[F2/F3/GP3/WSR] 2018 Junior Series Discussion

Current motorsport related news, information and discussion on any series that does not fit in the above or below categories
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Kimi,Niki,Jim(none called Michael)
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: Audi SQ5 3.0L V6 TwinTurbo
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Post by Everso Biggyballies »

Bottom post of the previous page:

Im less impressed with Norris these days than I was a couple of years ago, but Russell impresses me greatly.

* I started life with nothing, and still have most of it left

“Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows!” (Walter Röhrl)

* I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always
MonteCristo
Favourite Motorsport: Openwheel
Favourite Racing Car: Tyrrell P34/Protos
Favourite Driver: JV
Favourite Circuit: Road America

Post by MonteCristo »

Everso Biggyballies wrote: 5 years ago Im less impressed with Norris these days than I was a couple of years ago, but Russell impresses me greatly.
Norris has had a very average mid season - after a good start, but he did well in race 2 today.

Russell, meanwhile, has almost come from nowhere.

Their forms have reversed as the season has gone on.
Oscar Piastri in F1! Catch the fever! Vettel Hate Club. Life membership.

2012 GTP Non-Championship Champion | 2012 Guess the Kai-Star Half Marathon Time Champion | 2018 GTP Champion | 2019 GTP Champion
DoubleFart
Elite Member
Elite Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1

Post by DoubleFart »

Ferruci banned for 4 races due to incidents.

It sounds like he forced somebody off on Saturday, did the same today, then hit his team-mate on the cool down lap, plus was seen driving in the paddock with one glove on as he was using a mobile phone.

I'm not sure if that is correct, it was a poorly written article...
Gavle Yule Goat Predictor 2018, 2019 and 2021 Champion
MonteCristo wrote: 2 years agoVettel: Not a fan at all on track. But off track, good guy.
erwin greven
Staff
Staff
Favourite Motorsport: Endurance Racing
Favourite Racing Car: Lancia Delta 038 S4 Group B
Favourite Driver: Ronnie Peterson
Favourite Circuit: Nuerburgring Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Peugeot 206 SW Air-Line 3 2007

Post by erwin greven »

Ferrucci banned, F2 team to take action after deliberately hitting teammate

Haas development driver Santino Ferrucci has been banned for two Formula 2 rounds and is set to have his contract terminated by his Trident team.

Ferrucci and teammate Arjun Maini have both been critical of F2 this year due to technical issues, with Maini delivering an outburst full of expletives after the French Grand Prix about a lack of support from both the series and the team. Ferrucci was critical of F2’s decision to adopt rolling starts from the last round in Austria after clutch issues, but the pair then came together during Sunday’s sprint race at Silverstone.

The contact came during the race, but when Ferrucci later ran into the rear of Maini’s car on the cool-down lap, and after being handed a four-race ban — two rounds of the championship — his Trident team then issued a remarkable statement via Twitter.

“Trident intends to show their solidarity and support to Arjun Maini and his family, for the unsportsmanlike and above all uncivilized behavior that he was forced to endure not only during this last weekend by Santino Ferrucci and father, who accompanied him.

“The contractual implications of what has happened will be dealt with by our lawyers. Never in these 12 years of sporting activity has anything even close to this ever occurred. We apologize for the show that we have regretfully offered.”

FIA Formula 2 championship officials issued penalties after determining the contact was deliberate — breaching the Sporting Regulations. After the stewards heard testimony from the team that this was a premeditated incident, Ferrucci was summoned to the hearing but declined to attend. As a consequence, the American driver was suspended from the next two FIA Formula 2 Championship rounds — meaning he would not have been permitted to participate in both Budapest and Spa-Francorchamps. He has also been given a fine of €60,000 ($70,500).

In another incident with his teammate, Ferrucci was found to have deliberately forced Maini off of the road at Turn 4 after the Indian driver proceeded to make a pass for position. Once again, Ferrucci declined to attend the hearing.

Having also been observed transitioning from the support paddock to the race pit lane wearing just one glove and holding a phone in his hand by a technical delegate, Ferrucci was found in violation of both the Technical and Sporting Regulations for incorrect driver safety equipment and the prohibition of wireless transmission devices within the car. For these transgressions, he earned a further €6000 ($7,000) in fines.

Ferrucci, a 20-year-old Connecticut native, made his Verizon IndyCar Series debut in June replacing the injured Pietro Fittipaldi at Dale Coyne Racing, finishing 22nd and 20th in the two races at Belle Isle.
https://racer.com/2018/07/08/ferrucci-b ... -teammate/
Brian Redman: "Mr. Fangio, how do you come so fast?" "More throttle, less brakes...."
erwin greven
Staff
Staff
Favourite Motorsport: Endurance Racing
Favourite Racing Car: Lancia Delta 038 S4 Group B
Favourite Driver: Ronnie Peterson
Favourite Circuit: Nuerburgring Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Peugeot 206 SW Air-Line 3 2007

Post by erwin greven »

Brian Redman: "Mr. Fangio, how do you come so fast?" "More throttle, less brakes...."
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

He (Ferruci) has now issued an apology to all concerned for his behaviour, citing amongst other reasons his being a frustrated passionate and emotional Italian American! Sorry but its is too little too late for an inexcusable act not mitigated by his words. It turned out to be an expensive weekend in fines and the immeasurable career damage. He says it wont happen again. Hopefully he wont get the opportunity to not do it again.
As for no intent, that is a load of bollocks.

From Speedcafe:
The Haas F1 development driver received more than (AUD)$100,000 worth of fines, was disqualified from Sunday’s race and handed a four race ban for a number of infringements including driving while using a mobile phone, not attending the stewards hearings, forcing his Trident team-mate off the road and deliberately crashing into his team-mate on the cool down lap.

