2019 banter & Silly season thread for MotoGP, Moto2 and Moto3

Current motorcycle racing related news, information and discussion.
Vassago
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1, IndyCar
Favourite Driver: Senna, Clark, Montoya
Favourite Circuit: Circuit Gilles Villeneuve

Post by Vassago »

Bottom post of the previous page:

kals wrote: 4 years ago Dunno, but I hear he's got something to do with Brno. I think that something is money.
Brno & Sachsenring were the two most vulnerable venues on the calendar but they got extended to stay. The thing is, Brno in particular is MotoGP's version of the Hungaroring. It's the cheapest round wildly popular with the fans. You can only host as many races in the desert where nobody shows up but the promotors pay the highest bill. When you keep four rounds in Spain where bike racing is more popular than anywhere in Europe, when you've added the second race in Italy you are paying attention to those details.

Abraham's father is the boss of the Czech racing federation, right? Of course he even got to be in MotoGP based on connections, he's bike racing's pay rider like we ever saw one but the Brno round works without the Czech rider craze. You don't need Abraham on the grid for this thing to work at all.
07.04.1968 - Flower of Scotland when will we see your like again?
01.05.1994 - We'll never forget...
kals
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1..BTCC..MotoGP
Favourite Racing Car: Benetton B189
Favourite Circuit: Donington Park

Post by kals »

John wrote: 4 years ago
kals wrote: 4 years ago
John wrote: 4 years ago
kals wrote: 4 years ago
John wrote: 5 years ago
kals wrote: 5 years ago Is that the 2019 bike though? I thought that was just a livery reveal.
Not quite sure, TBH. I've been out of the loop for the past few weeks. Would make sense, though.

If Petrux wins a race this year, I'll be adding "Lorenzo is a God" to my signature for the rest of the season. Not convinced he's entirely deserving of that bike.
Quoting because THIS NEVER HAPPENED. Time to pay up @John :whistling:
Fuck. I was hoping that comment would have been forgotten by now. Oh well! I have a new signature for the remainder of the off season.
Technically the two points you make in your statement were both true. Petrux won a race and proved he's not entirely deserving of that bike.
So....I’m off the hook? :whistling:
Hell to the no :haha:
kals
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1..BTCC..MotoGP
Favourite Racing Car: Benetton B189
Favourite Circuit: Donington Park

Post by kals »

Vassago wrote: 4 years ago
kals wrote: 4 years ago Dunno, but I hear he's got something to do with Brno. I think that something is money.
Brno & Sachsenring were the two most vulnerable venues on the calendar but they got extended to stay. The thing is, Brno in particular is MotoGP's version of the Hungaroring. It's the cheapest round wildly popular with the fans. You can only host as many races in the desert where nobody shows up but the promotors pay the highest bill. When you keep four rounds in Spain where bike racing is more popular than anywhere in Europe, when you've added the second race in Italy you are paying attention to those details.

Abraham's father is the boss of the Czech racing federation, right? Of course he even got to be in MotoGP based on connections, he's bike racing's pay rider like we ever saw one but the Brno round works without the Czech rider craze. You don't need Abraham on the grid for this thing to work at all.
We know all that lol. We’re being sarcastic
Vassago
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1, IndyCar
Favourite Driver: Senna, Clark, Montoya
Favourite Circuit: Circuit Gilles Villeneuve

Post by Vassago »

Next time use this:

Btw, I wouldn't mind if Abraham got canned. He brings no value to MotoGP but yeah, that's like stating the obvious #sarcasm
07.04.1968 - Flower of Scotland when will we see your like again?
01.05.1994 - We'll never forget...