'Track Type' added

Our pioneering project aims to identify and catalogue every crash photo in racing history. We cannot do it alone, so if you have any spare time, view this forum and sign up to help!
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 49
Favourite Driver: Gilles Villeneuve, James Hunt
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X JDM

'Track Type' added

Post by PTRACER »

For the benefit of those entering stuff into the database:-

I have added a new category 'Track Type'.

'Road Race' will always refer to Carrera Panamericana, Targa Florio, Mille Miglia etc., and probably the old vintage Paris-Rouen style races, but definitely NOT rallies.
'Point-to-Point'...Well, I guess this would be for rally stages? I'd like you to continue using 'Rallying' for the Category section though.
'Hillclimb' will just be for hillclimbs - Pikes Peak, Prescott etc.
'Oval Dirt' will no doubt be for sprintcars and vintage oval races in the future, like Legion Ascot.

Permanent Circuit, Street Circuit, Dirt/Sand Track etc. will denote actual circuits.

This is currently displayed in the Admin version of the CPdB only and after a trial I will add it to the User version.

I kindly ask that uploaders don't interfere with this section without discussing it with me first. Feel free to use it when adding new entries, and don't worry about previous entries - I can update them in bulk with a few clicks.
Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

King of the Race Track, Destroyer of Tyres, Breaker of Lap Records