The NASCAR Flip List Project

Post here if you come across a video or image that you would like identifying.
Microsprinter18
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Microsprinter18 »

Bottom post of the previous page:

CLOSE call for Kurt Busch with a physics-defying aerial pirouette!
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents.
acerogers58
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by acerogers58 »

That was one of the most bizarre accidents I have ever seen. Kyle also caught some major air in an early wreck yet managed to keep going, the reduction in speed certainly prevented a couple of flips today.
Microsprinter18
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

...and so ends this year's season in terms of flips. Anything could happen in these last few races, but it looks like Ty Majeski and Ryan Newman will be the only members of the class of 2020.
Update 10/17: Yes, something did happen. Anthony Alfredo is now in the class of 2020.

So I'm fixing to be generous today, and two flips that have been removed from the list are going to be added once again. One was on the old CrashTwice list, and the other is in Fielden's book, which I just elected to leave off because newspapers was telling me something different. So I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt because I've learned that if it's listed, there must be some truth to them.

So both from the '54 season, welcome back to the flip list Johnny Zeke (Morristown) and Al Neal (Langhorne II).
Last edited by Microsprinter18 3 years ago, edited 3 times in total.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents.
Microsprinter18
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Holy cow dude, Anthony Alfredo just turned over!!!
acerogers58
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by acerogers58 »

Looked very similar to the way Danica Patrick went hard into the wall during that horrendous accident where Aric Almirola broke his back, Alfredo just had a car underneath him, turning him over. Kansas has been a ticking time bomb so to speak the last few years, Patrick/Almirola and Erik Jones in 2017, Byron in 2018, Decker last year, Preece this year.
Microsprinter18
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

acerogers58 wrote: 3 years ago Looked very similar to the way Danica Patrick went hard into the wall during that horrendous accident where Aric Almirola broke his back, Alfredo just had a car underneath him, turning him over.
I know Kansas is home to some rough licks but I did not expect a car to go turtle on us!
acerogers58
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by acerogers58 »

Bit off topic but Daryn Pittman just did a Junior Johnson in the World of Outlaws, small flip early in the feature and just flipped again with 7 to go.
Microsprinter18
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Barring any more wacky wild and wooly wrecks, 2020 will likely finish off the season with one flip in all three series. The last time all three series had at least one flip was in 2010, however ten years down the road, 2020 is looking to go down in the books as the first year in which all three series has had the same amount of flips.
acerogers58
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by acerogers58 »

During the 1992 Busch series finale at Hickory, Tommy Ellis ended up parked on top of Ricky Craven at a rather odd angle, Glenn Jarrett commented in the race broadcast saying “When I first saw Ellis’s car he was about 5ft in the air”. I can’t seem to find a replay of the actual accident, just the aftermath. Might be worth looking into, although I do doubt he fully rolled.

1:06 in this video
Microsprinter18
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

acerogers58 wrote: 3 years ago During the 1992 Busch series finale at Hickory, Tommy Ellis ended up parked on top of Ricky Craven at a rather odd angle, Glenn Jarrett commented in the race broadcast saying “When I first saw Ellis’s car he was about 5ft in the air”. I can’t seem to find a replay of the actual accident, just the aftermath. Might be worth looking into, although I do doubt he fully rolled.
68 results for "Tommy Ellis" on newspapers from 11/09/92 and every single one of them are just the results sheets haha
Microsprinter18
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

So, we might have a new one, but there are a few things wrong here: He wasn't driving a Mercury, and the official reason for his DNF is "brakes". I'll add it if any more info comes up, but for right now I'm having doubts.

Tim Flock, Montgomery 1956:
acerogers58
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by acerogers58 »

It’s hard to find info for races run at those small tracks, good luck.
Microsprinter18
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

acerogers58 wrote: 3 years ago It’s hard to find info for races run at those small tracks, good luck.
Maybe one day time travel will be possible hahaha
Microsprinter18
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

acerogers58 wrote: 3 years ago It’s hard to find info for races run at those small tracks, good luck.
You know, I think I'm gonna have to give it the benefit haha. If the newspapers report on it, something tells me they know something we don't.
Microsprinter18
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Sooo, I own all five issues of the 40 Years of Stock Car Racing books, the NASCAR Chronicle, and Silent Speedways of the Carolinas. Are there any other books out there you guys know about that might give me new information?
JG24
Favourite Motorsport: NASCAR
Favourite Racing Car: Porsche 911 GT1
Favourite Circuit: Michigan

Post by JG24 »

Microsprinter18 wrote: 3 years ago Sooo, I own all five issues of the 40 Years of Stock Car Racing books, the NASCAR Chronicle, and Silent Speedways of the Carolinas. Are there any other books out there you guys know about that might give me new information?
NASCAR, The Complete History is a good book to look into. I have one, and will look into any crashes. This is also my first post on here. I hope to give you guys some sort of help.