Including the Indy 500 and all junior series leading up to IndyCar
MonteCristo
Favourite Motorsport: Openwheel
Favourite Racing Car: Tyrrell P34/Protos
Favourite Driver: JV
Favourite Circuit: Road America

Post by MonteCristo »

Bottom post of the previous page:

They're likely not. But machines haven't taken over the world yet and still need people to look after them in case they gunk up, and they still need people to drive trucks and trains to move raw materials to make the things.

And if those people are holed up at home, then things are going to get disrupted.
Oscar Piastri in F1! Catch the fever! Vettel Hate Club. Life membership.

2012 GTP Non-Championship Champion | 2012 Guess the Kai-Star Half Marathon Time Champion | 2018 GTP Champion | 2019 GTP Champion
John
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Post by John »

jimclark wrote: 3 years ago
Any how, I thought it was far more entertaining than the usual draft fest that's usually de rigeur on big ovals; more of a driver's test.
As such, I vote for more traction goo on more circuits in the future.....(hmm, Indy on the front and back straights....????) ;)

You'll like last year's race then. It was just like the races were in the 1990's. The current aero kit has gone a long way in removing the awful pack racing. Those who grew up after the 1990's are probably too young to rejoice, but for those of us who were around when CART was at it's best, it's fantastic to see the direction the series is heading in.

I would love a second chassis manufacturer, but the series is still fragile and you probably wouldn't want to rock the boat too much yet.
2018 GTP Accuracy champion.

CEREAL IS A SOUP.
jimclark
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Favourite Motorsport: auto racing (just about all)
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus49B
Favourite Driver: Hafta' ask??? Aie yi-yi...
Favourite Circuit: Bridgehampton, NY; 'golf course now

Post by jimclark »

MonteCristo wrote: 3 years ago They're likely not. But machines haven't taken over the world yet and still need people to look after them in case they gunk up, and they still need people to drive trucks and trains to move raw materials to make the things.

And if those people are holed up at home, then things are going to get disrupted.
I would have thought that you would have thought that I would have thought of that (phew!). I had.
But don't you think that those working in the racing division are a different breed and would have gone in and got the job done? I do, and would hope that that's at least the kind of commitment was working on my 200+ mph tires...... ;)

In the end it doesn't matter. It is what it is. :down:
Those were the days my friends, we thought they'd never end.....

jimclark
jimclark
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by jimclark »

John wrote: 3 years agoit's fantastic to see the direction the series is heading in.
Maybe, but i wouldn't start counting my chickens yet. There's too much to risk in not pleasing the masses that are more interested in a "show" then real racing.

jimclark
MonteCristo

Post by MonteCristo »

jimclark wrote: 3 years ago
MonteCristo wrote: 3 years ago They're likely not. But machines haven't taken over the world yet and still need people to look after them in case they gunk up, and they still need people to drive trucks and trains to move raw materials to make the things.

I would have thought that you would have thought that I would have thought of that (phew!). I had.
But don't you think that those working in the racing division are a different breed and would have gone in and got the job done? I do, and would hope that that's at least the kind of commitment was working on my 200+ mph tires...... ;)

In the end it doesn't matter. It is what it is. :down:
*shrug* My workplace ordered me home.

If Firestone said you can't come in to work, then unless they have a tyre factory in their basement, I imagine it would be difficult to make tyres.

2012 GTP Non-Championship Champion | 2012 Guess the Kai-Star Half Marathon Time Champion | 2018 GTP Champion | 2019 GTP Champion
Ian-S
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by Ian-S »

If America was anything like the UK places were forced to shut, they were given 24 hours notice to close and not re-open until allowed to, factories, offices, pubs, theme parks etc. Our local industrial area was a ghost town so much so that they had dear and rabbits running through it most days.
I am very sorry if you find my posts long and boring, I like to type and often go off on a tangent.
If this is the case, you may click here to solve the problem, or alternatively here too.
jimclark
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by jimclark »

MonteCristo wrote: 3 years agoIf Firestone said you can't come in to work, then unless they have a tyre factory in their basement, I imagine it would be difficult to make tyres.
That's a mighty big IF. Being THE OFFICIAL TIRE of IndyCar, I don't see Firestone not fulfilling their obligation.That would be a big publicity hit just as the "35 lap" limit is.
It's not like the racing tire division has to crank out millions of tires with hundreds or thousands of workers. Protecting the employees wouldn't have been that difficult.
But, I don't know either so, like I said, it is what it is; it's in the past and that's that. :)

jimclark
MonteCristo

Post by MonteCristo »

In case anyone didn't see the race and is interested, here are the 30 minute highlights.