Going to try and contribute as many V8 Supercars crashes I can

Our pioneering project aims to identify and catalogue every crash photo in racing history. We cannot do it alone, so if you have any spare time, view this forum and sign up to help!
AussieRacer5

Going to try and contribute as many V8 Supercars crashes I can

Post by AussieRacer5 »

So I found this website while browsing for some old images relating to American stock car and Indycar crashes and was pleasantly suprised at how much useful info i've found, I noticed there is only 1 entry for the Australian V8 Supercars Championship, being Mark Porter's tragic accident in 2006. Being Australian myself i've decided I'm going to start compiling photos of accidents from this series, most crashes are on youtube and have probably been seen however as the point of the database is more for a collection, I thought that it could use some more V8 Supercars stuff, I presume I should just post these in the Touring Car crash photo thread, and hopefully i can contribute some good stuff! :twothumbs:
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 49
Favourite Driver: Gilles Villeneuve, James Hunt
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X JDM

Post by PTRACER »

AussieRacer5 wrote: 5 years ago So I found this website while browsing for some old images relating to American stock car and Indycar crashes and was pleasantly suprised at how much useful info i've found, I noticed there is only 1 entry for the Australian V8 Supercars Championship, being Mark Porter's tragic accident in 2006. Being Australian myself i've decided I'm going to start compiling photos of accidents from this series, most crashes are on youtube and have probably been seen however as the point of the database is more for a collection, I thought that it could use some more V8 Supercars stuff, I presume I should just post these in the Touring Car crash photo thread, and hopefully i can contribute some good stuff! :twothumbs:
Well, hello AussieRacer5! :happy: That sounds absolutely great, thank you! Do you have access to the Crash Photos section yet?
Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

King of the Race Track, Destroyer of Tyres, Breaker of Lap Records
AussieRacer5

Post by AussieRacer5 »

PTRACER wrote: 5 years ago
AussieRacer5 wrote: 5 years ago So I found this website while browsing for some old images relating to American stock car and Indycar crashes and was pleasantly suprised at how much useful info i've found, I noticed there is only 1 entry for the Australian V8 Supercars Championship, being Mark Porter's tragic accident in 2006. Being Australian myself i've decided I'm going to start compiling photos of accidents from this series, most crashes are on youtube and have probably been seen however as the point of the database is more for a collection, I thought that it could use some more V8 Supercars stuff, I presume I should just post these in the Touring Car crash photo thread, and hopefully i can contribute some good stuff! :twothumbs:
Well, hello AussieRacer5! :happy: That sounds absolutely great, thank you! Do you have access to the Crash Photos section yet?
Yes, already posted one in there.
theracer120
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by theracer120 »

Cool. We've got a lot of stuff on here from older Australian racing which can go on there if you're interested, and I've got some more recent Bathurst photos from the 90s and early 2000s era which I'm going to post in the thread when I have the time/feel like it (I don't think I'm able to upload stuff directly to the database)