kals
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1..BTCC..MotoGP
Favourite Racing Car: Benetton B189
Favourite Circuit: Donington Park

Post by kals »

Bottom post of the previous page:

Some nice racing yesterday, especially between Power and Pagenaud.
caneparo
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Racing Car: Ferrari
Favourite Circuit: Monza
Car(s) Currently Owned: Fiat 500X

Post by caneparo »

I noticed how different Indicar drivers behave from F1 counterparts. It could be that the car are more difficult to drive but you never see some zig zagging or (verstappen) or closing (rosberg) like we're getting in F1. Pagenaud vs Power duel was fantastic!
I am from Italy, a country known for its history, cars, food, wine, and horny men
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Forged-In ... 565?ref=ts
kals
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by kals »

Hmmm so I guess you didn't see the incident between Castro Neves and Dixon then?
Cheeveer
Favourite Racing Car: Panoz GTR1
Favourite Driver: Alex Zanardi
Favourite Circuit: Bathurst

Post by Cheeveer »

caneparo wrote:I noticed how different Indicar drivers behave from F1 counterparts. It could be that the car are more difficult to drive but you never see some zig zagging or (verstappen) or closing (rosberg) like we're getting in F1. Pagenaud vs Power duel was fantastic!
The Helio/Dixon incident aside, that is because Indycar has set several very harsh precedents when it comes to blocking and forceful driving. At times the penalties have been silly though, but at least a culture that have formed Verstappen's defensive style has not yet shaped the driving standards.
***Some say you should live each day like it was your last... but who wants to live each day in wild panic and extreme death anxiety?

The universe, look at the hugeness of it... it is a dizzying thought that little ol' me is the centre of it all!***
LaraCroft2016
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1, Indycar, Nascar
Favourite Racing Car: Williams-Renault
Favourite Driver: Ayrton Senna, Dale Earnhardt
Favourite Circuit: Daytona, Talladega, Spa
Car(s) Currently Owned: no

Post by LaraCroft2016 »

Pagenaud is the favorite for the title this year.
"The attacks to the twin towers were planned since 1982" Osama Bin Laden in 2004
kals
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by kals »

Pagenaud will be a popular and very deserving champion.
MonteCristo
Favourite Motorsport: Openwheel
Favourite Racing Car: Tyrrell P34/Protos
Favourite Driver: JV
Favourite Circuit: Road America

Post by MonteCristo »

Still gunning for local boy Will, but I've liked Pagenaud since he was in Atlantics, so no tears will be shed!
Oscar Piastri in F1! Catch the fever! Vettel Hate Club. Life membership.

2012 GTP Non-Championship Champion | 2012 Guess the Kai-Star Half Marathon Time Champion | 2018 GTP Champion | 2019 GTP Champion
Cheeveer
Favourite Racing Car: Panoz GTR1
Favourite Driver: Alex Zanardi
Favourite Circuit: Bathurst

Post by Cheeveer »

Three-time Indy 500 starter Bryan Clauson has passed away after a wreck at a midget race in Nebraska. The best dirt open-wheel racer of his generation was doing his 116th race of his planned 200 race season when tragedy struck. may he rest in peace
***Some say you should live each day like it was your last... but who wants to live each day in wild panic and extreme death anxiety?

The universe, look at the hugeness of it... it is a dizzying thought that little ol' me is the centre of it all!***
kals
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by kals »

RIP Bryan
AaPee89
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Favourite Racing Car: Coyote 67
Favourite Driver: A. J. Foyt
Favourite Circuit: Nürburgring

Post by AaPee89 »

Cheeveer wrote:Three-time Indy 500 starter Bryan Clauson has passed away after a wreck at a midget race in Nebraska. The best dirt open-wheel racer of his generation was doing his 116th race of his planned 200 race season when tragedy struck. may he rest in peace
He'd already won 27 or 28 races, which is quite a feat.

It sad, it's really sad to see that he is gone. I felt so happy to see he finally finishing the Indy 500 and leading those 3 laps during the pitstop stint.

Godspeed Bryan! RIP!
AaPee89
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Favourite Racing Car: Coyote 67
Favourite Driver: A. J. Foyt
Favourite Circuit: Nürburgring

Post by AaPee89 »

Clauson's family reveals organ donations

Wednesday, 10 August 2016

Bryan Clauson touched a lot of lives during his 27 years, but even in death he was able to do something noble and kind for other people.

His fiancée Lauren, father Tim, mother Di and sister Taylor thanked the racing world for their support on Wednesday in a post on the Bryan Clauson Racing website, where it was revealed he'd been an organ donor following his fatal accident Saturday night in Kansas, and his organs went to five patients. In the letter, the family said they had not known Bryan was a donor.

Just like Justin Wilson, who lost his life a year ago at Pocono, Clauson gave back in the ultimate way – helping other people survive.

