VW Out of ICE Racing

Current motorsport related news, information and discussion on any series that does not fit in the above or below categories
strad
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member
Car(s) Currently Owned: 2004 Mustang SVT Cobra + Colorado

VW Out of ICE Racing

Post by strad »

No chance of any VW coming to F1. Or any other internal combustion engine based series.
""Volkswagen has confirmed that it is focusing its motorsport strategy on electric mobility. A clear emphasis on fully electric racing cars will be backed up by the farewell to factory-backed commitments using internal combustion engines.""
If a man can't look at danger and still go on, man has stopped living. If the worst ever happens – then it means simply that I've been asked to pay the bill for the happiness of my life – without a moment's regret. Graham Hill
MonteCristo
Favourite Motorsport: Openwheel
Favourite Racing Car: Tyrrell P34/Protos
Favourite Driver: JV
Favourite Circuit: Road America

Post by MonteCristo »

You do have to wonder what sort of future there will be for *any* manufacturers or OEMs if a net zero world comes about.

I mean, they could offset emissions, but it's not a great look. OEMs would be less impacted (eg: here's a spec stock-block V8.. you can still go racing...)... but I can't see any top-level brand getting behind that either.
Oscar Piastri in F1! Catch the fever! Vettel Hate Club. Life membership.

2012 GTP Non-Championship Champion | 2012 Guess the Kai-Star Half Marathon Time Champion | 2018 GTP Champion | 2019 GTP Champion