Isle of Man - The Mountain Course

Current motorcycle racing related news, information and discussion.
hollie3sa

Post by hollie3sa »

Bottom post of the previous page:

@Andy Do you have a recommendation for a video on YouTube showing an onboard lap of the IoM as well as the milestones the rider is passing/the position on the track?

Something similar to what's shown here:

---

Having just watched the video you shared here, a question has come to my mind: Is there any specific regulation in place about waving yellow flags e.g. further up the track than we know it from closed circuits? I feel like yellow flags being waved only some 50 to 100 meters in front of a potential danger point is hardly sufficient to warn the oncoming riders.
Andy
Supreme Member
Supreme Member
Favourite Motorsport: 2 & 3 Wheeling
Favourite Racing Car: Bike ;) - Yamaha YZR 500
Favourite Driver: Justin 'Weeman' Collins
Favourite Circuit: Isle of Man - Mountain Course
Car(s) Currently Owned: M'cycle ;) - Yamaha FZS 600

Post by Andy »

hollie3sa wrote: 1 year ago @Andy Do you have a recommendation for a video on YouTube showing an onboard lap of the IoM as well as the milestones the rider is passing/the position on the track?

Something similar to what's shown here:

---

Having just watched the video you shared here, a question has come to my mind: Is there any specific regulation in place about waving yellow flags e.g. further up the track than we know it from closed circuits? I feel like yellow flags being waved only some 50 to 100 meters in front of a potential danger point is hardly sufficient to warn the oncoming riders.
I hope this one from the 2019 Manx is something you're looking for :wink:
Still needs another trackmap to make out locations though, especially if you're relatively unexperienced with the course
"Those who risk nothing, do nothing, achieve nothing, become nothing" - David Jefferies
Andy
Supreme Member
Supreme Member

Post by Andy »

Marshals map from 2019. But for following the video it should be fine ☺️
"Those who risk nothing, do nothing, achieve nothing, become nothing" - David Jefferies
Andy
Supreme Member
Supreme Member

Post by Andy »

As I had it on Facebook as well as Twitter, here you go
This fortnight should become somewhat special in regards to marshal it.
Before I went over I did the online training and signed up for two qualifying sessions only as I wanted to go to some new spots to spectate and taking photos. But it should turn out very different to what I had made up 😂
Arrived at Stadium for the Pre TT just to say hello to some old friends after them 3 years and to spectate Saturdays early sessions. We're short they said and since I only had my camera with me, Shaun McGowan would quickly hand me a tabard but I hadn't signed up so the the course inspection car was ordered to get a form along 😅
I'd end up on Stadiums scaffolding, flagging with my good old mate Shaun Dalton on both remaining days. Lots of banter and fun, especially the coffee flag affair 🤣
More on it later in the year perhaps 😅
After picking up my new 2022 TT marshal ID card I'd join Shaun again at my old Quarry Bends office as he told me they'd be short there as well. And since my last IMC course dated back to 2018, I took the refresher course on Tuesday straight. After Wednesday at Signpost I went back to the old office , Quarry Bends, and Friday night Shaun would ask me again whether I could do one or another race day. After bit of teeth gritting I just took Superbike Saturday off and went on to marshal the entire race week up there from Wildlife Park Approach to Gob-y-Volley farm.
I've truly enjoyed my time with my old mates up there. All the craic, banter and fun. It might have been three years but it was still good 'ole same.
I've ended up with marshaling the most of all 4 times since I started but I don't regret one second of it. Sure I couldn't make spots I wanted to take pics from but even without, there were others taking pics.
I've come to love the Isle and it's people and I'm there to watch and enjoy the sport I like most.
And that's all about it. If there were not enough marshals neither me or anyone else could enjoy the racing. A big thank you to the lot of unnamed team members who signed up for the postponed Senior Saturday. Very well done, really! ❤️
The Isle is a very special, almost magic place. If you felt it once you'll do it all again 😉
Until next time, Mona's Isle ... I cannot wait ❤️
🇮🇲🏍️🇮🇲🏍️🇮🇲🏍️🇮🇲🏍️🇮🇲🏍️🇮🇲🏍️🇮🇲🏍️🇮🇲🏍️🇮🇲🏍️
IOMTTmarshals
One Nine Four Six Marshals
S100 Marshals Association
#PreTT
#TT2022
#SorryIfIforgotSomeone

erwin greven
Staff
Staff
Favourite Motorsport: Endurance Racing
Favourite Racing Car: Lancia Delta 038 S4 Group B
Favourite Driver: Ronnie Peterson
Favourite Circuit: Nuerburgring Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Peugeot 206 SW Air-Line 3 2007

Post by erwin greven »

Bought a live pass to watch the Isle of Man TT. So my one week off holiday will be saved!
Brian Redman: "Mr. Fangio, how do you come so fast?" "More throttle, less brakes...."