2021 banter & Silly season thread for MotoGP, Moto2 and Moto3

Current motorcycle racing related news, information and discussion.
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Kimi,Niki,Jim(none called Michael)
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: Audi SQ5 3.0L V6 TwinTurbo
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Post by Everso Biggyballies »

Bottom post of the previous page:

Miller wins, Bags 2nd, a 1-2 for Ducati.

Great race.

Bagnaia leads the championship by 2 points from Quartararo.

* I started life with nothing, and still have most of it left

“Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows!” (Walter Röhrl)

* I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Quartararo looks to be in physical pain. Mystery deepens.

Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Oh Morbidelli 3rd Naka 4th. Marquez finished 10th I think but only 10 seconds behind Miller.

MonteCristo
Favourite Motorsport: Openwheel
Favourite Racing Car: Tyrrell P34/Protos
Favourite Driver: JV
Favourite Circuit: Road America

Post by MonteCristo »

Woohoo :P.
Oscar Piastri in F1! Catch the fever! Vettel Hate Club. Life membership.

2012 GTP Non-Championship Champion | 2012 Guess the Kai-Star Half Marathon Time Champion | 2018 GTP Champion | 2019 GTP Champion
Andy
Supreme Member
Supreme Member
Favourite Motorsport: 2 & 3 Wheeling
Favourite Racing Car: Bike ;) - Yamaha YZR 500
Favourite Driver: Justin 'Weeman' Collins
Favourite Circuit: Isle of Man - Mountain Course
Car(s) Currently Owned: M'cycle ;) - Yamaha FZS 600

Post by Andy »

The most exciting of the three races today was Moto3 without a doubt, a bowl out of three podium contenders in final corner included.
MotoGP became what I was expecting in terms of MM93. He simply still can't go 100% yet, at least not all the time.
Quartararo looked like he suffered from severe armpump and subsequently dropped down the order. It is still possible to ride a motorcycle with armpump but not at speed. Had he been out of point ranks at one point he would have pulled in. That, and only that, left the gate wide open for Ducati to do the double.
"Those who risk nothing, do nothing, achieve nothing, become nothing" - David Jefferies
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Fabio Quartararo has confirmed that arm pump caused his slide from a seemingly comfortable lead to a finish of 13th.
“I had a big issue with the arm, so sad because I was feeling really easy in the front,” he said.

“We had amazing pace this weekend and then I just had no more power on the arm. Just so disappointed about it.

“But I fought until the end, even if it was only for three points.”

“I was in the lead by one second and then I had no more power. I still fought for six more laps with the pain, to keep the one-second lead, but it was just impossible for me. No more power.

“It was dangerous for me to ride the second half of the race but I didn’t want to stop because I knew that maybe one or two points can be really important for the championship, so I gave it my all.

“I had to brake with four fingers and normally I brake with one. I couldn’t go full gas on the straight.

“But, no explanation [for the arm pump]. I’m training the same, I’m feeling even better on the bike and… I don’t know.”

Another round of surgery appears likely now, although Quartararo admitted he was “lost” about the breadth of advice he received after the race.

“My brain right now is not working, [but] I have people – my manager, my best friend – to try to look at the best option, but right now I have no idea,” said the pre-round championship leader.

“For sure, something is planned because my arm is not okay. Portimao last year was a disaster, this year was perfect. Here I’ve never had a problem in my life, this year I have a problem. So it’s something that I don’t understand.

“We are still looking but there are too many options, my brain is just full of people telling me to go in one place, to go in another, or another. Actually, right now I’m lost, but we will see.”
It seems a no brainer to get the surgery.... look at Miller, he had his armpump op and it cost him no missed or not 100% fit races. Clearly it has improved things for him.

Andy
Supreme Member
Supreme Member

Post by Andy »

Everso Biggyballies wrote: 2 years ago Fabio Quartararo has confirmed that arm pump caused his slide from a seemingly comfortable lead to a finish of 13th.
“I had a big issue with the arm, so sad because I was feeling really easy in the front,” he said.

“We had amazing pace this weekend and then I just had no more power on the arm. Just so disappointed about it.

“But I fought until the end, even if it was only for three points.”

“I was in the lead by one second and then I had no more power. I still fought for six more laps with the pain, to keep the one-second lead, but it was just impossible for me. No more power.

“It was dangerous for me to ride the second half of the race but I didn’t want to stop because I knew that maybe one or two points can be really important for the championship, so I gave it my all.

“I had to brake with four fingers and normally I brake with one. I couldn’t go full gas on the straight.

“But, no explanation [for the arm pump]. I’m training the same, I’m feeling even better on the bike and… I don’t know.”

Another round of surgery appears likely now, although Quartararo admitted he was “lost” about the breadth of advice he received after the race.

“My brain right now is not working, [but] I have people – my manager, my best friend – to try to look at the best option, but right now I have no idea,” said the pre-round championship leader.

“For sure, something is planned because my arm is not okay. Portimao last year was a disaster, this year was perfect. Here I’ve never had a problem in my life, this year I have a problem. So it’s something that I don’t understand.

