2021 R2 - St. Petersburg

Including the Indy 500 and all junior series leading up to IndyCar
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Kimi,Niki,Jim(none called Michael)
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: Audi SQ5 3.0L V6 TwinTurbo
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Post by Everso Biggyballies »

Bottom post of the previous page:

Ruslan wrote: 2 years ago
Well sorry to you guys if my remarks left you cold (@John @MonteCristo @Everso Biggyballies). In many respects, they were addressed to me. I have always been an big F1 fan. I was a big CART fan in the 1980s and 1990s, but watched it get destroyed by Tony George. So the reason I was back to watching the first two races of this season was actually because a couple of people on this forum are talking it up. So I figured I would give it another chance. I am sorry, but it did not really do the trick. Probably not going to invest the time to follow another series, as F1 is actually getting better now.
No skin off my nose. I am not a fervent follower of Indycar by any means, and personalyl do not get excited about ovals. My interest in Indycar this year is primarily down to following how the Ex F1 mob get on, especially the rookies, and other foreigners. Plus of course Scotty Mac due to his local connection with his V8SC background. In other words the interlopers trying something different to Euro / Asian racing. Plus the fear of missing out on something! :wink: And it is motor racing. :whistling:

The timing of the live broadcasts doesnt usually suit me in local time, and also the ad infested coverage and usually high content of FCY's doesnt do much towards keeping me awake.

* I started life with nothing, and still have most of it left

“Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows!” (Walter Röhrl)

* I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always
Ruslan
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Circuit: Monaco actually

Post by Ruslan »

John wrote: 2 years ago Oh that's fair enough bud. I think most, if not all of us remember when Indy used to be F1 1.5. It's still reeling from the split and will probably continue to do so for a decade yet.
Yea, I am not sure it will ever recover. The car culture and interest in racing in the U.S. has been in decline since the first gas crisis (1973). They have a solid series established, but it is not being feed by a lot of up-and-coming American talent. When I go to the local SCCA amateur races, a lot of the racers are more my age, not hungry young kids.
Vassago
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1, IndyCar
Favourite Driver: Senna, Clark, Montoya
Favourite Circuit: Circuit Gilles Villeneuve

Post by Vassago »

Everso Biggyballies wrote: 2 years ago
Ruslan wrote: 2 years ago
Well sorry to you guys if my remarks left you cold (@John @MonteCristo @Everso Biggyballies). In many respects, they were addressed to me. I have always been an big F1 fan. I was a big CART fan in the 1980s and 1990s, but watched it get destroyed by Tony George. So the reason I was back to watching the first two races of this season was actually because a couple of people on this forum are talking it up. So I figured I would give it another chance. I am sorry, but it did not really do the trick. Probably not going to invest the time to follow another series, as F1 is actually getting better now.
No skin off my nose. I am not a fervent follower of Indycar by any means, and personalyl do not get excited about ovals. My interest in Indycar this year is primarily down to following how the Ex F1 mob get on, especially the rookies, and other foreigners. Plus of course Scotty Mac due to his local connection with his V8SC background. In other words the interlopers trying something different to Euro / Asian racing. Plus the fear of missing out on something! :wink: And it is motor racing. :whistling:

The timing of the live broadcasts doesnt usually suit me in local time, and also the ad infested coverage and usually high content of FCY's doesnt do much towards keeping me awake.
One would imagine with Will Power and Scott Dixon making noise in IndyCar for so long you'd catch to IndyCars more often :tongue: Next week will be Dixon's maiden CART win 20th anniversary :whistling:
07.04.1968 - Flower of Scotland when will we see your like again?
01.05.1994 - We'll never forget...
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Kimi,Niki,Jim(none called Michael)
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: Audi SQ5 3.0L V6 TwinTurbo
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Post by Everso Biggyballies »

Vassago wrote: 2 years ago

One would imagine with Will Power and Scott Dixon making noise in IndyCar for so long you'd catch to IndyCars more often :tongue: Next week will be Dixon's maiden CART win 20th anniversary :whistling:
TBH Power I have never really been a fan of.... used to be a bit of a whinger in my eyes, but he does seemed to have settled down as years progress. Dixon I never class an an Aussie or even the Kiwi that he is. (Although he was born in Aus he moved and grew up in NZ)He has been Stateside now for so long I dont see him as other than an American. Again I have warmed more to him of late knowing that he still has roots and an involvement of sorts in Kiwi racing.

* I started life with nothing, and still have most of it left

“Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows!” (Walter Röhrl)

* I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always
MonteCristo
Favourite Motorsport: Openwheel
Favourite Racing Car: Tyrrell P34/Protos
Favourite Driver: JV
Favourite Circuit: Road America

Post by MonteCristo »

Everso Biggyballies wrote: 2 years ago
Vassago wrote: 2 years ago

TBH Power I have never really been a fan of.... used to be a bit of a whinger in my eyes, but he does seemed to have settled down as years progress. Dixon I never class an an Aussie or even the Kiwi that he is. (Although he was born in Aus he moved and grew up in NZ)He has been Stateside now for so long I dont see him as other than an American. Again I have warmed more to him of late knowing that he still has roots and an involvement of sorts in Kiwi racing.
Briscoe :P.

Aside: When I went to NZ early last year, Dixon was part of the Air New Zealand safety video. So clearly he must be somewhat of a known quantity over there, and it wasn't an overt "HERE IS KIWI RACING LEGEND SCOTT DIXON - YOU KNOW HIM, HE DRIVES CARS FAST AND IS FROM NEW ZEALAND" thing either - just him appearing.
Oscar Piastri in F1! Catch the fever! Vettel Hate Club. Life membership.

2012 GTP Non-Championship Champion | 2012 Guess the Kai-Star Half Marathon Time Champion | 2018 GTP Champion | 2019 GTP Champion