So, I didn't watch ANY other motorsport this year. How was it?

Current motorsport related news, information and discussion on any series that does not fit in the above or below categories
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 49
Favourite Driver: Gilles Villeneuve, James Hunt
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X JDM

So, I didn't watch ANY other motorsport this year. How was it?

Post by PTRACER »

Was any of the Indy/NASCAR/sportscar series any good once they got started?
Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

King of the Race Track, Destroyer of Tyres, Breaker of Lap Records
MonteCristo
Favourite Motorsport: Openwheel
Favourite Racing Car: Tyrrell P34/Protos
Favourite Driver: JV
Favourite Circuit: Road America

Post by MonteCristo »

Indycar had some really good races. No *absolute* snorers compared to F1, but it also had plenty of meh races.

If only Dixon had one or two bad races earlier in the year to liven the title up.
Oscar Piastri in F1! Catch the fever! Vettel Hate Club. Life membership.

2012 GTP Non-Championship Champion | 2012 Guess the Kai-Star Half Marathon Time Champion | 2018 GTP Champion | 2019 GTP Champion
Andy
Supreme Member
Supreme Member
Favourite Motorsport: 2 & 3 Wheeling
Favourite Racing Car: Bike ;) - Yamaha YZR 500
Favourite Driver: Justin 'Weeman' Collins
Favourite Circuit: Isle of Man - Mountain Course
Car(s) Currently Owned: M'cycle ;) - Yamaha FZS 600

Post by Andy »

PTRACER wrote: 3 years ago Was any of the Indy/NASCAR/sportscar series any good once they got started?
Neither did I, but I would watch quite some of the two wheel racing in BSB, MotoAmerica, IDM, WSB & MotoGP. In fact, watching the Macau F3 race in a few minutes, might be the first full 4 wheeler race I'm going to watch this year.

Quite some nailbiter races in there, although I truly disliked that C19 threw random jokers into the game
"Those who risk nothing, do nothing, achieve nothing, become nothing" - David Jefferies
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Kimi,Niki,Jim(none called Michael)
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: Audi SQ5 3.0L V6 TwinTurbo
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Post by Everso Biggyballies »

Andy wrote: 3 years ago
PTRACER wrote: 3 years ago Was any of the Indy/NASCAR/sportscar series any good once they got started?
Neither did I, but I would watch quite some of the two wheel racing in BSB, MotoAmerica, IDM, WSB & MotoGP. In fact, watching the Macau F3 race in a few minutes, might be the first full 4 wheeler race I'm going to watch this year.

Quite some nailbiter races in there, although I truly disliked that C19 threw random jokers into the game
I had forgotten all about Macau.... mind you if you were going to watch the F3 you will be disappointed... AFAIK it was downgraded this year to an F4 event....an end to 37 years as the blue riband of Formula 3 competition. It gets worse as I think the reason for no F3 is down to their strict international quarantine rules... 14 days no exceptions. In effect the F4 race is a round of the F4 Chinese Championship.

Certainly that was the case a month ago.

Edi: I just went to the Macau GP website to see what was happening.... they just refer to the race as the Macau GP, not saying what category, but it sounds like Chinese F4 given the qualifying race report....
.....It was local drivers first and second in the Qualification Race for the 67th Macau Grand Prix, as Charles Leong Hon Chio held off Andy Chang Wing Chung for victory......
:rofl:

FWIW here is a link to the live stream: https://www.macau.grandprix.gov.mo/zh-h ... eo_live_en

* I started life with nothing, and still have most of it left

“Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows!” (Walter Röhrl)

* I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always
Andy
Supreme Member
Supreme Member

Post by Andy »

Everso Biggyballies wrote: 3 years ago

I had forgotten all about Macau.... mind you if you were going to watch the F3 you will be disappointed... AFAIK it was downgraded this year to an F4 event....an end to 37 years as the blue riband of Formula 3 competition. It gets worse as I think the reason for no F3 is down to their strict international quarantine rules... 14 days no exceptions. In effect the F4 race is a round of the F4 Chinese Championship.

Certainly that was the case a month ago.

