Indycar 2018 - News and Discussion

Including the Indy 500 and all junior series leading up to IndyCar
John
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Post by John »

Bottom post of the previous page:

MonteCristo wrote: 5 years ago *clang clang* BRING OUT YOUR CARS *clang clang*
RACER.com has learned that Harding Racing is fielding cars for Pato O’Ward and Colton Herta in IndyCar’s 2018 season swansong at the road course in Northern California.

Nineteen-year-old O’Ward who captured the Lights title on the strength of nine wins and nine pole positions, is expected to be testing one of Harding’s Dallara/Chevys at Sonoma on Thursday.

Herta, the 18-year-old second generation star who scored four wins and finished second to O’Ward, tested for Harding earlier this summer and got high marks from the Indianapolis-based team.

https://racer.com/2018/09/02/harding-to ... at-sonoma/
Best of luck to the boys. Looking forward to this!

*clang clang* BRING OUT YOUR CARS *clang clang*
I'm not dead!
kals wrote: 5 years ago A perfectly ideal situation disrupted by a obnoxious racist who was outcast elsewhere for his obvious failings. The result being the old guard get a stay of execution which is in the best interest of few. How appropriate for the state of America.

You suck Ferucci, sod off back to your hole or whatever it is you and your family crawl out of every day.

Well at least Sato won.
You've been very angry as of late. The new dog shitting all over the house? :haha:
2018 GTP Accuracy champion.

CEREAL IS A SOUP.
kals
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1..BTCC..MotoGP
Favourite Racing Car: Benetton B189
Favourite Circuit: Donington Park

Post by kals »

Nah, all is good @John Misty is a wonderful addition to our family. She eats, sleeps, shits, and that’s about it.

As for Ferrucci, I’ve little time for him. I’m disappointed that so soon after his family was exposed for being the bigots they are they were welcomed back ‘home’ with open arms. Money talks. But anyhow, best of luck to him and his future endevours.
MonteCristo
Favourite Motorsport: Openwheel
Favourite Racing Car: Tyrrell P34/Protos
Favourite Driver: JV
Favourite Circuit: Road America

Post by MonteCristo »

Marshall Pruett has a chat to Santino Ferruci:

It's good to hear his side. Without being there, knowing what exactly was said and done, it's hard to say what the truth is. You can be sure the odd thing was skewed against him. But he comes across as wanting to be a victim, while there is plenty of evidence against him. I'm going to turn the dial down from complete fuck-knuckle, to utter knob, with the door open to crank it back up.
Oscar Piastri in F1! Catch the fever! Vettel Hate Club. Life membership.

2012 GTP Non-Championship Champion | 2012 Guess the Kai-Star Half Marathon Time Champion | 2018 GTP Champion | 2019 GTP Champion
John
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Post by John »

http://spmindycar.com/2018/09/06/medica ... t-wickens/

A full update of Wickens' list of injuries (damn....) from SPM. Extent of spinal cord injury still not fully clear.
2018 GTP Accuracy champion.

CEREAL IS A SOUP.
Antonov
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: MP4/13 ; F40
Favourite Driver: M. Hakkinen
Favourite Circuit: Some shitty street circuit
Car(s) Currently Owned: VW Golf GTI

Post by Antonov »

this seems to have gone unnoticed?

2019 IndyCar calendar

March 10 St Petersburg
March 24 Austin
April 7 Barber Motorsports Park
April 14 Long Beach
May 11 Indianapolis road course
May 26 Indianapolis 500
June 1-2 Detroit
June 8 Texas
June 23 Road America
July 14 Toronto
July 20 Iowa
July 28 Mid-Ohio
August 18 Pocono
August 24 Gateway
September 1 Portland
September 22 Laguna Seca

(fantastic news that Detroit has been extended, but there seem to be two dates?)
MonteCristo

Post by MonteCristo »

Antonov wrote: 5 years ago this seems to have gone unnoticed?

2019 IndyCar calendar

March 10 St Petersburg
March 24 Austin
April 7 Barber Motorsports Park
April 14 Long Beach
May 11 Indianapolis road course
May 26 Indianapolis 500
June 1-2 Detroit
June 8 Texas
June 23 Road America
July 14 Toronto
July 20 Iowa
July 28 Mid-Ohio
August 18 Pocono
August 24 Gateway
September 1 Portland
September 22 Laguna Seca

(fantastic news that Detroit has been extended, but there seem to be two dates?)
viewtopic.php?f=62&t=15675

And Detroit has two races. One on Saturday, one on Sunday. It's stupid.

2012 GTP Non-Championship Champion | 2012 Guess the Kai-Star Half Marathon Time Champion | 2018 GTP Champion | 2019 GTP Champion
Cheeveer
Favourite Racing Car: Panoz GTR1
Favourite Driver: Alex Zanardi
Favourite Circuit: Bathurst

Post by Cheeveer »

MonteCristo wrote: 5 years ago viewtopic.php?f=62&t=15675

And Detroit has two races. One on Saturday, one on Sunday. It's stupid.
No, it's glorious. I wish Toronto would be a double-header still.
***Some say you should live each day like it was your last... but who wants to live each day in wild panic and extreme death anxiety?

