Including the Indy 500 and all junior series leading up to IndyCar
Cheeveer
Favourite Racing Car: Panoz GTR1
Favourite Driver: Alex Zanardi
Favourite Circuit: Bathurst

Post by Cheeveer »

Bottom post of the previous page:

Great racing here as well
***Some say you should live each day like it was your last... but who wants to live each day in wild panic and extreme death anxiety?

The universe, look at the hugeness of it... it is a dizzying thought that little ol' me is the centre of it all!***
Cheeveer

Post by Cheeveer »

Castroneves wins a clean, caution free race and is now second overall!
***Some say you should live each day like it was your last... but who wants to live each day in wild panic and extreme death anxiety?

The universe, look at the hugeness of it... it is a dizzying thought that little ol' me is the centre of it all!***
kals
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1..BTCC..MotoGP
Favourite Racing Car: Benetton B189
Favourite Circuit: Donington Park

Post by kals »

That was a fun race. I don't like the Edmonton race but it served up a treat yesterday.
Sam
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Sam »

I'm happy for Helio, but on the other hand I really wanted Sato to have a good go at him for the win.

Good stuff, though. A good example of the fact that you don't need cautions to create good racing.
kals
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by kals »

Sam wrote:A good example of the fact that you don't need cautions to create good racing.
:agreepost:
Cheeveer

Post by Cheeveer »

I really hope that Helio can win the championship this year. It is long overdue!

Cheeveer

Post by Cheeveer »

Charlie Kimball got injured when testing at Mid-Ohio, Giorgio Pantano will substitute at the race there.

kals
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by kals »

A check list of recent activities in Penske world...

1) Drug problems
2) Drink problems
3) Guns next?
4) Womanizing and / or assault?
Dragon Racing team owner Jay Penske was arrested on Thursday morning along with his brother Mark in connection with an alleged break-in at a property at the Nantucket Yacht Club in Nantucket, Massachusetts.

According to reports in the American media, Roger Penske's sons were arrested just before 2am on Thursday morning after allegedly running into a house following an altercation with two women in the yacht club's parking lot.

A police report cited by the newspaper states that the incident was initially reported as an assault and battery, although the women are said to have since told police that they do not wish continue with those charges.

The reports state that the brothers spent the night in the Nantucket Police Department's lock-up and were arrainged on charges of "breaking and entering with intent to commit a misdemeanor". Both were released on personal recognisance, with pretrial hearings scheduled for August 20.

Dragon Racing fields cars for Sebastien Bourdais and Katherine Legge.
According to other sources, the "assault & battery" refers to Jay Penske urinating over some woman's feet.
Cheeveer

Post by Cheeveer »

Great article on Mid-Ohio's Indycar history: http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/article/ ... -evolution

DoubleFault
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by DoubleFault »

Over 200 laps caution free, but that's just ended with a hefty impact for Newgarden who was sent into the wall by Bourdais who had got onto the dirt and slip into the side of JN.

Newgarden is ok though, but he went straight through the tyres into the wall, pushing it back. Going to be a while to clean up.
Sam
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Sam »

The racing was still pretty good before that caution, though.

Not a very good race considering the title fight, though... Power has nearly 40 point lead now with Baltimore coming up, which is another strong event for him. I don't want to underestimate the Penske drivers proven capability of losing the championships but it is starting to look like it's pretty securely in his hands now.

By the way, while looking at the championship standings for the points gaps I noticed who is fifth in the overall standings; Simon Pagenaud. Great to see him so far up there, he has done a solid job throughout the year.
Cheeveer

Post by Cheeveer »

I thought it was a pretty good race for Sears Point standards. Just a big shame for Bourdais. And Newgarden. And Castroneves, Dixon and Hunter-Reay and everyone else that got spun out. I say that the "new" hairpin is not better than the old configuration.

kals
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by kals »

Cheeveer wrote:I thought it was a pretty good race for Sears Point standards. Just a big shame for Bourdais. And Newgarden.
:agreepost:

Gutted for these two guys.

Newgarden cannot catch a break can he? One of the bigger teams has to pick up this guys or give SFHR some funding to better develop him. He's a star of the future, it needs to stay that way.
Cheeveer

Post by Cheeveer »

Finally I know which car the DW12 reminds me of!

The nose, that is.

Antonov
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: MP4/13 ; F40
Favourite Driver: M. Hakkinen
Favourite Circuit: Some shitty street circuit
Car(s) Currently Owned: VW Golf GTI

Post by Antonov »

Junqueira To Sub For Injured Newgarden At Baltimore

Champ Car and IndyCar veteran Bruno Junqueira will stand in for Josef Newgarden this weekend after the rookie broke his finger in a crash at Sonoma.

For Sarah Fisher, co-owner of the Sarah Fisher Hartman Racing team with Wink Hartman, drafting in the respected Brazilian was an easy choice when Newgarden and the team confirmed they'd need someone to pilot the Honda-powered No. 67 entry this weekend.

"We went through a long list of drivers--even Giorgio Pantano was on there--and Bruno just seemed like a right fit for the right event," Fisher told SPEED.com.

"He's already racing there in the ALMS, he's been in a car all year and I also root for the underdog. He's a great driver and has had great results. When his name was brought up, it just seemed like a perfect fit."

The 35-year-old Junqueira, who has raced in the ALMS' LMPC category this season, last drove an Indy car at the 2011 Indy 500 when he qualified for A.J. Foyt, but was replaced by Ryan Hunter-Reay for the race.

With Newgarden sidelined, the road and street course ace is a perfect choice to sub for the injured rookie on the streets of Baltimore.

“I am very happy to be back in IndyCar with SFHR for the Baltimore race weekend,” said the eight-time Champ Car winner. “Sarah’s team is very organized and has been fast all season. They have done a great job with Josef and I hope to give them a good race weekend in Baltimore while Josef is healing.”

Newgarden, was supportive of the move, but can't wait for the season finale on the the Fontana oval where his injury won't be a limiting factor.

“I’m really disappointed to not be in the car this weekend but I know Bruno will do a great job for SFHR,” said the 21-year-old Nashville native. “I’ll be in Baltimore helping Bruno and the team in any way I can and focusing on healing for Fontana.”
toypop

Post by toypop »

Before I flip my lid........is it my imagination or are Sky in the UK showing a REPEAT of the Cricket instead of showing the Baltimore race Live?

I mean there must be some mistake right?!?!?! My on-screen TV guild must surely be faulty, Sky can't be that moronic right?

Or is the race in Baltimore starting far later local time for some reason?