The NASCAR Flip List Project

Post here if you come across a video or image that you would like identifying.
Microsprinter18
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Microsprinter18 »

Bottom post of the previous page:

Looks like someone indeed flipped over in the titanic 1973 Winston 500 accident...Ronnie Daniel in the #85.

UPDATE 8/15/23: replaced picture that went offline
Last edited by Microsprinter18 7 months ago, edited 1 time in total.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents.
Microsprinter18
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Two new adds from the '51 season:
Walt Flanders - Detroit (the poor bastard also flipped in qualifying)
Jack White - Detroit

Big thanks to Jesper for the finds.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents.
Microsprinter18
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Man, the way things are going here in Indy, we might have a new addition before this race is over.
Microsprinter18
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Almost a new addition today at Michigan as Austin Dillon takes a wicked ride at the end of stage 2, car nearly gets up onto its door.
Jesper Hvid
Permanent Ban
Permanent Ban

Post by Jesper Hvid »

Microsprinter18
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Jesper Hvid wrote: 2 years ago Possibly of use to you:

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=536&p=411275#p411275
Really good find! It seems like he might have just done a half-roll though. The race report on newspapers doesn't really say anything about the car doing a full rollover, and the roof of the car seems relatively undamaged on top of that.

PLEASE keep me posted on any possible new findings though!!
Jesper Hvid
Permanent Ban
Permanent Ban

Post by Jesper Hvid »

Microsprinter18 wrote: 3 years ago1972 - Ron Keselowski - Atlanta I - "Keselowski's Dodge dug into the dirt and flipped over against a chain-link fence."
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=536&p=411824#p411824

Didn't seem to happen that way.
Microsprinter18
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Jesper Hvid wrote: 2 years ago viewtopic.php?f=26&t=536&p=411824#p411824

Didn't seem to happen that way.
Hmmm...see what gets me is that I came across a radio broadcast of this race, it unfortunately cuts in during Ron Keselowski's interview after the wreck, but he does say something along the lines of "there was nowhere else to go but over!"

You can have a listen here!
Jesper Hvid
Permanent Ban
Permanent Ban

Post by Jesper Hvid »

A little too vague. Over where? Over the grass? I frankly don't think the car flipped, judging by those photos.

But here's something you probably want to check out: https://www.the-fastlane.co.uk/forums/v ... 75#p412775
Microsprinter18
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Jesper Hvid wrote: 2 years ago A little too vague. Over where? Over the grass? I frankly don't think the car flipped, judging by those photos.

But here's something you probably want to check out: https://www.the-fastlane.co.uk/forums/v ... 75#p412775
You may be right about the Keselowski incident. I'll take it up with the rest of the gang and go from there! :lol:

The O'Dell flip has been on the list for quite some time, but those pictures are new to me!
Microsprinter18
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Joey Gase almost joins the club here at Las Vegas. His car lost a tire, smacked the wall, and shot way up into the air with the passenger side pointing down.

Unfortunately, this wreck landed him in the hospital. Prayers up!
Microsprinter18
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Now that the superspeedway races have wrapped up for the year, it appears as if Joey Logano's wild ride will be the lone flip of 2021, unless something absolutely insane happens.
acerogers58
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by acerogers58 »

Lowest number of flips in a year since 2006.
Microsprinter18
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

acerogers58 wrote: 2 years ago Lowest number of flips in a year since 2006.
Would not be surprised if we have us a year with zeroes across the board before the turn of the decade.
Microsprinter18
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Looks like we have us some new ones here! A racing-reference comment on the 1954 Mid-South 250 claims that "Leland Sewell was injured after his car rolled."

Most of the race reports available on newspapers seem to be only a paragraph long and tells us only basic shit about the race. 40 Years says Sewell underwent immediate emergency surgery after a "grinding crash".

Almost exactly a year later, at the same track, Billy Carden flips out. This is a new one as well!
Last edited by Microsprinter18 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Microsprinter18
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

I have stumbled upon two more new flips, both by the same offender, Marvin Panch.

Marvin rolled it in qualifying for the 1956 Concord race, and it was said he crashed in the race as well, it seems that he flipped in both!

He also flipped in the 2nd Columbia race in 1958.