1970 Jimmy Dunne Info - Possible Fatal Accident

Post your requests for pictures, videos or documents here and we will find it for you!
mattia2
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Favourite Motorsport: Motogp and WSBK + everythin classic
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 98T
Favourite Driver: Kevin Schwantz
Favourite Circuit: VIR

Post by mattia2 »

Bottom post of the previous page:

Some time ago i've asked Jesper (which seems to be offline since july, or at least i didn't seen anything posted by him) if i could start something like MM but only with fatal crashes videos, which i've been collecting and searching for the last two years. He said that he had to talk with PTRacer, but i've reiceved no confirmation or any definitive response until now. So if someone want to start something like that, i can give some help (at least providing/finding the clips and give some information). Also @Sedre what you have is some serious shit, i don't think i can do something like that.
Also @hollie3sa to me the CPDB it's one of the best things of this forum, but to me it has some serious problems. Sometimes it's just too messy with some things, give any entry his number it's good, but they shouldn't be ordered by that criteria. I mean, DarcyF1.com works in a similar way, but it's way less confusing than the CPDB.
hollie3sa

Post by hollie3sa »

PT is always open to new ideas. I guess he'd happily accept every piece of work he has to fit into his already tight schedule.
But honestly. What we need to discuss is to whether we should create such a database on our own initiative to later (somehow) incorporate it into The Fastlane. Or if @PTRACER has the necessary time and will to start another project on his server and give "us" the approval to work on it.

@mattia2 It took me some time to get used to it as well. Which flaws have you discovered?
You might want to use this thread to reply.

Also: I'd like to move our discussion into a separate topic. This one here is not the correct place.

@kals: Would you do us the favour and move our discussion here, please?
Sedre
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Sedre »

hollie3sa wrote: 5 years ago That sounds very, very interesting. Are you sure you don't want to publish your files, @Sedre? ;-)
I have no problem to publish my Excel database, but one of reasons why I won't to do it with HTM files because I used copyright images of several drivers and crashes, so it would be a big problem (HTM base was created with sole purpose to keep information about accidents, so I never intended to publish it online).

And BTW, we need to avoid copypasting or stealing information from MM without their permission as I know one site which did it in past and now labeled as "site-which-must-not-be-mentioned".
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 49
Favourite Driver: Gilles Villeneuve, James Hunt
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X JDM

Post by PTRACER »

mattia2 wrote: 5 years ago Some time ago i've asked Jesper (which seems to be offline since july, or at least i didn't seen anything posted by him) if i could start something like MM but only with fatal crashes videos, which i've been collecting and searching for the last two years. He said that he had to talk with PTRacer, but i've reiceved no confirmation or any definitive response until now. So if someone want to start something like that, i can give some help (at least providing/finding the clips and give some information). Also @Sedre what you have is some serious shit, i don't think i can do something like that.
Also @hollie3sa to me the CPDB it's one of the best things of this forum, but to me it has some serious problems. Sometimes it's just too messy with some things, give any entry his number it's good, but they shouldn't be ordered by that criteria. I mean, DarcyF1.com works in a similar way, but it's way less confusing than the CPDB.
He mentioned the project to me and I approved it. I’m sorry he didn’t reply to you, I haven’t heard from him since either. I’m sure @hollie3sa has mentioned such a project to me before too.

Now, please tell me what is wrong with the CPdB? In my head, the categories are organised very logically, just as I explained to @Michael Ferner earlier. If you could think of something better, I can make some changes, but you would have to nominate someone to revise all previous entries so they fit.
Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

King of the Race Track, Destroyer of Tyres, Breaker of Lap Records
mattia2
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by mattia2 »

PTRACER wrote: 5 years ago
mattia2 wrote: 5 years ago Some time ago i've asked Jesper (which seems to be offline since july, or at least i didn't seen anything posted by him) if i could start something like MM but only with fatal crashes videos, which i've been collecting and searching for the last two years. He said that he had to talk with PTRacer, but i've reiceved no confirmation or any definitive response until now. So if someone want to start something like that, i can give some help (at least providing/finding the clips and give some information). Also @Sedre what you have is some serious shit, i don't think i can do something like that.
He mentioned the project to me and I approved it. I’m sorry he didn’t reply to you, I haven’t heard from him since either. I’m sure @hollie3sa has mentioned such a project to me before too.

