The life and times of Mahaveer Ragunathan. A brilliant flick.

Current motorsport related news, information and discussion on any series that does not fit in the above or below categories
John
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

The life and times of Mahaveer Ragunathan. A brilliant flick.

Post by John »

Best 20 minutes of my life.
2018 GTP Accuracy champion.

CEREAL IS A SOUP.
MonteCristo
Favourite Motorsport: Openwheel
Favourite Racing Car: Tyrrell P34/Protos
Favourite Driver: JV
Favourite Circuit: Road America

Post by MonteCristo »

He gives me hope.
Oscar Piastri in F1! Catch the fever! Vettel Hate Club. Life membership.

2012 GTP Non-Championship Champion | 2012 Guess the Kai-Star Half Marathon Time Champion | 2018 GTP Champion | 2019 GTP Champion
theracer120
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by theracer120 »

Good grief. I knew that guy was bad but I didn't realise how little he had done previously. I can't believe he was actually allowed to race in F2 to begin with, obviously the minimum requirements to run in F2 are not high enough.
John
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Post by John »

theracer120 wrote: 4 years ago Good grief. I knew that guy was bad but I didn't realise how little he had done previously. I can't believe he was actually allowed to race in F2 to begin with, obviously the minimum requirements to run in F2 are not high enough.
Yeah. This video made me think that we need super license points in F2 as well. Like, 5 points should be enough to get rid of people like Rags. It's like Josh says in the video, F2 is supposed to be a series where the best junior drivers in the world race. Not Mahaveer Ragunathan.

CEREAL IS A SOUP.
MonteCristo
Favourite Motorsport: Openwheel
Favourite Racing Car: Tyrrell P34/Protos
Favourite Driver: JV
Favourite Circuit: Road America

Post by MonteCristo »

John wrote: 4 years ago
theracer120 wrote: 4 years ago Good grief. I knew that guy was bad but I didn't realise how little he had done previously. I can't believe he was actually allowed to race in F2 to begin with, obviously the minimum requirements to run in F2 are not high enough.
Yeah. This video made me think that we need super license points in F2 as well. Like, 5 points should be enough to get rid of people like Rags. It's like Josh says in the video, F2 is supposed to be a series where the best junior drivers in the world race. Not Mahaveer Ragunathan.
The problem then lies with people like Kimi - huge talents (unlike old mate)... But they wouldn't necessarily have enough points to get in. That said, whether people who have been in 16 or so races previously should be in F1 is another problem :P.

However, there should be some way to weed out the dodgy ones.

I don't really have a problem with this guy getting a start in F2... Ultimately, he had the money the team needed. But it's him staying in the seat for so, so long that's the biggest worry for me.
Oscar Piastri in F1! Catch the fever! Vettel Hate Club. Life membership.

2012 GTP Non-Championship Champion | 2012 Guess the Kai-Star Half Marathon Time Champion | 2018 GTP Champion | 2019 GTP Champion
John
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Post by John »

MonteCristo wrote: 4 years ago
John wrote: 4 years ago
The problem then lies with people like Kimi - huge talents (unlike old mate)... But they wouldn't necessarily have enough points to get in. That said, whether people who have been in 16 or so races previously should be in F1 is another problem :P.

However, there should be some way to weed out the dodgy ones.

I don't really have a problem with this guy getting a start in F2... Ultimately, he had the money the team needed. But it's him staying in the seat for so, so long that's the biggest worry for me.
Bang on. I've no idea how you'd work out a system that would allow obvious talents like Kimi and Max getting a seat while weeding out the no-hope seat fillers like Rags from spending an entire season being a danger to everyone.

CEREAL IS A SOUP.