The universe, look at the hugeness of it... it is a dizzying thought that little ol' me is the centre of it all!***
xavier28
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by xavier28 »

Update on Robert Wickens

Horrible list of injuries

Source: https://www.motorsport.com/indycar/news ... 20/?nrt=86

Robert Wickens has undergone surgeries for his legs and hands, but his family has also decided to list the full injury toll from his huge accident at Pocono Raceway last month.
Wickens was last week transferred from Lehigh Valley Hospital in Pennsylvania to the IU Health Methodist Hospital in Indianapolis, and the legs and hands surgeries for the Schmidt Peterson Motorsports driver are described in the team’s official statement as being “completed without complication.”

The statement continues: “Wickens is expected to be transferred to a rehabilitation center in the coming days to begin the recovery process. The severity of the spinal cord injury he sustained in the incident remains indeterminate and under evaluation. Physicians stress it could take weeks or months for the full effects of the injury to be known.

The Wickens family stated: “We want to thank everyone for the outpouring of love, prayers and positive energy that has been sent our way since Robert’s accident. We are blown away by the strength of this IndyCar community and the support within it. While Robert’s recovery and rehabilitation continue over the coming weeks and months, your loving messages will certainly be a source of encouragement for him."

However, the family also decided to reveal the full extent of Wickens’ injuries to avoid speculation and correct those who apparently played it down.

"As unverified sources immediately following Robert's accident inaccurately and without permission portrayed his condition as less than severe,” read the statement, “in an effort to remain transparent and open, we are providing a list of Robert’s injuries to truly showcase the severity of what our son / brother / fiancé / friend / teammate has gone through and will be recovering from in the months to come.”

Among the injuries Wickens sustained were:

Thoracic spinal fracture
Spinal cord injury
Neck fracture
Tibia and fibula fractures to both legs
Fractures in both hands
Fractured right forearm
Fractured elbow
Four fractured ribs
Pulmonary contusion
Team co-owners Sam Schmidt and Ric Peterson added: “The IndyCar community has been nothing but supportive the last few weeks. We are grateful for their support as well as the exceptional care given to Robert by the AMR IndyCar Safety Team, the IndyCar Medical Staff, the surgeons and nursing staff at Lehigh Valley Hospital - Cedar Crest and everyone at IU Health Methodist Hospital.

“While Robert continues his recovery, we want to make it clear that the #6 entry is for Robert Wickens and him only. No matter the amount of time it takes for his full recovery, we will hold that seat for him.

“Carlos Munoz, the named driver for the last two events on the 2018 calendar is doing a great job for us to keep the #6 owner championship points alive, and we very much appreciate all the hard work he’s putting into helping us finish the season.

“The road to Robert’s recovery will be a long and tough one, but we hope you’ll be alongside us cheering him on. BETTER. STRONGER. FASTER.”

The SPM statement concluded: “An update will be provided when Wickens has been transferred to his rehabilitation facility. Further updates will come from Wickens.

"Alongside the team, he will document his recovery process and share updates at appropriate times. SPM, the Wickens family and Robert ask everyone to respect their request for privacy at this time.”

So strong were Wickens' performances in IndyCar that even in his absence, he wrapped up the Rookie of the Year title one race early, in Portland last weekend. He currently lies seventh in the championship, despite not even starting the previous two races.
Racing is in my blood, ( Senna @ adeliade press confrence after the he was excluded from the 1989 japanesse grand prix
MonteCristo

Post by MonteCristo »

Final round at Sonoma this weekend. Can't say I care about Rossi and Dixon too much. Go Power!

DoubleFart
Elite Member
Elite Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1

Post by DoubleFart »

I can't stand Will Power. Cheering Rossi.
Gavle Yule Goat Predictor 2018, 2019 and 2021 Champion
MonteCristo wrote: 2 years agoVettel: Not a fan at all on track. But off track, good guy.
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Kimi,Niki,Jim(none called Michael)
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: Audi SQ5 3.0L V6 TwinTurbo
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Post by Everso Biggyballies »

DoubleFart wrote: 5 years ago I can't stand Will Power. Cheering Rossi.
+1 on that score.

* I started life with nothing, and still have most of it left

“Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows!” (Walter Röhrl)

* I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always
Ian-S
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by Ian-S »

I was always a bit on the fence until his "show me respect motherfuckers!" at Indy. But I will be cheering Rossi, as much as Dixon is likable he's won it too many times and Indycar needs an all American hero to win at the moment, not another refugee.
I am very sorry if you find my posts long and boring, I like to type and often go off on a tangent.
If this is the case, you may click here to solve the problem, or alternatively here too.
MonteCristo

Post by MonteCristo »

Prac 1 times:

Prac 2 times:

O'Ward :jaw:.

Ian-S
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by Ian-S »

Chilton showing his excellent talent there, being second and all.

Oh the iPad was upside down, sorry 24th, go home Max, you're as bad as your brother, come one all but one of the rookies, some guys who have never sat in these cars until last week, are faster that you, what will the excuse be this week?
I am very sorry if you find my posts long and boring, I like to type and often go off on a tangent.
If this is the case, you may click here to solve the problem, or alternatively here too.
MonteCristo

Post by MonteCristo »

Qualifying:

O'Ward :jaw: :jaw: :jaw: :jaw:.

Cheeveer
Favourite Racing Car: Panoz GTR1
Favourite Driver: Alex Zanardi
Favourite Circuit: Bathurst

Post by Cheeveer »

That's impressive by O'Ward.
***Some say you should live each day like it was your last... but who wants to live each day in wild panic and extreme death anxiety?

The universe, look at the hugeness of it... it is a dizzying thought that little ol' me is the centre of it all!***