BBC 'Grand Prix' Extended Highlight Shows

Post your requests for pictures, videos or documents here and we will find it for you!
Antonov
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: MP4/13 ; F40
Favourite Driver: M. Hakkinen
Favourite Circuit: Some shitty street circuit
Car(s) Currently Owned: VW Golf GTI

Post by Antonov »

Bottom post of the previous page:

PTRACER wrote: 3 years ago BBC stopped broadcasting at the end of 1996, so they did not make highlights. As far as I remember, nor did ITV.
as for ITV, I have the equivalent extended highlights (+- 30 min. per Grand Prix weekend) for 1997 and 1999.
White six
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by White six »

NurPecky2 wrote: 3 years ago Hi all,
I've been scouring the ends of the internet for the past few months attempting to obtain all or as many of the 30 minute BBC 'Grand Prix' highlight shows from 1979-1996. I've managed to dig through various YouTube channels including your good selves to build up a half decent collection but I've hit a dead end. If anyone knows where to find, or indeed have any videos saved from dead links such as the BBC sport website or other youtube channels and would be willing to share, it would be hugely appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.
How many do you have now?

This will annoy you, I did have some from 1985 86 ish, but I think the tapes got binned.

Definitely started recording at Canada 1985, remember that quite clearly. Start was live on BBC2 but then they cut off the coverage after about 3 corners as Sunday Grandstand was ending. How annoying is that?
The board equivalent of the Jody scheckter chicane. Fast but pointless
Antonov
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: MP4/13 ; F40
Favourite Driver: M. Hakkinen
Favourite Circuit: Some shitty street circuit
Car(s) Currently Owned: VW Golf GTI

Post by Antonov »

@bigears used to upload all the BBC extended highlights (79-96).

Not sure if he still visits here, but perhaps we can ask him to upload?

Top 3 of the seasons for me
NurPecky2

Post by NurPecky2 »

@White six It took a while but I downloaded everything I could from that Hungarian website. I'm coming somewhat closer to a complete set, albeit through different sources (SkyF1 classics, F1TV etc.).

I'd love to get my hands on some tapes, I know there are people who have recorded all the highlights from certain years and still possess them. I have the means to digitise them so even if it's the case of "renting" them, I'd love to do that if anyone here has any or knows anyone etc.
NurPecky2

Post by NurPecky2 »

@Antonov Hi there, it took an absolute age but I managed to download all of the races from that Hungarian website. The videos in question were either from the "SkyF1 classics" where they rehashed the Grand Prix shows but badly blurred out any BBC logos, or rips from the BBC Sport website where they used to host the highlights, so unfortunately no ITV highlights. Also managed to find the complete 1989 season from some Russian website in high quality.

There is a YouTube channel called LeeJane2009 that has some ITV highlights, but like a lot of them on YT, they're incomplete and of poor quality.

I'd be very much interested in seeing the ITV highlights if you have any way of sharing. When I made that post I didn't even realise they made a 30 min highlight show! Same goes for the hour long BBC highlights from 2009-11.

Suppose it's also worth saying if anyone owns VHS recordings on tape then I'd be very interested in borrowing them to make a digital copy.