Here is their letter:

We would all like to thank you for all of your prayers and concerns over the last few days. It provided strength and comfort during a very difficult time for us.

Nothing prepares you for these moments. We have all watched from afar as other families have had to face their own tragedies or been there to support our family and friends as they have spent their own time in the hospital. However, nothing makes you ready to say goodbye. You take each moment as it comes and we could not have made it to this point with out all of you.

One of the gifts that Bryan gave us while we sat next to him praying for some good news, was the moment we found out that he was an organ donor. It shouldn't have surprised us. All of us have felt Bryan's generosity throughout his life. The gift of life is the most amazing gesture and Bryan will live on not only through us and all the people he touched along the way, but from the lucky individuals that will benefit from Bryan making a decision to be a donor.

It was not lost on our family as we sat huddled around him, holding his hands, comforting him and each other, saying our last goodbye that five families were also sitting in a hospital room somewhere, comforting their loved one and each other while praying for a miracle that Bryan ultimately delivered for them. We are so proud of our Bryan for making this decision.

The Nebraska Organ Recovery team made the entire process very comforting. Their compassion, love, and respect when treating Bryan did not go unnoticed. We want to acknowledge every member of the Nebraska Organ Recovery team. Thank you for loving our Bryan.

If you are a donor, thank you. If you are not, please consider for a moment becoming one. We have seen first hand how amazing it feels on both sides of the coin. It is the greatest gift that one person can give another. We promise.

Again, thank you for all of your thoughts, prayers and friendship. We look forward to seeing you at the races.

Lauren, Tim, Di, Taylor
Source: http://www.racer.com/indycar/item/13299 ... -donations
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 49
Favourite Driver: Gilles Villeneuve, James Hunt
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X JDM

Post by PTRACER »

I hope such a thing helps bring solace to the family.

And it's inspiring as well. After Justin Wilson's organs were donated I was thinking how special a thing it must be to be signed up as an organ donor.
Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

King of the Race Track, Destroyer of Tyres, Breaker of Lap Records
hollie3sa

Post by hollie3sa »

Helio Castroneves is one lucky man...

http://motorsports.nbcsports.com/2016/0 ... ono-video/
LONG POND, Pa. – A three-car incident in the pit lane during today’s ABC Supply 500 at Pocono Raceway was very scary, but fortunately ended with no injuries.

On Lap 64, Alexander Rossi’s No. 98 Castrol Edge/Curb Honda was released into the path and the “slow lane” (inside lane), into the path of Charlie Kimball, whose No. 83 Tresiba Chevrolet was entering from the “fast lane” (outside lane) into his pit stall.

Contact occurred between the two of them and sent Rossi’s car airborne, on top of another innocent bystander, Helio Castroneves in his No. 3 Hitachi Team Penske Chevrolet.

Rossi’s car actually mounted Castroneves’ car over the cockpit area, then went over and came to a rest on the ground.

“I was released. I was in the slow lane. Kimball was into fast lane to box. I was still in my lane. I know what happened. I was in the slow lane. Very unfortunate,” Rossi told NBCSN’s Kevin Lee. “I was concerned about Helio. Just glad he’s alright.”

Castroneves told NBCSN’s Katie Hargitt: “We were coming from another strong pit stop. As soon as I was getting out, Rahal [it was actually Rossi] was coming, then all of a sudden I just saw a car on top of me. Didn’t see anything else. Thought I was changing Pennzoil oil! That was more scary. It hit a little bit of my hand.”

Roger Penske, Castroneves’ team owner, told IndyCar Radio: “We had a bit of a fire, burned some wires, and the fuel cell got hit. But very fortunate no one was hurt. I don’t know what they were thinking about. The 83 turned into the 98. It happened so fast. We were sitting in good shape.”

The Team Penske crew took Castroneves’ car behind the wall to attempt repairs, while Rossi, the Indianapolis 500 champion, was out on the spot. Chip Ganassi Racing’s crew took Kimball’s No. 83 car back to his pit and he resumed in the race.

Of note, Castroneves’ Team Penske teammate Brad Keselowski posted this tweet when he saw the accident.
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 49
Favourite Driver: Gilles Villeneuve, James Hunt
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X JDM

Post by PTRACER »

Woah. Did the wheel actually hit his helmet?
Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

King of the Race Track, Destroyer of Tyres, Breaker of Lap Records
kals
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by kals »

I don't believe so. They showed a close up of Helio's cockpit and the wheel clearly struck the side of the cockpit opening but there were no markings on the helmet or visor.
LaraCroft2016
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1, Indycar, Nascar
Favourite Racing Car: Williams-Renault
Favourite Driver: Ayrton Senna, Dale Earnhardt
Favourite Circuit: Daytona, Talladega, Spa
Car(s) Currently Owned: no

Post by LaraCroft2016 »

Win for Will Power.
"The attacks to the twin towers were planned since 1982" Osama Bin Laden in 2004