Random Motorsports Discussion ***MAY Contain Spoilers***

Current motorsport related news, information and discussion on any series that does not fit in the above or below categories
acerogers58
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by acerogers58 »

Bottom post of the previous page:

Camille882 wrote: 2 years ago Why were they arrested?
I did not understand very well
Two people used wrenches as weapons in the fight.
acerogers58
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by acerogers58 »

Dave Blaney won his first World of Outlaws feature in over 23 years tonight, coming at the track he owns.
Camille882
Favourite Motorsport: 0279817195

Post by Camille882 »

acerogers58 wrote: 2 years ago
Camille882 wrote: 2 years ago Why were they arrested?
I did not understand very well
Two people used wrenches as weapons in the fight.
Can you tell me more because I did not follow well? and what does Shuttle Paris mean? I did not understand
acerogers58
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by acerogers58 »

Donny Schatz wins his 300th World of Outlaws race
MonteCristo
Favourite Motorsport: Openwheel
Favourite Racing Car: Tyrrell P34/Protos
Favourite Driver: JV
Favourite Circuit: Road America

Post by MonteCristo »

acerogers58 wrote: 2 years ago Donny Schatz wins his 300th World of Outlaws race
With Aussies 2nd and 3rd?
Oscar Piastri in F1! Catch the fever! Vettel Hate Club. Life membership.

2012 GTP Non-Championship Champion | 2012 Guess the Kai-Star Half Marathon Time Champion | 2018 GTP Champion | 2019 GTP Champion
acerogers58
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by acerogers58 »

MonteCristo wrote: 2 years ago
acerogers58 wrote: 2 years ago Donny Schatz wins his 300th World of Outlaws race
Yep
MonteCristo

Post by MonteCristo »

Random thought that's currently taking place...

Doohan leading F3... Gardner leading Moto2.

Kinda cool.

2012 GTP Non-Championship Champion | 2012 Guess the Kai-Star Half Marathon Time Champion | 2018 GTP Champion | 2019 GTP Champion
Michael Ferner
Favourite Racing Car: Miller '122', McLaren M23
Favourite Driver: Billy Winn, Bruce McLaren
Car(s) Currently Owned: None

Post by Michael Ferner »

MonteCristo wrote: 2 years ago
A Ford? How is the engine situation these days in Sprints; when I was still following (~20 years ago) it was all Chevy with the occasional Ford or Mopar, usually with a top team and winning occasionally. Still the same?
2023 'Guess The Pole' Points & Accuracy Champion

If you don't vote now against fascism, you may never have that chance again...

Ceterum censeo interruptiones essent delendam.
Ian-S
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by Ian-S »

Looks like there’s been an absolutely massive crash at Brands in the BARC saloons, it’s been a long time since I’ve seen something like that and I wouldn’t be surprised to hear of fatalities.

Basically there were three cars crossing the line together and the outside car got pitched into the barriers on the outside, right by the marshals post opposite the old pit exit, the barrier folded and the saloon car rolled over it and rolled full chat into the sport where the marshals post was, whoever was in the gallery acted quickly and cut to another view but it was too late, if you were watching you know what was going to happen, it’s the second time in the last couple of months there has been an accident like that at that spot only I don’t think they’ll be so lucky this time.

Hope everybody is ok though, they’ve now ended the broadcast and are showing highlights of old events now on YouTube,

Edit: Broadcast stream has now been completely removed from YouTube, guessing that isn’t good news then.
I am very sorry if you find my posts long and boring, I like to type and often go off on a tangent.
If this is the case, you may click here to solve the problem, or alternatively here too.
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Kimi,Niki,Jim(none called Michael)
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: Audi SQ5 3.0L V6 TwinTurbo
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Post by Everso Biggyballies »

Ian-S wrote: 2 years ago Looks like there’s been an absolutely massive crash at Brands in the BARC saloons, it’s been a long time since I’ve seen something like that and I wouldn’t be surprised to hear of fatalities.

