Returning after 15yrs

New to the forum? Say hello!
Returning members, feel free to reintroduce yourselves.
muzik_guy
Favourite Motorsport: IndyCar
Favourite Driver: Tom Sneva, Swede Savage
Favourite Circuit: Indianapolis Motor Speedway

Returning after 15yrs

Post by muzik_guy »

Greetings and salutations from Alabama (by way of Indiana). Whew, it's been a decade and a half since my last post here. Thought I'd drop in and take a look around. Will have to reacquaint myself with all things Fastlane again. Looking forward to meeting fans, learning a lot and sharing things of interest as well.

Happy Holidays, everyone.
MonteCristo
Favourite Motorsport: Openwheel
Favourite Racing Car: Tyrrell P34/Protos
Favourite Driver: JV
Favourite Circuit: Road America

Post by MonteCristo »

muzik_guy wrote: 2 years ago Greetings and salutations from Alabama (by way of Indiana). Whew, it's been a decade and a half since my last post here. Thought I'd drop in and take a look around. Will have to reacquaint myself with all things Fastlane again. Looking forward to meeting fans, learning a lot and sharing things of interest as well.

Welcome back @muzik_guy :).

What's your poison when it comes to racing? Hoping you're an Indycar guy from your photo, haha.
Oscar Piastri in F1! Catch the fever! Vettel Hate Club. Life membership.

2012 GTP Non-Championship Champion | 2012 Guess the Kai-Star Half Marathon Time Champion | 2018 GTP Champion | 2019 GTP Champion
Star
Special Member
Special Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1
Favourite Driver: Sebastian Vettel
Favourite Circuit: Spa

Post by Star »

Welcome hom @muzik_guy

That is some break you took ;) I hope all is good with you in Alabama and the tornadoes didn't affect you.
Just so you know, I am a woman

2022 Guess The Pole Champion!
muzik_guy
Favourite Motorsport: IndyCar
Favourite Driver: Tom Sneva, Swede Savage
Favourite Circuit: Indianapolis Motor Speedway

Post by muzik_guy »

Thank you both!

@MonteCristo , IndyCar for sure. I grew up just 40min west of the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. IndyCar racing was so huge in my world. I was lucky to enjoy and experience firsthand, all of the iconic races and the drivers that competed in them all throughout the 70's and into the late 90's. I moved to Alabama in 2001, and that was sort of the end of many of my race related traditions. I enjoy all forms of open wheel racing, though. F1 is thoroughly mesmerizing.

@Star , It's been so long that I can't even remember why I fell off the radar here on Fastlane! I only ended up here again after doing some F1 research that led me to the forum. I was surprised (and happy) to see it still kicking online after all these years. As for Alabama, we were very fortunate in my neck of the woods. The really horrible line of storms passed just northwest of me, sparing me and my family. Very thankful, but heartbroken for the fine people in TN and KY who were not so fortunate. Prayers to them. :(
MonteCristo
Favourite Motorsport: Openwheel
Favourite Racing Car: Tyrrell P34/Protos
Favourite Driver: JV
Favourite Circuit: Road America

Post by MonteCristo »

muzik_guy wrote: 2 years ago Thank you both!

@MonteCristo , IndyCar for sure. I grew up just 40min west of the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. IndyCar racing was so huge in my world. I was lucky to enjoy and experience firsthand, all of the iconic races and the drivers that competed in them all throughout the 70's and into the late 90's. I moved to Alabama in 2001, and that was sort of the end of many of my race related traditions. I enjoy all forms of open wheel racing, though. F1 is thoroughly mesmerizing.
Well there's plenty of Indycar love on the forum these days (and you'd be mad not to at the moment with the way the series is going), so plenty to discuss!

Hope to see you around :).
Oscar Piastri in F1! Catch the fever! Vettel Hate Club. Life membership.

2012 GTP Non-Championship Champion | 2012 Guess the Kai-Star Half Marathon Time Champion | 2018 GTP Champion | 2019 GTP Champion
Star
Special Member
Special Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1
Favourite Driver: Sebastian Vettel
Favourite Circuit: Spa

Post by Star »

muzik_guy wrote: 2 years ago Thank you both!

@Star , It's been so long that I can't even remember why I fell off the radar here on Fastlane! I only ended up here again after doing some F1 research that led me to the forum. I was surprised (and happy) to see it still kicking online after all these years. As for Alabama, we were very fortunate in my neck of the woods. The really horrible line of storms passed just northwest of me, sparing me and my family. Very thankful, but heartbroken for the fine people in TN and KY who were not so fortunate. Prayers to them. :(
I'm glad you and your loved ones are safe and well. Mother nature can be so cruel can't she? I am just grateful we don't get that kind of thing in this country.
Just so you know, I am a woman

2022 Guess The Pole Champion!
SBan83

Post by SBan83 »

Welcome back! Always extra special to have someone who's been in the trenches of the sport we all love so much.
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Kimi,Niki,Jim(none called Michael)
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: Audi SQ5 3.0L V6 TwinTurbo
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Post by Everso Biggyballies »

Welcome back and enjoy. :thumbsup:

* I started life with nothing, and still have most of it left

“Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows!” (Walter Röhrl)

* I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always
hollie3sa

Post by hollie3sa »

muzik_guy wrote: 2 years ago Greetings and salutations from Alabama (by way of Indiana). Whew, it's been a decade and a half since my last post here. Thought I'd drop in and take a look around. Will have to reacquaint myself with all things Fastlane again. Looking forward to meeting fans, learning a lot and sharing things of interest as well.

We did not meet before yet I'm happy you're back! Enjoy :smiley: