2021 banter & Silly season thread for MotoGP, Moto2 and Moto3

Current motorcycle racing related news, information and discussion.
Vassago
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1, IndyCar
Favourite Driver: Senna, Clark, Montoya
Favourite Circuit: Circuit Gilles Villeneuve

Post by Vassago »

Bottom post of the previous page:

Maximilian Kofler and Carlos Tatay won't take part in Catalan GP this weekend after their lap one crash in Mugello. Kofler has broken 4 vertebrae and Tatay has a fractured foot. Daniel Holgado & Elia Bartolini will replace them.
07.04.1968 - Flower of Scotland when will we see your like again?
01.05.1994 - We'll never forget...
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Kimi,Niki,Jim(none called Michael)
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: Audi SQ5 3.0L V6 TwinTurbo
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Post by Everso Biggyballies »

Remy Gardner confirmed in MotoGP for KTM Tech 3.

Gardner has been confirmed at KTM for the Tech3 team in Moto GP for 2022. No surprises there given they wanted / offered him a seat back over a year ago but he chose to get another year in Moto2 for the experience.... this year he now leads that championship with 5 podiums from 6 starts this year.
Father Wayne had always said Remy had an offer from KTM of MotoGP firm for this year and that has now been confirmed by the team as happening.
Binder has been re-signed for the factory team. Neither his fellow factory team rider Oliveira nor Tech3 incumbents Danilo Petrucci and Iker Lecuona are confirmed beyond the present season.

* I started life with nothing, and still have most of it left

“Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows!” (Walter Röhrl)

* I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always
Vassago
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1, IndyCar
Favourite Driver: Senna, Clark, Montoya
Favourite Circuit: Circuit Gilles Villeneuve

Post by Vassago »

I suppose Lecuona will be the odd man out?
07.04.1968 - Flower of Scotland when will we see your like again?
01.05.1994 - We'll never forget...
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Vassago wrote: 2 years ago I suppose Lecuona will be the odd man out?
Maybe not. As I mentioned a day or so ago on the previous page in the post confirming Binders extended contract....
....However at KTM Tech3 it has come to light the automatic renewal period on Danilo Petrucci’s contract has expired and KTM did not exercise the option......
As it stands today neither Petrucci or Leukoma have a deal for next year, although Petrucci's fate seems more assured seeing as the option / automatic renewal period was left to expire.

Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Rins out of Catalan GP after training injury.

Suzuki MotoGP rider Alex Rins has been ruled out of (his home) the Catalan Grand Prix after breaking the radius bone in his right arm on Thursday during a training incident..... He fell off his push bike riding round the circuit.
His fracture has been set and he will undergo surgery on Friday to correct the injury.

I guess falling off his push bike saves him falling off his race bike again. Wont help what title chances he might have had.

Suzuki is yet to say whether it will field a replacement for Rins in this weekend’s seventh round of the 2021 season.

If Rins is to be replaced it will likely be by test rider Sylvain Guintoli, who will be present all weekend working for BT Sport and could ride the GSX-RR at the post-race test on Monday

Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Pramac confirm Zarco and Martin for 2022.

The Pramac Racing team has confirmed Johann Zarco and Jorge Martin will remain its riders for the 2022 season.... having recently announced a new three-year deal with Ducati.

Cheeveer
Favourite Racing Car: Panoz GTR1
Favourite Driver: Alex Zanardi
Favourite Circuit: Bathurst

Post by Cheeveer »

Everso Biggyballies wrote: 2 years ago Rins out of Catalan GP after training injury.

Suzuki MotoGP rider Alex Rins has been ruled out of (his home) the Catalan Grand Prix after breaking the radius bone in his right arm on Thursday during a training incident..... He fell off his push bike riding round the circuit.
His fracture has been set and he will undergo surgery on Friday to correct the injury.

I guess falling off his push bike saves him falling off his race bike again. Wont help what title chances he might have had.

Suzuki is yet to say whether it will field a replacement for Rins in this weekend’s seventh round of the 2021 season.

If Rins is to be replaced it will likely be by test rider Sylvain Guintoli, who will be present all weekend working for BT Sport and could ride the GSX-RR at the post-race test on Monday
wtf. His form is on the verge of unacceptable now. His potential is enormous, but cmon
***Some say you should live each day like it was your last... but who wants to live each day in wild panic and extreme death anxiety?

The universe, look at the hugeness of it... it is a dizzying thought that little ol' me is the centre of it all!***
DoubleFart
Elite Member
Elite Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1

Post by DoubleFart »

There's zero excuse for falling and breaking a wrist on a sighter tour of the circuit. Just unacceptable - you're clearly not concentrating properly.
Gavle Yule Goat Predictor 2018, 2019 and 2021 Champion
MonteCristo wrote: 2 years agoVettel: Not a fan at all on track. But off track, good guy.
hollie3sa

Post by hollie3sa »

Thoughts?

