at least a full time drive will give him a chance to shine at some races...?

John
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Post by John »

MonteCristo wrote: 2 years ago Urrrrrggghhh...

https://racer.com/2021/11/09/kirkwood-s ... -for-2022/
Reigning Indy Lights champion Kyle Kirkwood will become the next driver of A.J. Foyt Racing’s No. 14 Chevrolet.

RACER understands the native of Jupiter, Florida, is due to be confirmed this week as the full-time replacement for Sebastien Bourdais, who piloted the No. 14 to 16th in the NTT IndyCar Series championship with two top fives and four top 10s.
Where careers go to die for the past two decades. And if he teams up with Kellett he won't get much help there.

But at least a full time drive will give him a chance to shine at some races...?
Eh, he could at least piss on Kellett for a year waiting for other rides to open up.
2018 GTP Accuracy champion.

CEREAL IS A SOUP.
Cheeveer
Favourite Racing Car: Panoz GTR1
Favourite Driver: Alex Zanardi
Favourite Circuit: Bathurst

Post by Cheeveer »

Confirmed today. Kirkwood will race the #14 in 2022. It's 50/50 in my book whether it'll work out well in the long run, but it beats sitting on the sidelines.
***Some say you should live each day like it was your last... but who wants to live each day in wild panic and extreme death anxiety?

The universe, look at the hugeness of it... it is a dizzying thought that little ol' me is the centre of it all!***
MonteCristo

Post by MonteCristo »

Cheeveer wrote: 2 years ago it beats sitting on the sidelines.
Definitely. But literally any other Indycar ride would have been better... Maybe Carlin would be the same.

In the end though, if the money was there, so be it.

But I'll be cheering for him. First heard about him two years ago and have been following him since. Excited to see if he's the real thing.

MonteCristo

Post by MonteCristo »

Holland’s Nyck de Vries, the 2019 FIA Formula 2 champion and 2021 Formula E title winner, will partake in his first NTT IndyCar Series test on December 6 at Sebring International Raceway with Meyer Shank Racing.

His Mercedes-EQ teammate Stoffel Vandoorne will also be in attendance with Arrow McLaren SP, as the former McLaren Formula 1 driver completes his first IndyCar test. Both teams will make use of an “evaluation day” test opportunity made possible by the series.
https://racer.com/2021/11/17/mercedes-f ... t-sebring/

Would be great to see both of them in Indycar.

In less great news...
The Air Force will not move forward as sponsor of the No. 20 Ed Carpenter Racing Chevy shared by its team owner and Conor Daly, who brought the military branch to ECR after stops at Dale Coyne Racing and Andretti Autosport with Air Force funding.

“They are entirely out of IndyCar,” Daly told RACER. “We actually got this decision a little while ago.”

Despite the setback, Daly and ECR continue to discuss their post-Air Force options.

“Ed and I spoke today about that, and I have other sponsors, other funding, that I’ve been developing in case the Air Force pulled out,” Daly said. “So what does the future look like for me right now? Too early to tell, but I am super thankful to have had the Air Force with me for all these years, and to have represented them to the best of my ability. But these things change every day in racing, so I was never going to bank on one sponsor being make or break for me.”
https://racer.com/2021/11/17/air-force- ... r-indycar/

MonteCristo

Post by MonteCristo »

ECR will give England’s Jack Aitken his first run in an IndyCar, which comes after the British driver recovered from a broken collarbone and compression fracture to his upper spine in a GT racing incident in August.
https://racer.com/2021/12/01/aitken-and ... ycar-test/

At Sebring on Monday 6 December alongside Ilott at Juncos, Stoffel Vandoorne at McLaren, and Nyck de Vries at Shank.

Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Kimi,Niki,Jim(none called Michael)
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: Audi SQ5 3.0L V6 TwinTurbo
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Post by Everso Biggyballies »

MonteCristo wrote: 2 years ago
ECR will give England’s Jack Aitken his first run in an IndyCar, which comes after the British driver recovered from a broken collarbone and compression fracture to his upper spine in a GT racing incident in August.
https://racer.com/2021/12/01/aitken-and ... ycar-test/

At Sebring on Monday 6 December alongside Ilott at Juncos, Stoffel Vandoorne at McLaren, and Nyck de Vries at Shank.
I realise its only a test and may not come to anything but more Euro drivers has to be good. Obviously guys seeing RG and ME doing ok in the series now thinking / realising it (Indy) is a better option than an F1 sim job with only a threat of a real drive if they stay in Europe.... Good luck to them. Can only be good for the status of Indycar.

* I started life with nothing, and still have most of it left

“Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows!” (Walter Röhrl)

* I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always