Edi: I just went to the Macau GP website to see what was happening.... they just refer to the race as the Macau GP, not saying what category, but it sounds like Chinese F4 given the qualifying race report....
.....It was local drivers first and second in the Qualification Race for the 67th Macau Grand Prix, as Charles Leong Hon Chio held off Andy Chang Wing Chung for victory......

FWIW here is a link to the live stream: https://www.macau.grandprix.gov.mo/zh-h ... eo_live_en
Yeah just learnt it is another chinese F4 race. Funny enough, it is lead by two locals.
"Those who risk nothing, do nothing, achieve nothing, become nothing" - David Jefferies
DaleJuniorFan
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1, Indycar

Post by DaleJuniorFan »

Everso Biggyballies wrote: 3 years ago Edi: I just went to the Macau GP website to see what was happening.... they just refer to the race as the Macau GP, not saying what category, but it sounds like Chinese F4 given the qualifying race report....
Everybody have fun tonight
Everybody Wing Chung tonight

PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by PTRACER »

MonteCristo wrote: 3 years ago Indycar had some really good races. No *absolute* snorers compared to F1, but it also had plenty of meh races.

If only Dixon had one or two bad races earlier in the year to liven the title up.
Recommendations?

How was the MotoGP?
Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

MonteCristo
Favourite Motorsport: Openwheel
Favourite Racing Car: Tyrrell P34/Protos
Favourite Driver: JV
Favourite Circuit: Road America

Post by MonteCristo »

PTRACER wrote: 3 years ago
MonteCristo wrote: 3 years ago Indycar had some really good races. No *absolute* snorers compared to F1, but it also had plenty of meh races.

Recommendations?
Indy harvest race 1 at IMS immediately comes to mind.
Oscar Piastri in F1! Catch the fever! Vettel Hate Club. Life membership.

2012 GTP Non-Championship Champion | 2012 Guess the Kai-Star Half Marathon Time Champion | 2018 GTP Champion | 2019 GTP Champion
John
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Post by John »

MonteCristo wrote: 3 years ago

Recommendations?
Seconded. An absolute barnstormer.
2018 GTP Accuracy champion.

CEREAL IS A SOUP.
Andy
Supreme Member
Supreme Member

Post by Andy »

Recommendations?

How was the MotoGP?
No surprises in terms of the respective championships but quite some exciting racing. It was interesting to see what the contenders were doing, how they managed their races. Most exciting seemed to be Albert Arenas in Moto3 who looked like coming off more than once, which would have ruined his chances.
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Actually Moto 3 was quite fun this year with plenty of action and of course pack racing / slipstreaming came with the inevitable last lap games of Motorbike skittles.

Good to see in MotoGP the levelling of the field without Marquez there, and as I have mentioned before 10 different winners for I think 15 races, including a few first time winners. Mir took the title by doing a Rosberg, with just one win, and leading only 11 laps all year, but a number of podiums to back that up.... yet Quartararo with 3 wins finishing only 8th in the title chase.

Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Actually Moto 3 was quite fun this year with plenty of action and of course pack racing / slipstreaming came with the inevitable last lap games of Motorbike skittles.

Good to see in MotoGP the levelling of the field without Marquez there, and as I have mentioned before 10 different winners for I think 14 or 15 races, including a few first time winners. Mir took the title by doing a Rosberg, with just one win, and leading only 11 laps all year, but a number of podiums to back that up.... yet Quartararo with 3 wins finishing only 8th in the title chase.

PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by PTRACER »

MonteCristo wrote: 3 years ago

Recommendations?
I watched it now, it was pretty fun.

M1C54L
Favourite Motorsport: F1
Favourite Driver: Ayrton | Lewis
Favourite Circuit: Marina Bay | Spa

Post by M1C54L »

F1 had one of it's bests years, IMHO. Some cool new tracks, two new winners and a great batch of drivers.

Haven't watched Indy in a while, I'm in Europe and don't have a live feed.
Cheeveer
Favourite Racing Car: Panoz GTR1
Favourite Driver: Alex Zanardi
Favourite Circuit: Bathurst

Post by Cheeveer »

tbh, no series springs to mind as a must-watch, not even Indycar.

Except MotoGP.

Obviously.
***Some say you should live each day like it was your last... but who wants to live each day in wild panic and extreme death anxiety?

The universe, look at the hugeness of it... it is a dizzying thought that little ol' me is the centre of it all!***