Random Motorsports Discussion ***MAY Contain Spoilers***

Current motorsport related news, information and discussion on any series that does not fit in the above or below categories
acerogers58
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by acerogers58 »

Bottom post of the previous page:

It would of been nice to see the final race of the season, but uh, you couldn't. The same people who did the dirt surface for this track are the same putting dirt down at Bristol next year, I sure hope they do a better job..
acerogers58
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by acerogers58 »

They really disqualified Steven Nasse for "rough driving" in the final corner of the Snowflake 100 tonight just for this...
MonteCristo
Favourite Motorsport: Openwheel
Favourite Racing Car: Tyrrell P34/Protos
Favourite Driver: JV
Favourite Circuit: Road America

Post by MonteCristo »

It's all in the race name.
Oscar Piastri in F1! Catch the fever! Vettel Hate Club. Life membership.

2012 GTP Non-Championship Champion | 2012 Guess the Kai-Star Half Marathon Time Champion | 2018 GTP Champion | 2019 GTP Champion
acerogers58
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by acerogers58 »

acerogers58
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by acerogers58 »

Warren
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by Warren »

Here's How to Watch Sunday's Trans Am Series Opener from Sebring

Action from Trans Am Championship Presented by Pirelli at Sebring International Raceway will be livestreamed.

The Trans Am Series kicks off its 55th season at Sebring International Raceway this weekend, Feb. 19-21.

If you can't make it Sebring for the season-opening event, or would rather stay home and battle winter, there's still a way to catch the action. The Trans Am by Pirelli Racing app offers a full-service digital media platform, including livestreaming of Trans Am race events, as well as select qualifying sessions.

https://www.autoweek.com/racing/more-ra ... m-sebring/
What if?
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Kimi,Niki,Jim(none called Michael)
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: Audi SQ5 3.0L V6 TwinTurbo
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Post by Everso Biggyballies »

TV Series to depict Johnson/Brock Australian Touring Car rivalry

I must confess my first thought when I read of this plan was a bit of an ORLY. I am not generally a fan of real life motor racing TV drama regurgitations on the basis of they rarely replicate the truth and they are generally cheesy by the time they have thrown in stuff to make it appeal to the masses more than the purist.

We have seen recent stuff about Brock of the same ilk that frankly failed to impress, but it seems this one is more from a Ford angle, as the "Blue Print" title indicates..

So, im not holding my breath. On the other hand it represents an era and genre of motor racing close to my heart, the classic Holden v Ford stuff that divided families in the day..... so I wont write it off in advance.

If I approach it with low expectations I cant get too disappointed.... right? :dunno:
And if it exceeds expectations? Well, its a bonus. :mrgreen:

Here is what it promises....
A new series is set to dive into the rivalry between Dick Johnson and Peter Brock through the early 1980s of the Australian Touring Car Championship.

The television drama entitled Blue Print is written by Rob Draper – the son of Ford designer Wayne – directed by Tony Rogers, and produced by Jason Byrne and Jane Liscombe.

“BLUE PRINT is a drama set in the early 1980s when the Australian Touring Car Championship was all thrills and V8 intensity,” reads promotional material.

“In a world of cut-throat competition, we follow the hidden characters behind Ford’s explosive comeback against ‘The King of the Mountain’.

“It reflects the suburban energy of Don’s Party in the 80s and the working-class sincerity of The Castle, with the cinematic experience of Ford vs Ferrari.

“This story has never been told in the public domain – until now.”

Further teasers read, “We’ll take you behind the Ford factory walls in Broadmeadows where men and women from all corners of the globe made the cars that made up much of the Aussie landscape.

“And we’ll dive into some of the legends… like Helen, the painter who secretly engraved her name on a hundreds thousand Ford Falcons.”

After Brock won the third and last of his ATCC titles in 1980, Johnson took the crown in ’81, ’82 and ’84.
https://www.speedcafe.com/2021/03/27/se ... k-rivalry/

* I started life with nothing, and still have most of it left

“Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows!” (Walter Röhrl)

* I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always
hollie3sa

Post by hollie3sa »

Stroll puts Mont-Tremblant up for sale

https://racer.com/2021/04/13/stroll-put ... -for-sale/
Aston Martin team owner Lawrence Stroll is selling the iconic Circuit Mont-Tremblant in Quebec, Canada, potentially including the legendary Jim Russell Racing School.

Mont-Tremblant opened in 1964 and hosted two grands prix back in 1968 and 1970, while it has also hosted IndyCar, with a Champ Car race last held in 2007.

Canadian billionaire Stroll bought the former home of the Canadian Grand Prix back in 2000, and has carried out extensive work in the time since then. A redesign was overseen by South African track designer Alan Wilson in 2000 and 2001, and in the intervening period the track has been resurfaced and extended in width from 28 to 40 feet, new gravel traps and run-off areas added to meet FIA safety regulations, and the pit lane restructured.

The over 300-acre site has also seen an improved medical facility and new timing tower added, while the sales brochure also suggests it “boasts a unique opportunity for a residential redevelopment.” As part of the sale, the Jim Russell Racing School is listed as a business the opportunity can also include.

Bids are being invited for the circuit, with a deadline of Thursday, April 15 at 4 p.m. ET.

Stroll’s more recent business focus has been in the UK since he completed his takeover of the former Force India team and eventually rebranded it as Aston Martin this year. He now holds the position of executive chairman of Aston Martin Lagonda.
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Hopefully it will remain as a motorsport venue and not get bought by an investor to cut up into a housing estate.

MonteCristo
Favourite Motorsport: Openwheel
Favourite Racing Car: Tyrrell P34/Protos
Favourite Driver: JV
Favourite Circuit: Road America

Post by MonteCristo »

:( :(
Oscar Piastri in F1! Catch the fever! Vettel Hate Club. Life membership.

2012 GTP Non-Championship Champion | 2012 Guess the Kai-Star Half Marathon Time Champion | 2018 GTP Champion | 2019 GTP Champion
acerogers58
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by acerogers58 »

Some big fights broke out at Tri-County speedway this weekend
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Hmmmm so much for social distancing.... :aggro: :nuts: :suspicious:

acerogers58
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by acerogers58 »

The two people who were using weapons have apparently been arrested
Camille882
Favourite Motorsport: 0279817195

Post by Camille882 »

Why were they arrested?
I did not understand very well
acerogers58
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by acerogers58 »

Camille882 wrote: 2 years ago Why were they arrested?
I did not understand very well
Two people used wrenches as weapons in the fight.