Ultimate Member

Post by John »

Bottom post of the previous page:

2018 GTP Accuracy champion.

CEREAL IS A SOUP.
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Kimi,Niki,Jim(none called Michael)
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: Audi SQ5 3.0L V6 TwinTurbo
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Post by Everso Biggyballies »

But in the same breath have delayed its introduction of hybrid engines until 2023.....
IndyCar delays hybrid power units to 2023

IndyCar has pushed back the introduction of its hybrid power unit formula to 2023 in an effort to spread out costs for teams and manufacturers in an uncertain economy.

The hybrid formula is part of a multi-year contract extension IndyCar has reached with Honda and Chevrolet, which promises a continuation of manufacturer competition and also provides opportunities for additional manufacturers to join the series.

The newly designed powertrain system also will provide a departure from the traditional, manual handheld starters and will let drivers restart the car quickly should it stall on the track.

This will benefit the AMR IndyCar Safety Team as it reduces exposure time on track and aims to improve the fan experience by reducing the number of caution flags on track.

Ted Klaus, president of Honda Performance Development, said: "Honda welcomes this step to the future by IndyCar, action that mirrors Honda's efforts to develop and manufacture high performance, electrified products that will meet industry challenges and delight our customers.

"At Honda, we race to develop our people, to innovate technologies and to engage fans. We are proud of our uninterrupted, 27-year leadership in INDYCAR, and look forward to delivering a next-generation Honda 2.4-litre hybrid power unit with more than 900 horsepower."

Dave Gardner, executive VP of National Operations for American Honda Motor Co., Inc. added: "Motorsports and competition help define who we are as a company.

"IndyCar's transition to an electrified formula aligns with our business direction in this region.

"We look forward to the thrilling new era ahead in North American motorsports."

Mark Reuss, president of General Motors, stated: "Chevrolet has enjoyed great success since joining the NTT IndyCar Series in 2012 with our 2.2-litre, twin-turbocharged, direct-injected V6 engine.

"We are thrilled to be moving forward with IndyCar because it's the perfect showcase for our engine technology, in the only open-wheel racing series in America, a high-tech, growing series that Roger Penske and his team are absolutely taking to the next level."
https://www.autosport.com/indycar/news/ ... ts-to-2023

* I started life with nothing, and still have most of it left

“Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows!” (Walter Röhrl)

* I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always
John
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Post by John »

https://racer.com/2020/10/03/1-million- ... er-battle/

1 million USD on stake in the battle for 21st in the championship. That's 15-20% of the season's budget. Yikes.

In these times, I wouldn't be half surprised if they (read: Marco) pull the plug on the 98 if they finish outside that bubble.

CEREAL IS A SOUP.
John
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Post by John »

CEREAL IS A SOUP.
John
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Post by John »

Askew just got the boot from ASPM, will still race at St Pete.

CEREAL IS A SOUP.
MonteCristo
Favourite Motorsport: Openwheel
Favourite Racing Car: Tyrrell P34/Protos
Favourite Driver: JV
Favourite Circuit: Road America

Post by MonteCristo »

Story: https://racer.com/2020/10/12/amsp-to-sp ... etersburg/

Hmmm. Not sure how I feel. In some way he's been better than I thought he would be (he was dire in the esports series, lol). But certainly slower than O'Ward (who is more experienced, to be fair).

Hopefully he can get another ride for a year or two to definitively decide if he's worthy of a long term Indycar career.
Oscar Piastri in F1! Catch the fever! Vettel Hate Club. Life membership.

2012 GTP Non-Championship Champion | 2012 Guess the Kai-Star Half Marathon Time Champion | 2018 GTP Champion | 2019 GTP Champion
John
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Post by John »

ASPM has confirmed Pato for next year.

CEREAL IS A SOUP.
MonteCristo

Post by MonteCristo »

John wrote: 3 years ago ASPM has confirmed Pato for next year.
https://www.motorsport.com/indycar/news ... p/4891529/

Felix Rosenqvist will leave Chip Ganassi Racing-Honda at season’s end to partner Pato O’Ward in the Arrow McLaren SP-Chevrolet team in 2021.

Multiple sources have now confirmed to Motorsport.com that the Swedish driver, who turns 29 in November, will next week end his time at Ganassi where he made his race debut with the team in March 2019, at St. Petersburg.

He will replace Oliver Askew, who it was announced yesterday would not be returning to the team in 2021 and will partner O’Ward who today was confirmed as remaining at Arrow McLaren SP.

Over his two seasons with Chip Ganassi’s legendary team, Rosenqvist has shone on several occasions, starting with that first race where he qualified third – ahead of team leader Scott Dixon – and led 31 laps before ultimately coming home fourth. He then took pole for the Grand Prix of Indianapolis on the IMS road course, took an exceedingly close second to Dixon at Mid-Ohio and scored another runner-up finish at Portland.

In the season finale at WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca, Rosenqvist overcame a penalty in qualifying to slice through the pack and finish fifth, clinching sixth place in the championship and Rookie of the Year title.

This season started badly, when he crashed out of second place at Texas while closing on race leader Dixon, but at Road America’s second race he triumphed, giving Ganassi a four-out-of-four run to open the season. His best result in the nine races since then has been fifth in the first round of the Harvest Grand Prix double-header, and he currently lies 10th in points.

Rosenqvist’s manager did not immediately respond to Motorsport.com’s quest for confirmation, while the team said only that the Arrow McLaren SP 2021 NTT IndyCar Series full driver lineup will be announced in due course.”

With Dixon under contract to Ganassi and Marcus Ericsson apparently set to stay in the #8 car, Chip Ganassi has also signed NASCAR legend Jimmie Johnson for 2021. Both team and driver are seeking sponsors to run him in a third car at road and street courses, while rumor continues to suggest that this entry will be raced on ovals by Tony Kanaan.

2012 GTP Non-Championship Champion | 2012 Guess the Kai-Star Half Marathon Time Champion | 2018 GTP Champion | 2019 GTP Champion
John
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Post by John »

What the hell.

CEREAL IS A SOUP.
DoubleFart
Elite Member
Elite Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1

Post by DoubleFart »

Well at least Felix is still in the series, and moving to SPAM is a win for me as i've slowly become a Mclaren fan since the black cloud of Alonso left and they've become a bit more fun.
Gavle Yule Goat Predictor 2018, 2019 and 2021 Champion
MonteCristo wrote: 2 years agoVettel: Not a fan at all on track. But off track, good guy.
John
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Post by John »

I'm questioning everything up to and including the things I took for granted now.

Is cereal even a soup any longer?

CEREAL IS A SOUP.
Cheeveer
Favourite Racing Car: Panoz GTR1
Favourite Driver: Alex Zanardi
Favourite Circuit: Bathurst

Post by Cheeveer »

I don't think that's a good thing.
***Some say you should live each day like it was your last... but who wants to live each day in wild panic and extreme death anxiety?

The universe, look at the hugeness of it... it is a dizzying thought that little ol' me is the centre of it all!***
MonteCristo

Post by MonteCristo »

John wrote: 3 years ago Is cereal even a soup any longer?
I never have mine with milk.

MonteCristo

Post by MonteCristo »

Looking at the state of the series, as long as somebody else takes his seat at CGR, and they have four cars, then frankly I don't care. It's a net gain as far as I'm concerned and that would be great.

If they stay at 3 cars, then it's equal. I can live with that too.

John
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Post by John »

CEREAL IS A SOUP.
John
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Post by John »

Reliable source, too.