Thank you for accepting me.

New to the forum? Say hello!
Returning members, feel free to reintroduce yourselves.
sherigoround
Favourite Motorsport: Nascar
Favourite Driver: Chase Elliott
Favourite Circuit: Cup Series

Thank you for accepting me.

Post by sherigoround »

I have joined this forum to research an ancestor of my husband. The ancestor's name is Charles Van Acker. I found a link, with photos, to a wreck that Van Acker had through a google search. However, I could not access the link without joining the forum. I certainly don't want to inconvenience you true fans, but it appears that I will have to make a few posts before I can access the link. If anyone could help me by sending me the information directly I would very much appreciate it. The page that I am trying to access is viewtopic.php?t=14561&start=1095 . However, there may be more information on Van Acker's short F1 career to be found. Thank you for your time.
EB
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by EB »

I don't think he ever had an F1 career, although if I remember correctly a couple of his Indy crashes feature in the Mickey Rooney film The Big Wheel.

Welcome to the forum by the way!
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 49
Favourite Driver: Gilles Villeneuve, James Hunt
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X JDM

Post by PTRACER »

sherigoround wrote: 1 year ago I have joined this forum to research an ancestor of my husband. The ancestor's name is Charles Van Acker. I found a link, with photos, to a wreck that Van Acker had through a google search. However, I could not access the link without joining the forum. I certainly don't want to inconvenience you true fans, but it appears that I will have to make a few posts before I can access the link. If anyone could help me by sending me the information directly I would very much appreciate it. The page that I am trying to access is viewtopic.php?t=14561&start=1095 . However, there may be more information on Van Acker's short F1 career to be found. Thank you for your time.
Jesper Hvid wrote: 4 years ago Charles van Acker's (injured) flip (4) with Jackie Holmes at Dayton (says "Daytona" in caption), in the 1950 AAA Sprintcar (Mid-Western) c'ship, click to enlarge:

http://www.ultimateracinghistory.com/ra ... aceid=1048 <--- probably that, as he was back for the Indy 500, which was before the next round at Dayton.
Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

King of the Race Track, Destroyer of Tyres, Breaker of Lap Records
Starling
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1
Favourite Driver: Ayrton Senna
Favourite Circuit: Monza, Montecarlo
Car(s) Currently Owned: Nissan Micra (vintage in 3 yrs)

Post by Starling »

I hope you find what you're looking for. Welcome!
Nada pode me separar do amor de Deus.