Trident issued a statement following the event branding its driver’s behaviour as “unsportsmanlike and above all uncivilised.”

On Monday, Ferrucci issued a statement of apology and claimed his absence from the stewards hearing was the result of anti-doping controls.

“I want to send my sincerest apologies for my actions on Sunday at the FIA F2 race at Silverstone Circuit,” the statement read.

“I used extremely poor judgement at the conclusion of the race getting far too close to my team-mate Arjun and swerved away only to graze his tire, very fortunately causing no damage or issue to his car.

“There was no intent, premeditation or any type of retaliation by my actions, only anger and frustration as this has been a horrific year.

“I have no excuse other than the fact that I am a twenty year old Italian American with a deep passion for motorsport, which is a very emotional sport.

“While there has been much provocation leading to my mental lapse, it is still not an excuse and I will make sure that this does not happen again.

“I realise I have embarrassed many people and I apologise to my sponsors, Trident, my fellow drivers, Haas F1, FIA, FIA F2, my fans, friends and family.

“I also want to apologise to the FIA Stewards for not being able to attend the hearing.

“I was randomly selected for a drug test, as were others, and this delayed my return to the paddock by over an hour.

“At that point I very quickly packed and had to leave for the airport to catch an early afternoon flight back to the US to attend to an extremely urgent time sensitive family medical issue.

“I was notified of the Stewards meeting as I was leaving and did send an email to my team manager to forward to the Stewards explaining that I had no option but to leave.”

Ian-S
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by Ian-S »

He'll fit in at Stewart-Haas Racing quiet well.
I am very sorry if you find my posts long and boring, I like to type and often go off on a tangent.
If this is the case, you may click here to solve the problem, or alternatively here too.
caneparo
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Racing Car: Ferrari
Favourite Circuit: Monza
Car(s) Currently Owned: Fiat 500X

Post by caneparo »

the thing reagrind ferrucci is beyond the expectable and unbelievable even for a young spoiled brat like those we have these periods.
I am from Italy, a country known for its history, cars, food, wine, and horny men
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Forged-In ... 565?ref=ts
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Good to see that Trident have cancelled Ferrucci's contract for not only his actions but defaulting on his payments for the ride, as well as his antics at Silverstone.

To make matters worse for him his management company have also ditched him
Formula 2 team Trident Motorsport has parted ways with banned Haas Formula 1 junior driver Santino Ferrucci, who crashed into team-mate Arjun Maini and drove with a phone in hand.

Trident has cited Ferrucci's actions, as well as payment issues, for the reason of the contract termination.

The statement said Trident had "communicated to Santino Ferrucci and to its guarantor, a company represented by Mr Michael Ferrucci, the termination of the contract with the team.

"This decision was motivated by the events - which are now in the public domain - that occurred at Silverstone, as well as by the serious breach of driver's payment obligations.

"Since the beginning of the championship, the driver justified his payment default with alleged failure by his sponsors to fulfil their obligations.

"It seems weird that, despite such kind of issues, Santino Ferrucci had the resources needed to enter the Detroit IndyCar race from June 1-3 while, at the same time, he was not honouring his agreement with Trident Motorsport.

"Trident gave mandate to its lawyers in order to activate all the procedures needed to fully recover its credits towards the driver."

Trident has a week to finalise a replacement for Ferrucci in time for the next F2 round on the Hungarian Grand Prix support bill.

Autosport understands that Ferrucci has also been released by his management company, Julian Jakobi's GP Sports Management.
https://www.autosport.com/f2/news/13749 ... d-ferrucci

Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Good F3 race being shown live on TV here atm from Spa.( @MonteCristo its on Bein Sports ch 513)

MonteCristo
Favourite Motorsport: Openwheel
Favourite Racing Car: Tyrrell P34/Protos
Favourite Driver: JV
Favourite Circuit: Road America

Post by MonteCristo »

Everso Biggyballies wrote: 5 years ago Good F3 race being shown live on TV here atm from Spa.( @MonteCristo its on Bein Sports ch 513)
Missed it :(. Too busy watching Air Crash Investigations :oops:.
Oscar Piastri in F1! Catch the fever! Vettel Hate Club. Life membership.

2012 GTP Non-Championship Champion | 2012 Guess the Kai-Star Half Marathon Time Champion | 2018 GTP Champion | 2019 GTP Champion
John
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Post by John »

Hometown hero Linus Lundqvist absolutely dominating British F3 this year. GO LAD GO.
2018 GTP Accuracy champion.

CEREAL IS A SOUP.
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

MonteCristo wrote: 5 years ago
Everso Biggyballies wrote: 5 years ago Good F3 race being shown live on TV here atm from Spa.( @MonteCristo its on Bein Sports ch 513)
Missed it :(. Too busy watching Air Crash Investigations :oops:.
Mick Schumacher took first European Formula 3 win at Spa, the circuit where his Dad had his F1 debut and a year later his first GP win....

Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

F2 race about to start at Hungaroring. Sadly for George Russell a clutch problem has him starting from pit lane.
Due to the rain there is an SC start.

John
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Post by John »

Everso Biggyballies wrote: 5 years ago F2 race about to start at Hungaroring. Sadly for George Russell a clutch problem has him starting from pit lane.
Due to the rain there is an SC start.
Nope. Standing start!
2018 GTP Accuracy champion.

CEREAL IS A SOUP.
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

That was weird.... they started behind the SC did a few laps after which the SC pitted and the cars then stopped for a grid start!
They are calling this lap 1 ie not including the laps behind the SC.