Basically there were three cars crossing the line together and the outside car got pitched into the barriers on the outside, right by the marshals post opposite the old pit exit, the barrier folded and the saloon car rolled over it and rolled full chat into the sport where the marshals post was, whoever was in the gallery acted quickly and cut to another view but it was too late, if you were watching you know what was going to happen, it’s the second time in the last couple of months there has been an accident like that at that spot only I don’t think they’ll be so lucky this time.

Hope everybody is ok though, they’ve now ended the broadcast and are showing highlights of old events now on YouTube,

Edit: Broadcast stream has now been completely removed from YouTube, guessing that isn’t good news then.
Warning.... maybe serious injuries......

A huge crash occurred during the CTCRC Pre 93/03 race at Brands Hatch in 2021. One car flips over the armco just after the start/finish line and summersaults into a marshal post.

The condition of the marshals are unknown as of the upload of this video and we will keep you posted in the comments.

This clip is taken from the official British Automobile Racing Club [BARC] YouTube livestream and is only uploaded as to inform of an event that has occurred. There is no monetary gain from the upload of this video and is only for informative purpose.

This clip is taken from the official broadcast:

* I started life with nothing, and still have most of it left

“Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows!” (Walter Röhrl)

* I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always
Ian-S
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by Ian-S »

Yeah I’ve got the video but I’ll just keep it on the PC for now, that’s almost identical to a crash that happened a few weeks ago there too, car actually ended up propped up against the Marshall’s post that time.

I don’t know when motorsport moved away from railway sleeper style posts behind the barriers but I I never remember cars doing that until they did, these barriers seem to be held up by a flimsy bit of steel in an H shape now rather than the massive wooden posts of old.

Apparently the air ambulance has only just taken off, two hours after the initial crash. I can’t decide if there’s two or four Marshall’s on that post, it’s all a bit blurred as you’d expect.
I am very sorry if you find my posts long and boring, I like to type and often go off on a tangent.
If this is the case, you may click here to solve the problem, or alternatively here too.
Ian-S
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by Ian-S »

Now there’s been a massive crash at Spa, I said to the Mrs when she came home earlier that it’s going to be one of those weekends,,,,
Ian-S
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by Ian-S »

Police in attendance at Brands apparently.

I really don’t get this censorship over things nowadays, all I’m seeing on Twitter is people being hysterical and calling for bans for people who post the videos of the two crashes, it’s real life, seeing it will help you cope with it if you’re ever present at something like this in real life, certainly did me recently.

It’s no wonder we’ve got a country full of people who can’t cope with the simplest if things.
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Ian-S wrote: 2 years ago Police in attendance at Brands apparently.

I really don’t get this censorship over things nowadays, all I’m seeing on Twitter is people being hysterical and calling for bans for people who post the videos of the two crashes, it’s real life, seeing it will help you cope with it if you’re ever present at something like this in real life, certainly did me recently.

It’s no wonder we’ve got a country full of people who can’t cope with the simplest if things.
My understanding is the driver suffered an injured leg although he was apparently seen walking away with help... but a marshal sadly has passed away. RIP :rip:
That would explain the Police attendance.
Racing was cancelled for the rest of the day.

Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

The British Automobile Racing Club is saddened to confirm that as a result of an accident that occurred during a race meeting at Brands Hatch circuit today (Saturday 31 July), a volunteer marshal tragically lost their life. The rest of the day’s racing activity was cancelled.

As with any major incident, the BARC is now working with the national governing body, Motorsport UK, and the local police.

On behalf of everyone connected with the BARC, we are devastated by loss of one of the amazing volunteer marshal community who do so much to enable the sport to take place. Our thoughts and best wishes are with the family and friends of all those involved.

It is anticipated that the event will resume on Sunday.
https://www.barc.net/barc-statement/

MonteCristo

Post by MonteCristo »

Fark. That was a massive shunt. No chance.

RIP to the marshal.