Absurd motor-dreams

Current motorsport related news, information and discussion on any series that does not fit in the above or below categories
Starling
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1
Favourite Driver: Ayrton Senna
Favourite Circuit: Monza, Montecarlo
Car(s) Currently Owned: Nissan Micra (vintage in 3 yrs)

Absurd motor-dreams

Post by Starling »

[Mods, feel free to move this to "Off Topic" if needed]

Do you dream about motorsports? I do. I dream about a lot of stuff, actually; and repeatedly, so even a mundane dream becomes a nightmare through sheer repetition.

Recurring dreams:

- Senna did not die at Imola but in France (or maybe Monaco? a tunnel is involved) and the circumstances of his death were different (someone else was involved) but not less gruesome. At least I think so; every time I have this dream, I do my best to avoid knowing anything about it, even though someone is forcing me to look at the accident.

- Looking for Senna memorabilia. Themed clothing, posters, figurines. Trying the sleaziest dives to get something unique. Recently I wanted a model that had something to do with Optimus Prime too. Then where do I put them? I need to refurbish my house- And will these clothes make me look fat? (Yes. I have a Senna T-Shirt and let's just say I got the size wrong.)

- Driving an F1 car, even though I can barely drive my old automatic in real life. Last night was pure delirium. I was scheduled to drive somewhere cold and/or in the desert (of course) and the start for our cars was similar to that of bobsleigh, you jump in and take off. No idea how this would work in the actual GP, because I did not get that far. I did the first quali session, then on the second session there was a sort of metal elbow at the start that prevented me to take off. I was mad.

The best F1 dream, and one of my absolute best: I had it a few days after Senna's death. I dreamed that he welcomed me inside a paddock and showed me around. I did not want to leave, but at last he led me to the fence gate, kissed me on the cheek and let me out, closing the gate behind me. It was not my place.

And I find it kind of funny
I find it kind of sad
The dreams in which I'm dying
Are the best I've ever had...
Nada pode me separar do amor de Deus.
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 49
Favourite Driver: Gilles Villeneuve, James Hunt
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X JDM

Post by PTRACER »

Hmm, can't say that I do very often!

I sometimes have dreams about my old race car. Stuff like waking up late and missing the start of the race I was competing in. Or being unable to find my way to the track. Or walking away from my car for a while and then being unable to find it.
Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

King of the Race Track, Destroyer of Tyres, Breaker of Lap Records
Starling
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Starling »

I've been away for a while because my Mom was bedridden, and later passed away. Don't be sad, drink to her and Senna who was her fave driver (Alonso too, but he's alive!)

The day before we placed Mom's urn in the family tomb, I had a terrible dream. I woke up thinking THANK GOD Senna died (also) from a suspension bar piercing his forehead.

WARNING - DISTRESSING

In my dream the suspension bar sliced through his head, so when they lifted the helmet, half his skull and brain came away with it. The dream was way more detailed but I'll spare you.

END OF DISTRESSING PART

Now I hope I'll get closure and I'll be more present. Maybe with more weird dreams :D
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Kimi,Niki,Jim(none called Michael)
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: Audi SQ5 3.0L V6 TwinTurbo
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Post by Everso Biggyballies »

Starling wrote: 1 year ago I've been away for a while because my Mom was bedridden, and later passed away. Don't be sad, drink to her and Senna who was her fave driver (Alonso too, but he's alive!)

The day before we placed Mom's urn in the family tomb, I had a terrible dream. I woke up thinking THANK GOD Senna died (also) from a suspension bar piercing his forehead.

WARNING - DISTRESSING

In my dream the suspension bar sliced through his head, so when they lifted the helmet, half his skull and brain came away with it. The dream was way more detailed but I'll spare you.

END OF DISTRESSING PART

Now I hope I'll get closure and I'll be more present. Maybe with more weird dreams :D
Sorry to hear of your loss. Thoughts and prayers. May your Mother Rest in Peace.

* I started life with nothing, and still have most of it left

“Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows!” (Walter Röhrl)

* I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always
Starling
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Starling »

Everso Biggyballies wrote: 1 year ago
Starling wrote: 1 year ago Now I hope I'll get closure and I'll be more present. Maybe with more weird dreams :D
Sorry to hear of your loss. Thoughts and prayers. May your Mother Rest in Peace.
Thanks dearest! <3
JBT
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 98T, Porsche 917
Favourite Driver: Nigel Mansell
Favourite Circuit: Brands Hatch
Car(s) Currently Owned: Alfa 156 V6

Post by JBT »

PTRACER wrote: 2 years ago Hmm, can't say that I do very often!

I sometimes have dreams about my old race car. Stuff like waking up late and missing the start of the race I was competing in. Or being unable to find my way to the track. Or walking away from my car for a while and then being unable to find it.
I get something similar PT. If I dream about anything motor racing related it's always a kart race and I always miss the start. Something stupid like I can't get my race suit on. I haven't seriously raced for nearly a decade but I still get the odd dream like that. It might stem from the time I was late leaving home to a meeting and drove like a madman 150 miles to Clay Pigeon circuit, pulling into the carpark just as the driver briefing was starting. Just made it!

The human brain is strange :haha:
"I decided i was going to go into it flat, so i did" Nigel Mansell, 1990 Mexican GP