Now, please tell me what is wrong with the CPdB? In my head, the categories are organised very logically, just as I explained to @Michael Ferner earlier. If you could think of something better, I can make some changes, but you would have to nominate someone to revise all previous entries so they fit.
Oh wow, i'll write a PM about my posts, i have in mind how to structure it but i want to hear a second opinion.

To me, the real problem with the CPDB is that it seems confusing. It isn't confused, but it seems so. To me, the reserch function isn't that intuitive at the start, so maybe shouldn't be the main research function. Maybe something more simple like DarcyF1.com uses on their site, everything sorted by macrocategories, than by year and for big categories, like Indycar, F1, Motogp and the others, everything sorted also by races. I don't know if you understand what i mean, if you check their site you'll understand it really quickly.
Also, i suggest to add the research parameter "Link Yes/No", so we can easily find the videos that are missing in the CPDB.
Sedre
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Sedre »

Ok, I will try to save my current database at Google Disk and will give link to it when I finish to retranslate and polish information (such as if there is exist pictures or footage of fatal crash). If someone wants link, please write me in PM.

And also yesterday I started specific thread into one of Russian forums dedicated to autosport in hopes to find missing Soviet and Russian fatalities, especially from rally, and that already gave some results.
mattia2
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by mattia2 »

Sedre wrote: 5 years ago Ok, I will try to save my current database at Google Disk and will give link to it when I finish to retranslate and polish information (such as if there is exist pictures or footage of fatal crash). If someone wants link, please write me in PM.

And also yesterday I started specific thread into one of Russian forums dedicated to autosport in hopes to find missing Soviet and Russian fatalities, especially from rally, and that already gave some results.
Interesting, when you've finished send me the files pls. so i can research the videos that i'm missing
hollie3sa

Post by hollie3sa »

@Sedre @mattia2

For further discussion, please use this thread: viewtopic.php?f=10&p=343849&sid=93316b0 ... 7d#p343849

You might want to explain what you've worked on so far.
Motorsportrace
Supreme Member
Supreme Member

Post by Motorsportrace »

Sedre wrote: 5 years ago Ok, I will try to save my current database at Google Disk and will give link to it when I finish to retranslate and polish information (such as if there is exist pictures or footage of fatal crash). If someone wants link, please write me in PM.

I'm also interested in it.
Motorsportrace
Motorsportrace
Supreme Member
Supreme Member

Post by Motorsportrace »

The information about Dunne's death hasn't been updated yet.
Motorsportrace
Sedre
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Sedre »

Motorsportrace wrote: 5 years ago The information about Dunne's death hasn't been updated yet.
I hoped that @hollie3sa would send it because he found information about Dunne.

Just in case, I've send Nanni link to my lists so if he will be interested I will link him to this post.
hollie3sa

Post by hollie3sa »

Well... f**k :whistling:

Leo Nulty should be the one who gets credited!
Sedre
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Sedre »

Well, 6 months had passed and I remembered that we didn't send MM.org information about Jimmy Dunne.
hollie3sa

Post by hollie3sa »

Sedre wrote: 4 years ago Well, 6 months had passed and I remembered that we didn't send MM.org information about Jimmy Dunne.
Would you add Jimmy Dunne to the list of updates in the Motorsport Memorial thread?

Could you make sure that Leo Nulty gets the credit he deserves? He was the one who provided us with the relevant informations in the first place.
Sedre
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Sedre »

I sended information about Dunne next day after I wrote this post. When Nanni will update information, I'll ask him to get credit to Mr. Nulty.
Sedre
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Sedre »

@hollie3sa

Do you know Leo Nutty's nationality? Nanni agreed to add him to thanks list.

Information about Jimmy Dunne was processed.