@Andy: Any idea how this is handled for/during the IoM TT?
Andy
Supreme Member
Supreme Member
Favourite Motorsport: 2 & 3 Wheeling
Favourite Racing Car: Bike ;) - Yamaha YZR 500
Favourite Driver: Justin 'Weeman' Collins
Favourite Circuit: Isle of Man - Mountain Course
Car(s) Currently Owned: M'cycle ;) - Yamaha FZS 600

Post by Andy »

Cheeveer wrote: 2 years ago
Everso Biggyballies wrote: 2 years ago Rins out of Catalan GP after training injury.

wtf. His form is on the verge of unacceptable now. His potential is enormous, but cmon
Enormous potential but a captain calamity of some sort.
"Those who risk nothing, do nothing, achieve nothing, become nothing" - David Jefferies
Andy
Supreme Member
Supreme Member

Post by Andy »

DoubleFart wrote: 2 years ago There's zero excuse for falling and breaking a wrist on a sighter tour of the circuit. Just unacceptable - you're clearly not concentrating properly.
Actually, I do enjoy reading about these calamities in motorcycle racing.
Truth is, it could have happened anywhere as well as on a different type of vehicle. But secondly it does mean that the riders neither are overprotected nor that contracts are made that tight that even insurances have a say in what a rider can or cannot do. Unlike the shining polished up world of a formerly glorious, single seater 4-wheel world championship.
"Those who risk nothing, do nothing, achieve nothing, become nothing" - David Jefferies
Andy
Supreme Member
Supreme Member

Post by Andy »

hollie3sa wrote: 2 years ago

Thoughts?

In terms of media passes as such I've no idea, sorry.
I've read up on becoming an official tog there a few years ago though. You've had to have something published prior (not sure how far publishing goes these days actually with all these social media sites) to apply as well as an international media/press pass. But I also heard from tog mates that you even could have published something prior and still wouldn't be accepted as a newb because those returning have been pulled forward.
I do believe for togs there is a 100 gbp fee for the fortnight.

But I'd think hard if I really wanted to be an official tog
The advantage is clearly that you are allowed to take photos from spots where Johnny public ain't allowed into.
The disadvantage though would be that the photos you take from these spots have been taken as well as published over and over again.

So for me personally, I rather find me public spots from where you don't see pics published often. And that doesn't need a pass.
As I would be over now, I'd visit a place I've been to a couple times already but with the better lens I own now, I could try completely different angles at this very place. And I always wanted to give the opposite site of the road a try as I've never seen pics taken from there. Whether it'd be as spectacular as the other side I don't know as from there it is a bit like shooting from the grandstand at a short circuit, similar to the outside of Sachsenrings T8 up behind the fence. But as I said, from there only a few pics from the 60s and 70s do exist.
Fingers crossed for next year though ;)

I'll try and pull some strings over the weekend and get back you :bye:
Andy
Supreme Member
Supreme Member

Post by Andy »

Andy wrote: 2 years ago
hollie3sa wrote: 2 years ago

Thoughts?

In terms of media passes as such I've no idea, sorry.
I've read up on becoming an official tog there a few years ago though. You've had to have something published prior (not sure how far publishing goes these days actually with all these social media sites) to apply as well as an international media/press pass. But I also heard from tog mates that you even could have published something prior and still wouldn't be accepted as a newb because those returning have been pulled forward.
I do believe for togs there is a 100 gbp fee for the fortnight.

But I'd think hard if I really wanted to be an official tog
The advantage is clearly that you are allowed to take photos from spots where Johnny public ain't allowed into.
The disadvantage though would be that the photos you take from these spots have been taken as well as published over and over again.

So for me personally, I rather find me public spots from where you don't see pics published often. And that doesn't need a pass.
As I would be over now, I'd visit a place I've been to a couple times already but with the better lens I own now, I could try completely different angles at this very place. And I always wanted to give the opposite site of the road a try as I've never seen pics taken from there. Whether it'd be as spectacular as the other side I don't know as from there it is a bit like shooting from the grandstand at a short circuit, similar to the outside of Sachsenrings T8 up behind the fence. But as I said, from there only a few pics from the 60s and 70s do exist.
Fingers crossed for next year though ;)

I'll try and pull some strings over the weekend and get back you :bye:
As I said, until a few years ago there were rules and regulations online but there ain't a publicly accessible page online anymore. But you always could launch an inquiry with press@iomttraces.com
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Wow.... Rossi went P10 in FP3 to qualify straight for Q2. That should give him some confidence.
Mind you Morbidelli on the other Petronas Yamaha managed to finish P1. Stunning lap

MonteCristo
Favourite Motorsport: Openwheel
Favourite Racing Car: Tyrrell P34/Protos
Favourite Driver: JV
Favourite Circuit: Road America

Post by MonteCristo »

Man, the Moto3... Final lap, turn one, the top 15 were separated by about half a second and about five wide in three rows.
Oscar Piastri in F1! Catch the fever! Vettel Hate Club. Life membership.

2012 GTP Non-Championship Champion | 2012 Guess the Kai-Star Half Marathon Time Champion | 2018 GTP Champion | 2019 GTP Champion
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

That was a mad and insane last couple of laps.