“We are still looking but there are too many options, my brain is just full of people telling me to go in one place, to go in another, or another. Actually, right now I’m lost, but we will see.”
It seems a no brainer to get the surgery.... look at Miller, he had his armpump op and it cost him no missed or not 100% fit races. Clearly it has improved things for him.
I kind of expected armpump to be the cause. If it had been mechanical like fading to failing brakes he'd have pulled in.
It was in his body language, tough to describe.
I've had it some years ago (and continuously would get it) when I had to use a sledge hammer and chisel. Unfortunately, most often I got paid for it (the job) so I would exchange hands often but even this just prolonged it until a point when both hands couldn't hold the tools anymore.
"Those who risk nothing, do nothing, achieve nothing, become nothing" - David Jefferies
rortega
Favourite Motorsport: World Rally Championship
Favourite Driver: Carlos Sainz
Favourite Circuit: Jerez

Post by rortega »

Great race. Gutted for Fabio though. Even as an Aussie. Need Dovi on the other Aprilia
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Fabio Quartararo has already had arm pump surgery....

Well that did not take long to decide organise and happen. He has already undergone surgery to rectify the arm pump issue that cost him dearly at Jerez.... two years after a similar such operation in 2019. He reckons he will be back to 100% for Le Mans in 10 days time.
Good luck to him.

Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

If you have not seen the last lap of the Moto3 race and the pandemonium that took part here it is.

Tell you what, that Pedro Acosta is a bit special. The next Marquez? Early days but he has made quite an impression on me. Rookie year opens up with a podium and then does three wins on the trot. Very special.

Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

We have one person in that last lap seemingly lucky to still be alive....

Moto3 rider Deniz Oncu has revealed how close he came to death in the multi-bike crash at the last corner of the Spanish Moto3 Grand Prix.

Oncu was vying for victory when he lost the front end of his Tech3 entry and crashed at Curva Lorenzo.

The Turk’s #53 machine initially took down Jaume Masia’s own KTM due to contact with the rear wheel, then wiped out the front wheel of Darryn Binder’s Honda.

Oncu, however, remained attached to his bike as it pirouetted on the deck, and his neck was cut open by Binder’s front brake disc.

“Honestly, I’m lucky to be alive,” he wrote on Instagram, where he posted a photograph of his neck.

“When Darryn Binder went past the top of my head, his front disc cut my neck.

“It could have been worse!”

He wasnt joking either.....

Andy
Supreme Member
Supreme Member

Post by Andy »

Everso Biggyballies wrote: 2 years ago We have one person in that last lap seemingly lucky to still be alive....

Moto3 rider Deniz Oncu has revealed how close he came to death in the multi-bike crash at the last corner of the Spanish Moto3 Grand Prix.

Oncu was vying for victory when he lost the front end of his Tech3 entry and crashed at Curva Lorenzo.

The Turk’s #53 machine initially took down Jaume Masia’s own KTM due to contact with the rear wheel, then wiped out the front wheel of Darryn Binder’s Honda.

Oncu, however, remained attached to his bike as it pirouetted on the deck, and his neck was cut open by Binder’s front brake disc.

“Honestly, I’m lucky to be alive,” he wrote on Instagram, where he posted a photograph of his neck.

“When Darryn Binder went past the top of my head, his front disc cut my neck.

“It could have been worse!”

He wasnt joking either.....

A bit more to the front and just 1cm deeper, he would have bleeded to death in seconds and there would have been absolutely nothing the trackside marshals could have done.
John
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Post by John »

Holy fuck. What a lucky, lucky man.
2018 GTP Accuracy champion.

CEREAL IS A SOUP.
Cheeveer
Favourite Racing Car: Panoz GTR1
Favourite Driver: Alex Zanardi
Favourite Circuit: Bathurst

Post by Cheeveer »

Le Mans this weekend, means crash galore.
***Some say you should live each day like it was your last... but who wants to live each day in wild panic and extreme death anxiety?

The universe, look at the hugeness of it... it is a dizzying thought that little ol' me is the centre of it all!***
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Cheeveer wrote: 2 years ago Le Mans this weekend, means crash galore.
Especially looking at the weather forecast for Le Mans area which is showers all day all three days ...... but particularly wet on Saturday.
Reviewing the forecast for Le Mans Circuit Over the next 7 days and the average daytime maximum temperature will be around 16°C, with a high for the week of 18°C expected on the afternoon of Friday 21st. The average minimum temperature will be 8°C, dipping to its lowest on the morning of Friday 14th at 6°C. The week ahead will have some days seeing a little precipitation and some days with rain. Predictions are Saturday 14th will have the most precipitation with an accumulation of around 9.0mm.
https://www.myweather2.com/Motor-Racing ... spx?sday=2

Cheeveer
Favourite Racing Car: Panoz GTR1
Favourite Driver: Alex Zanardi
Favourite Circuit: Bathurst

Post by Cheeveer »

Finland's MotoGP cancelled, that was supposed to be my summer holiday. :sorrow:

2nd race in Austria takes its place.
***Some say you should live each day like it was your last... but who wants to live each day in wild panic and extreme death anxiety?

The universe, look at the hugeness of it... it is a dizzying thought that little ol' me is the centre of it all!***